• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Panic over Coronado stay!

We just returned home a few hours ago from our first stay at CSR (9 nights).
I haven't done a trip report yet.. but I can tell you we all really enjoyed our stay. Can I guarantee you will like it? Obviously not.. everyone has differing opinions and expectations from their resort. But I can tell you that our family loved the Pepper Market.. the landscaping, the buses, the pools. We had absolutely no complaint with anything. The front desk staff were friendly and efficent. We had one mess up with our key to the world cards that was fixed promptly.
We would stay there again in a heartbeat and we miss it already.:guilty:
The best you can do is give it a try and form your own opinion.
I hope you love it like we did:goodvibes

I can't wait to read your report.

We stayed here last week for our first trip together and Loved It. There were conventions while we were there, but really we never knew it except that some folks had on name tags and were clearly not cast members.

We stayed at Coronado Springs from Aug. 23 to Aug. 31 and had a great time. The pool and slide were so much fun, and the grounds are beautiful. We enjoyed the food at Pepper Market. The bus transportation was outstanding. Once we waited 20 minutes, but every other wait was shorter. All the CMs were really nice. I think you'll have a lovely time.:goodvibes

stayed at CSR 2 yrs ago which was our first time. We loved it. It is now our favorite moderate.

There is no comparison to the AS and CSR...You will be awed. Theming, foilage, pools are far superior to any of the values..

Everyone has their own views of what's great about a resort. We love CSR and are planning our third visit in June. We stayed at the Poly in July and whiile it was a nice resort, we probably won't return and many people absolutely LOVE the Poly. So I say go and try it and enjoy your vacation. You be the judge...:goodvibes

I've stayed at CSR two times and really enjoyed it. I've been there as a conventioneer and vacation. We have always had great service and will definitely return in the future. As OP have stated everyone will have a good & bad review on all the resorts.

Just go and give it a try but most of all...Have an AWESOME magical gathering!!:wizard:

CSR is my favorite mod resort and I have never had a bad experience there. My grandparents loved the stay we had there over a year ago. We have dined in both rest. (and had no complaints about the food), used snack option to purchase milk, cookies and juice in gift shop, swam in the pools, used the buses, slept in the hammocks, used the spa services, had a hair cut and washed our clothes there. My only complaint is that the dryer took an additional few quarters to properly dry our clothes. All of my vaca's there have been this exact same way and I love each and every moment there. Have faith, calm down and enjoy the wonderful time coming up. Make up your own mind once you get there and realize that you can't make everyone happy (many people complain about every resort there - my mom complained 4 years ago about staying at the Boardwalk as she thought all the people were snooty). Relax and go with the flo.

You've already decided, but I think you made a wise decision to stay put. The thing to remember is that no matter the resort, there are always going to be good stays and bad stays. Unfortunately, the majority of people don't go bragging about the good things and only spread the bad things. For this reason, I've stopped taking any resort review into consideration. I'll read them, but I rarely say I won't stay at X because there were several bad reviews. This is also why I don't read tripadvisor. Just go with the idea in your head that you are at Disney to have a great time. Don't sweat the small stuff, and if there's any big stuff, address with with the hotel staff asap.

GL. I've heard great things about CSR. Haven't stayed there, but it's on my tenetive list for 2010.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised in a good way. CSR is a beautiful sprawling resort. We have stayed there a few times and only had one bad experience. They placed us in a room by one of the convention center banquet hall and we had loud noise from the smokers. This was our first night so the next day I called CS and got a different room that was wonderful.
The rest of our stay was flawless.
Don't panic if something goes wrong with your stay call CS they will work with you.

Coronado is our favorite mod (although we haven't stayed at POR). Because it is a convention resort I think they have to provide a higher standard of service and better quality food. You'll have a great time wherever you are. Remember that YOU are the ones that make the magic! If you spend the whole time looking for special treatment, a freebie, or extra attention, it won't matter what you get because you'll have been expecting more. It your outlook is how great this is, how much fun you are having, looking around every corner for another experience, you'll have a blast- even if you are staying at Motel 6!! We loved the pool, the room, the decor, the pepper market, the lobby- everything at Coronado, and now they have queen beds instead of doubles!! How much better can it get?

PS- Our LEAST favorite disney resorts have been CBR and OKW. Why? Because the theming is too "Florida" for us. It feels like we are staying at any of the dozens of offiste Florida hotels and villas that we stay at when we are taking money-saving trips!

We have decided to give CSR a try for our upcoming Janaury trip. The reviews I read originally were very negative, so I crossed it off our list, but the more I looked at the websites, including all of Buzz2001's pictures the more I realized that it would be a great choice for us. I love the southwest theming, the idea of fresh mex food and the pool looks amazing. We have spent a lot of time vacationing in Mexico and South America, plus I grew up in NM (which I miss) so I think we will feel at home. I like the idea of staying at a deluxe but don't love the pricing, so CSR is a good compoimise. Since you are traveling with a group, I understand how you feel responsible for making sure everyone is happy, and CSR is probably the best middle of the road choice. From what I've read on these boards, many folks that have been dissatisfied have been assigned either the Rancho's or they don't like mex food or didn't like the theming? I think you have made a great choice, but if your party doesn't like SW decor or mex food, then maybe you should think about switching. Of course, you could all get new queen beds - which I'm sure your party will appreciate. Have a great trip!

Just one person's opinion, but my family will NEVER stay at CSR again.

We read all of the mostly positive reviews on these boards before we went in August.
We could not have been more disappointed.
The rooms were small and had windows and doors to the outside.
The resort was HUGE and unmanageble.
The main pool was over a 1/2 mile away.
The busses were hit-or-miss.
The food is less than average.

CSR is a somewhat fancy Motel with some nice views that photograph well.... not much else.
My kids 22 and 12 hated it, and my wife doesn't let me forget how I "duped" her into doing a split stay.
We did a split stay with the WL and regretted leaving, Big-Time.

I understand that you may try CSR and form you own opinion.

But if I knew then, what I know now, I would change my ressie and stay at any another resort.

I just wish someone had warned me about CSR, before I wasted my money.

OP---In this person's opinion who had been there: Your Panic is justified.

Thank you for your thoughts, as always. By the way, visited your fav resort --WL -- while we were there two weeks ago. Rude CM's everywhere we went and worse meal of the trip (DH got sick). We would never stay there. But then that is what is so great about Disney--so many choices for so many different opinions.

Is this a thread about WL??? I'm confused.
I was commenting freely and honestly about my experience at CSR to help the OP with their question/decision.

Is this a thread about WL??? I'm confused.
I was commenting freely and honestly about my experience at CSR to help the OP with their question/decision.

No, my mistake. I posted on the WL thread where it should have gone.

We weren't that excited about CSR....partly because it is so large, but I guess all of the mods are large, except for POFQ, the smallest of the resorts. We did not like Pepper Market. Just didn't particularly care for the taste of the food. I didn't think the bus service was any worse or any better than other resorts. The cm's we encountered at CSR were fine, had no problems there. I do think it is a very pretty resort, but as stated, we just couldn't get excited over it. When we go to Disney, we want to stay at a resort that we do feel excited about. However, I've read from the posts that many people love CSR. I think it depends on what you are looking for in a resort; theming, location, food options, etc. And you can read good and bad reviews about ANY of the Disney Resorts. This is only my opinion, for what's its worth. If you already have your reservations made, I wouldn't change them. Where ever you stay, you will have a great time, you're at WDW!!

Thank you for your thoughts, as always. By the way, visited your fav resort --WL -- while we were there two weeks ago. Rude CM's everywhere we went and worse meal of the trip (DH got sick). We would never stay there. But then that is what is so great about Disney--so many choices for so many different opinions.

That's a very gracious response - I, on the other hand, would not have been as nice. ;)

I get accused of "bashing" on here, but I have stayed at CSR four times.

I admit that I find the front desk staff very frustrating, but once you get past that it is a nice resort and I have never had a "horrid" stay. I bet you will be fine.

If you read hotel reveiws, Disney gets trashed A LOT. Part of that is that there are a lot of travelers (like me) who try to compare Disney to the industry standard. CSR gets hit REALLY hard here because it's a convention hotel and probably not as nice as most convention hotels I go to. (Exterior corridors, double beds etc....most conventions are held more at places like the Dolphin or Gayord Palms so that's what convention goers tend to expect.)

As I say always remember with Disney you are paying a premium for location and theme.

People just complain about everything lately. THe worst time to say at CSR is during a convention. My honest opinion, call to see if there is a convention going on during the time of your stay-if so, change to another resort, if not-keep it. The resort is beautiful.;)

I agree totally. It is a beautiful resort but I would not stay there again for the convention aspect of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter