Panicking About Crowds

eeyoreland

DIS Veteran
Based on everything I'm reading here, I'm starting to panick a little bit about the crowds, even though I know there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. By the way, we'll be there 2/8 - 2/14. What I'm wondering is, if we find the crowds to be too much in the parks, what other activities (Disney, or YIKES, non-Disney) can you recommend? I guess other than using the pool, because I came up with that one on my own!

well come on you are leaving the frozen tundra to be at wdw just enjoy the nice warm weather
we came back sasturday from our trip and boy does this weather suck

you can go play mini golf rent a boat rent a bike resort hop go horse back riding just lounge around dtd maybe do typhoon lagoon instead of the pool catch a movie

just about anything you could think of you can do heck if you rent a car you can go to the space center or coco beach

Just back from our Jan 2 week trip, Sea World and riding the Manta roller coaster was one of the highlights of my trip.
After souveniers and admission it was a $400 dollar day; but a fun day with smaller crowds imho.

Downtown Disney and Boardwalk during the day are not very crowded. You could do a monorail loop and check out all the monorail resorts. Have a snack, walk around the resort, etc. (This is more fun than it sounds, by the way...)
But I don't think you'll have huge,ugly crowds during that week. Around here, Feb. vacation is the week after you go home.
The best strategy for avoiding crowds is to hit the parks first thing in the morning while everyone else sleeps in!

Park attendance in Feb (not counting president's weekend) is nothing compared to the crowds in the summer. You'll be fine. We have never had problems with our Feb. trips

Disney at its most crowded is still better than almost anywhere else. Some other activities that we've done are the monorail resort tour, rented a bike on the boardwalk, mini golfing, and shopping at Downtown Disney. I really don't think the crowds will be all that bad when you are going though.

It will be crowded but not unmanageable.
I would suggest using touringplans.com plan.....better yet ....go out and buy the Unofficial guide and tear out the touring plan and take it with you....and follow it!!!!
Crowd Calendar for the week u r going.......

Mon, 08 Feb '10 7 MK AK
Tue, 09 Feb '10 4 DS AK EP
Wed, 10 Feb '10 7 EP AK
Thu, 11 Feb '10 8 AK MK EP DS
Fri, 12 Feb '10 7 MK DS EP
Sat, 13 Feb '10 8 EP DS
Sun, 14 Feb '10 8 EP MK DS AK VALENTINE'S DAY

Level Magic Kingdom
1 14 mins. or less
2 15 - 24 mins.
3 25 - 34 mins.
4 35 - 44 mins.
5 45 - 54 mins.
6 55 - 64 mins.
7 65 - 74 mins.
8 75 - 84 mins.
9 85 - 94 mins.
10 95 mins. or more

Thanks for the encouraging news about the crowd levels and for the suggestions. I'm just kind of nervous about the trip because all the other times we've been to Disney, the crowds have been very low. And to my fellow Wisconsinite - yes, I know the weather will be WAY better than it is here and that's what I keep telling myself. Green grass, palm trees, sunshine. Okay, we had sunshine today, but with awful windchill factors.

It will be crowded but not unmanageable.
I would suggest using touringplans.com plan.....better yet ....go out and buy the Unofficial guide and tear out the touring plan and take it with you....and follow it!!!!
Crowd Calendar for the week u r going.......

Mon, 08 Feb '10 7 MK AK
Tue, 09 Feb '10 4 DS AK EP
Wed, 10 Feb '10 7 EP AK
Thu, 11 Feb '10 8 AK MK EP DS
Fri, 12 Feb '10 7 MK DS EP
Sat, 13 Feb '10 8 EP DS
Sun, 14 Feb '10 8 EP MK DS AK VALENTINE'S DAY

Level Magic Kingdom
1 14 mins. or less
2 15 - 24 mins.
3 25 - 34 mins.
4 35 - 44 mins.
5 45 - 54 mins.
6 55 - 64 mins.
7 65 - 74 mins.
8 75 - 84 mins.
9 85 - 94 mins.
10 95 mins. or more

OF course Touring Guides is not very accurate in this category. I've heard Tour Guide Mike's is more accurate and breaks it down more but I haven't used that. I very seriously doubt your first four days are going to be 7's or 8's anywhere. You might find longer lines mid-day, but the only place your going to have 7 or 8 waiting times is TSM and possibly Soarin', Test Track, and Everest.

of course touring guides is not very accurate in this category. I've heard tour guide mike's is more accurate and breaks it down more but i haven't used that. I very seriously doubt your first four days are going to be 7's or 8's anywhere. You might find longer lines mid-day, but the only place your going to have 7 or 8 waiting times is tsm and possibly soarin', test track, and everest.

ita!

We'll be there from the 6th to the 13th and I am concerned about the crowds towards president's day weekend. But again it is Feb. so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm just planning on going early in the morning and then leaving the parks in the afternoon and returning in the evening. I think the crowds are lighter in the a.m. and right before closing. You can also get the FASTPASS for many attractions if it seems crowded. Otherwise, just go with the flow, it's still DISNEY! :wizard:

Thanks for the encouraging news about the crowd levels and for the suggestions. I'm just kind of nervous about the trip because all the other times we've been to Disney, the crowds have been very low. And to my fellow Wisconsinite - yes, I know the weather will be WAY better than it is here and that's what I keep telling myself. Green grass, palm trees, sunshine. Okay, we had sunshine today, but with awful windchill factors.
well the grass wasnt very green when i was there but it was a lot warmer then home if you have extra room i will gladyl stowe away for some more time at disney
and yes that -25 windchill sucks big time

Hi from Milwaukee!! We are leaving on Feb. 4th. Right now, it is negative 15 with the wind chill. I can't wait to escape from this!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter