Panicking a bit - need AKL info...

Kitka

Mouseketeer
So I posted that we just got a room booked for 3 weeks from now at AKL, and now I have questions for those that have stayed there...

I have a savannah view room, any recommendations for a building/room request? What is this I'm reading about the "people pen"?

And I'm reading in reviews that the AKL rooms don't offer coffee machines or fridges? I'd be upset by that since my moderate room was going to offer that!

Also, do standard savannah rooms have the 2 queen or 1 queen/1 bunkbed option? Or is that only deluxe rooms?

No suggestions on a room to request, but think just about any Sav. view is ok. We were not on the big sav. when we stayed there, but we loved the view and saw many animals. I saw the people pen and thought it was really no big deal. Just a fenced area to be used in case of fire to evac. people into. It's style blended with the surroundings so I would not have been upset by it. The all rooms have coffee maker and fridge. When we stayed we could get 2 q or 1 q bunk but I am not sure if they change that since 04.

Last May we stayed in a Deluxe Savanah room and it definitely had a coffee maker and fridge. I'm not sure about the standard rooms.....someone else I am sure will respond to this. I would also recommend the Zebra Trail side of the resort as it is closer to the pools and restaurants. No matter where you are I think you will love this resort!!!!!

I prefer the Zebra trail as well. My favorite savannah (though some say you can go there anytime and branch out elsewhere) is the Arusha Rock view. :teeth:

We stayed at AKL Savannah Room on the Kudu Trail (I think it was above the People pen... now I know what that was) not a big deal blends right in but we were a 10 minute walk to pool and Mara Counter Service. We saw lots of animals but probably would have seen more with a "Interior" view. I was told that every room includes a coffee maker and we made a special request for a frig and bunk beds at no extra cost. We loved AKL and we will be back but will request an interior view on the Zebra Trail to be closer to pool and services. The place even Smells like vacation, enjoy!

First off don't panic :sunny: We to have had the pleasure of a people pen view once and it was not a big deal. As other posters have said it blended in and we didn't really notice it unless you looked down. We always request 4th floor with a Zebra trail room and leave the rest up to the CM's and have never gone wrong in four stays. The only reason we request the Zebra trail is the proximity to the pool and restruants other than that the other trail is very nice.

we were there last month...... and we stayed in the standard room with the sav. view..... we had 1 queen bed and bunks..... coffee maker and small fridge.... i loved it!!! here are some pics...we stayed in room 4419
Disneyday1036.jpg
[/IMG]
Disneyday1035.jpg
[/IMG] http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/vprez/P1020874.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
f1aa346a.jpg
[/IMG] so dont worry everything will be great!!! do you have kids going?? my dd 9 had a great time earning her beads at the classes for the kids..... they have 5 classes every day where the kids play african instruments or we did a scavenger hunt or they told a story after every session they earn a bead and they put them on a string for them..... its pretty cool.... vicki

We had a coffee maker and fridge in our savanah room. We were on the zebra trail, Uzima savannah. Loved it!

Nik's Mom said:
We had a coffee maker and fridge in our savanah room. We were on the zebra trail, Uzima savannah. Loved it!

Ditto fo us, had the people pen below us, no big deal. Going again next week, asking for arusha view this time, only because we had Uzima last time.

Have fun
RayJay

Yes, I have 2 kids, ages 4 and 9. I'd love to get one of the bunk bed rooms!

Hi Kitka--all AKL rooms come with complimentary frig and coffeemaker. While bunkbeds are NOT guaranteed, make sure you have requested those on your ressie and then again at check-in.

All savannah views will have something special (like Sunset Savannah has the most animals on it, or you should see a lot of giraffes if you're by the "people pen" as they like to scratch their heads on the fences), so there really isn't a bad savannah room--really!

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter