Paper Navigator Status

From reports it sounds ship dependent...can't remember which ships have it though!

Fantasy had them last month- much more basic and at guest services or room attendant could provide on request.

Also adding that paper menus (or rather the old style menus) were automatically handed out at dinner too. I’ve seen some people saying they’re only available by request but on Fantasy at least it was back to the “old way”.

We were on the Fantasy for the November 26th sailing. We were able to get a basic paper navigator every day.
It was one piece of paper and a basic schedule was printed on each side for the days activity's, thats all we needed.

We asked our room steward if he was able to deliver one to us or did we have to go to guest services, he said he would take care of it and he did.
He was not able to get them till the morning on the day they were printed for, till after 8am, for us that was fine.
For those who do not know or never cruised with Disney, in the past they were placed in your room the night before for the following day.

This has been a topic that has been talked about and debated for a while since Disney tried to have everyone just use the App.
The App has never worked properly for us and we missed activity's on the ship because of this, for others they have said they had no problems.

For my wife and I we do not like carrying the phone around all day and just wanted to disconnect from our electronic leash.

From what I saw on the ship a lot of people were using them and were happy they were able to get them, especially people who were not electronic savvy.

There is another web site that tracks Disney cruises that my wife sent the entire week to. They posted them for people to look at. I would put a link to the site however I am not sure if I aloud to, however it is a well known Blog site.

This is a picture of one of the Navigators we received20221208_194839.jpg.

Fantasy had them last month- much more basic and at guest services or room attendant could provide on request.

Also adding that paper menus (or rather the old style menus) were automatically handed out at dinner too. I’ve seen some people saying they’re only available by request but on Fantasy at least it was back to the “old way”.
We just got off the Dream and our server handed menus out every night.

You can always post the link. If it’s a site that is not allowed to link to, the link will show up like this *******.com. Actually, the rule is to post the link and not circumvent the banned link by describing the website. ;-)

I think you were referring to https://disneycruiselineblog.com/
Thank you.
Yes that is the site. It has a spot where you can look up Navigators by ship and date.

On the Fantasy last week, was able to get one each day from guest services - make sure you look at it before walking away because one day both sides were printed with ship info and no activities side, and another day they gave me the previous day - both times they corrected as soon as I said something. Experience varied from a quick no problem and handing me the paper to a request for my stateroom number to a "I'll have to see if we have any" - all resulting in me getting a paper navigator. I'm fine with it being the plain print out, the bottom line is that it's too hard to scroll through the activities on the app that only show two or three entries at a time and my husband can't/won't download the app to his phone anyway. I compared use of the app to paper on several days and found I was missing things when I only looked at the app (although I appreciate how I can favorite things on the app and get notifications after I've looked at the paper to see what we want to do).

Screw the app...be on vacation. I just was on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago and had no problem getting a paper copy each day. Just ask at the main desk if you need. They were more than happy to give me one.
I'm with you on this one. I'm fed up with having to depend on my cell phone all the time. I'm even more fed up with people trying to navigate in crowds while they are on their phones. This past December on the Dream I had someone fly around a corner and walk right into me while playing with their phone. Their response? A dirty look and not even an "I'm sorry." :sad2:

I don't know the availability of them at the main desk from our sailing, but I was in concierge and asked at the concierge desk and they had a paper Navigator for me each day.

On our last cruise in Febuary (Fantasy) we happened to make friends with the Gentleman who used to run the media operations on the ship, the team that produced the Navigators. In his opinion, Disney will never go back to the paper production of the Navigator as we knew it. The printers were very expensive, production time was a challenge, took a Team of staff to run, was very time consuming overall etc. With the overall push to use the App, they phased out the paper process in parallel. And we had no problem getting one printed at Guest Services.

Our concierge stateroom attendant started his spiel with don't ask for a navigator on Disney Magic last December. It was odd that that was top of mind for him. We then never saw him again as he was a ninja and took care of our room while we were at breakfast or dinner, which is okay by us. :O)

I’m all for going paperless for the environment, but I wish they would have a tv screen in the lobby cycling through the app screens so that my tweens who do not have phones can see the schedule. Like the boards in the theme parks that show the ride wait times around the park for guests who don’t have the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter