PAP ordered online- question

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
I went on DVC member site and clicked link to order the discounted PAPs. I selected 5 adult PAPs and selected to have them shipped via FedEx to arrive by 1/3 (we go to WDW on 1/25). The rules I have to read and check that I agree to said that only the person listed on the pass can use the pass...well, they did not ask for names for the 5 passes (they had my info listed). I won't be getting 5 PAPs with my name on them will I? How will they know my kids' and DH's names? I guess they will just send vouchers that we'll have to go to the ticket counter and get the real passes with names on them. Correct?

You should have just selected the will call option, it would have been cheaper (Free). Once you arrive at WDW you have to go to a Guest Relations Location or a Theme Park Ticket Window where you will get your actual PAPs. You will need your DVC Membership Card and all persons that are 18 years of age or older will need a photo id showing the same address as the member. The PAPs will have the name of the passholder printed on them.

My DH bought me one for Christmas. It was sent to him but the actually exchange card that came does not have a name on it. So my guess is that you will take this exchange pass to Guest Services (the acceptable kiosks are printed on the card) with your DVC card & ID. I don't think it matter who bought them since he said he wasn't given the option to put me as the receiver of the card. The card has no identification written on it to who it belongs to. Let us know what happens when you go...

I was confused by this, too. Purchased PAP last week. We've purchased PAP the past two years online and were asked names/ages. This time we were not asked. We usually just do will call, but because we plan to not activate new PAPs until Oct, I said to mail it to me regular mail. It is suppose to arrive next week. So I guess I will see what shows up!

When you purchase online (or over the phone) and ask to have your purchase mailed to you, you will receive vouchers which do not have names assigned. You take the vouchers with you to WDW and exchange them for the "real" passes (at Guest Services or at the ticket windows, not at the resorts). Those are "person specific" and you will need to provide Identification for those over 18 to get their passes. There have been conflicting reports as to whether or not every adult must be present for the exchange of vouchers for passes.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

For anyone who has not purchased the PAP yet, if you purchase on-line, do not pay any of the extras for mailing or other shipment of the tickets but instead do will call. The only thing they send you is receipt with a number on it which you actually don't even need to pick up the tickets. You still have to get your actual tickets at guest services when you get there. If you buy on line and do will call and provide your email you will get a confirmation email that has a link that allows you to go on-line and download the same receipt for which they are otherwise charging you an exorbitant amount to mail or send via a delivery service.

As to being present at guest services to pick up actual tickets, for a new pass they usually do require all adults to be present and provide an ID. When you are just doing a renewal, only one of the adults needs to go to guest services to pick up the tickets.

For anyone who has not purchased the PAP yet, if you purchase on-line, do not pay any of the extras for mailing or other shipment of the tickets but instead do will call. The only thing they send you is receipt with a number on it which you actually don't even need to pick up the tickets. You still have to get your actual tickets at guest services when you get there. If you buy on line and do will call and provide your email you will get a confirmation email that has a link that allows you to go on-line and download the same receipt for which they are otherwise charging you an exorbitant amount to mail or send via a delivery service.

As to being present at guest services to pick up actual tickets, for a new pass they usually do require all adults to be present and provide an ID. When you are just doing a renewal, only one of the adults needs to go to guest services to pick up the tickets.

I just our mine today and it includes to green voucher cards you trade in at Disney. Cost is $5 to have it sent to your house. I wouldn't want it at will call for 8 months ,I might forget and order more:rotfl2:

I ordered mine today on the phone with member services. We are arriving at Disney early February so I told her I needed to purchase the passes but would not want to activate them until February. I had a hard time understanding the cast member on the phone and had to ask her to repeat herself several times. She has a very thick accent that was difficult for me to understand. She took an awfully long time after asking me how many I needed and then she was mumbling to herself as if having trouble with the computer, while I waited for her to ask for more information. She did not ask for the age of my kids and did not volunteer any information about the will call option or the mailing option until the transaction was completed. She then informed me it will take 5 weeks for the certificates to be mailed to me. I hope they come sooner than that or they may not make it to me in time for the trip.

I had to ask her to repeat the confirmation number several times as well as I could not tell if she was saying P, C, D or T. Then I realized the pattern from previous confirmation numbers and realized it was the first letters of my name. I am hoping I have it written correctly and that they make it in the mail in time for the trip. I assume if they don't get here in time I can use the confirmation number at guest relations to pick up the tickets. Can anyone confirm that for me?

I ordered mine today on the phone with member services. We are arriving at Disney early February so I told her I needed to purchase the passes but would not want to activate them until February. I had a hard time understanding the cast member on the phone and had to ask her to repeat herself several times. She has a very thick accent that was difficult for me to understand. She took an awfully long time after asking me how many I needed and then she was mumbling to herself as if having trouble with the computer, while I waited for her to ask for more information. She did not ask for the age of my kids and did not volunteer any information about the will call option or the mailing option until the transaction was completed. She then informed me it will take 5 weeks for the certificates to be mailed to me. I hope they come sooner than that or they may not make it to me in time for the trip.

I had to ask her to repeat the confirmation number several times as well as I could not tell if she was saying P, C, D or T. Then I realized the pattern from previous confirmation numbers and realized it was the first letters of my name. I am hoping I have it written correctly and that they make it in the mail in time for the trip. I assume if they don't get here in time I can use the confirmation number at guest relations to pick up the tickets. Can anyone confirm that for me?

Every time we have picked annual passes when arriving at WDW, both new ones and renewal (and we have been getting them for many years), the only thing we have ever needed was driver's license and DVC member card (if using that discount). They have you in the system and we have never needed the voucher or even the confirmation number.

Well, we got APs in 2011...we were staying off site for our DDs softball world series at WWoS. I made a special trip over to Pop Century (where they told me on the phone to go pick up our APs) and they had no idea, at Pop Century, how to print out my APs and they messed them up. When we went to the park that night for an ADR...and were in a hurry...we couldn't get in as our APs weren't right...we had to go to will call there and get it sorted out and she didn't know what to do either (to get us our DVC APs). We ended up with another mess, but were allowed in the park and had to go to another desk (and stand in another line) later to get it finally fixed appropriately. Uggghhh! So that's why I wanted something mailed to me and the $15 I paid to FedEx it 2 day isn't too bad. But I guess I will still have to go to will call but at least they will have the vouchers and should know what to do with them.

Is there a will call at the International gateway (back by Beach Club) at Epcot...that's where we are going our 1st night of our trip?

I did just that last night! And although I printed everything out after I bought them, I just went to the email confirmation to see what they have, and hey, there's that same thing I printed last night! So if I manage to forget that I printed the paper, as long as I keep that email (and I have practice in keeping such emails by buying tickets and APs through Disneyland.com) I can print it again if I feel I need it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter