Paper navigator.

Thanks. I hate having to use the app all the time.
The way I look at it.. I found I don’t use it all the time, especially later in the day…
Once my battery dies, I can’t open the app until the next day again. Ugh.

We were able to get one on the Magic in late April. It was delivered by GS in an envelop because they didn't want anyone to know. It wasn't the normal Navigator but a list of events, times and locations in a list that they give to cast members so they know when activities are happening. It was difficult to read. It came whenever GS decided to deliver it . Sometimes in the morning, sometimes late in the afternoon.

We sailed on NCL's Pride of America in July. Silly as it sounds 1 thing I was so excited about was that they have paper "Navigators (yes, I called it the Navigator all week even though that's not what NCL calls them :laughing: ). When we got on board we were told there is a paper shortage at the plant and we were to use the app this week. :sad2: I did manage to get paper for a few days though and it really made my day! You would have thought they gave me gold! :teeth:

I do wish DCL would bring them back!

Has anyone tried to get one at guest services lately?
You can ask your room server if they can get you a crew copy of the navigator that they get that is on paper. We were able to get one from him on our cruise to Alaska back in May.

Otherwise as others have stated, you have to use the app.

Psy

Is the information formerly found on the Navigator available on the in-room TV? I'm thinking of my upcoming DCL cruise in December with my mother (78yo), who has a phone for emergencies but will absolutely not be using it on the cruise.....

Is the information formerly found on the Navigator available on the in-room TV? I'm thinking of my upcoming DCL cruise in December with my mother (78yo), who has a phone for emergencies but will absolutely not be using it on the cruise.....
If I remember right, yes you can see the information on the TV. I'm not 100% sure but I was pretty sure that we could see the day's events on it.

Psy

Reactions: KSL
You can also see a screen near the atrium/guest services area. I also travel with two individuals that are 79. I thought I’ve heard mention that they will loan out the device that has the electronic screen on it. And I would love to record my father going up and asking how to use it time after time and sending that to the corporate bigwigs.

If I remember right, yes you can see the information on the TV. I'm not 100% sure but I was pretty sure that we could see the day's events on it.

Psy
Yes, you can see it on the TV, which was helpful because the worst thing about the app is that you can only see two things at a time, and you have to endlessly scroll up and down to compare activities.

Psy
You can see it on the TV, in a similar format to the old paper navigator. However, on our Fantasy cruise a couple of weeks ago, we could only view the adult activities. They tried to fix it for us, but it never was resolved.

If $ is an issue for DCL, just charge for it. I'd gladly pay for it everyday.
Charge say $10 a day for it, that way a lot of ppl will skip it and most will continue using the app.
It can't be an environmental issue - paper is easily reciclable & the footprint is minimal compared with all the plastic that's wasted onboard.

I'm used to the app now and I use my phone all the time for a variety of things on and off the ship, but I still very much prefer the paper navigator - When the paper navigator was available I almost never used my phone. On the paper navigator days I even took a digital camera with me to take pics instead of the phone.
I miss those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter