• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paper tickets from 2001

MollysWorld

Earning My Ears
Hey all, need some help. We are planning a trip for my daughters to visit during June as a graduation/birthday present. A family member has provided us 4-day Park Hopper paper tickets that were issued in 2001 for the kids to use while at Disney. But I have been told that they cannot be linked to magic bands, or used for Fast Pass, in advance of their trip. I really hate for them to get there with no rides selected and have to take what they can get.

Are there any options? Can I apply the value of the paper tickets against a room/park package deal? Right now, we are doing room only, but if the value of the paper tickets can be used, might be worth it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I think probably not. I am assuming that you have already called to see if the tickets can be linked to MDE (I had some old, "paper" tickets that I was easily able to link to MDE and use to make FPs, but I don't think they were as old as 2001).

You could buy new tickets in advance, use those to make FP ressies, but then use the free 2001 tickets to enter the parks when you arrive. Then you would have an extra set of tickets that you could use on a future trip (which won't expire as long as you don't use them on this trip). But that would only make sense if you are sure that you will ever be returning.

It would be disadvantageous to trade in the paper tickets. You would get credit only equal to (or maybe a little less than) what the tickets sold for new back in 2001.

If the tickets had been partially used then they could not be applied to other tickets or packages.

Wow those are still good. I have about 8 of those laying in my file cabinet. Could I sell them since I have AP's now?

It would be disadvantageous to trade in the paper tickets. You would get credit only equal to (or maybe a little less than) what the tickets sold for new back in 2001.

If the tickets had been partially used then they could not be applied to other tickets or packages.
You don't trade them in or upgrade the tickets. You have to get then converted to the new ticket system or they won't work at all.

Hey guys.....thanks for all the help. Supersnoop, the number worked perfect. I called, provided them info from the tickets and now the tickets are linked to the trip in MDE. The first person I talked to a couple of weeks said I was out of luck regarding linking the old paper tickets, the person last night had no problem linking them at all. I'm glad I called back.

Yes, King....the paper tickets were purchased in March, 2001 and were 4 day park hoppers. They are linked and ready for action. Not sure about being able to sell them.

Thanaks for the help!

once you link the tickets, do you still have to have them physically in hand when you arrive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter