Panicking! Chewing nails!

HowardTheDuck

If it ain't funk, I don't feel it!
Is anything being planned to replace the E.T. Adventure ride any time soon? Because I'm going to a Disneyland vacation in Cali this year instead of going to Florida for WDW and Universal, so it's gonna be another few years before I get to see my favorite alien botanist again!! And that's my favorite ride in the entire park! I mean, I love other things too like Beetlejuice and Harry Potter, but no matter how much I love those things will not be worth more than the love I've had since I was two years old for E.T., so if that closes down, I stop going to Universal all together. :'(

I know it probably seems stupid. But like some people are into Star Wars, that's like me with E.T.. I'm 20 and I still have the life-sized talking E.T. doll that was like, the last one ever sold at Universal when we bought him, that I got when I was 9 years old, which means I've had E.T. for 11 years. And that ride was the first ride I got to ride with him.

the darkside hasn't listed anything about replacing ET at this point.

there will always be rumors about ride closings.

don't worry.

spielberg loved doing ET / movie and loved having a big part in the ride ET.
it doesn't make sense to me that the darkside would change that ride since they have a good working relationship with spielberg.

i did hear that the fifel play area would be revamped.
that is next to ET.

but then, that is just another rumor flying around.

nothing wrong with your attachment to the ride.
others have great love for specific rides/shows and are devasted if their favorite closes.

i'm still pissed that ghostbusters closed up..........
but it doesn't stop me from going to the darkside regularly.

Is anything being planned to replace the E.T. Adventure ride any time soon? Because I'm going to a Disneyland vacation in Cali this year instead of going to Florida for WDW and Universal, so it's gonna be another few years before I get to see my favorite alien botanist again!! And that's my favorite ride in the entire park! I mean, I love other things too like Beetlejuice and Harry Potter, but no matter how much I love those things will not be worth more than the love I've had since I was two years old for E.T., so if that closes down, I stop going to Universal all together. :'(
The rumor was posted that ET was going to be replaced with The Smurfs but that rumor has gone away for the most part. The main rumor now is the ride will get a major overhaul and upgrade which is well overdue. Don't panic...I don't see anything bad happening to ET.

Having two of the most knowledgeable folks in the Universal group speak so confidently that ET is safe from the Smurf invasion gives me a great sense of relief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter