Panic mode

T
But on MDE, under Chef Mickey's it says "$30 to $59.99 per adult" - that's a biiiigggg variance, what determines whether the adult meal is $30 or $59.99, and suddenly the all ears price of $33.01 is looking much better :/

Every restaurant on MDE is given a rating of 1-4 dollar signs just to give you an idea of costs:

$ - $14.99 and under
$$ - $15 to $29.99
$$$ - $30-$59.99
$$$$ - over $60

It doesn't mean that Chef Mickey's could cost anywhere from $30 to $59.99; it just means that the price falls in the range.

Every restaurant on MDE is given a rating of 1-4 dollar signs just to give you an idea of costs:

$ - $14.99 and under
$$ - $15 to $29.99
$$$ - $30-$59.99
$$$$ - over $60

It doesn't mean that Chef Mickey's could cost anywhere from $30 to $59.99; it just means that the price falls in the range.

Whew! Thank you so much for explaining!! I just assumed it meant depending on whether it was breakfast, or lunch, or what mood the cashier was in could determine the price - that is definitely a relief!

Hi! Chef Mickey's= $37.27adult and $19.16 child. I took this info from Rusty's buffet pricing sticky over on the restaurant threads. I may be off a few cents cause I'm at the gym and testing my short term memory!! Have a great trip.

I didn't look back to see your dates, but the popular meals have seasonal pricing. Usually that is noted on allears.net. So you may pay $22 in the lowest season, but $28 at Christmas (or whatever. I'm just making up numbers). The point is that the price you see on allears will not be off by more than a few dollars, meaning for each person in your party at a buffet your tip may sway $1 or so from the online price.

I agree that what you're seeing on MDE is a range.

People always say to use taxis for morning breakfasts. We never have, we are way too cheap. Especially for someplace like Contemporary. It's super easy to get a bus to magic Kingdom and then walk the short way to Contemporary. Sometimes when you are getting on the early morning MK bus, if you ask the bus driver if this is the right bus because you have a breakfast at Chef Mickey, they will even drop you off right there at Contemporary.

People always say to use taxis for morning breakfasts. We never have, we are way too cheap. Especially for someplace like Contemporary. It's super easy to get a bus to magic Kingdom and then walk the short way to Contemporary. Sometimes when you are getting on the early morning MK bus, if you ask the bus driver if this is the right bus because you have a breakfast at Chef Mickey, they will even drop you off right there at Contemporary.
Thanks you -
Do the busses run that early? Our reservation is at 7:10

We were a party of 7 on our trip last week and the one time we needed a taxi, I requested a minivan taxi from bell services and it was no problem.

Also, back to the funny tasting water, the water at the counter service places is filtered (it is used for the soda as well) but the drinking fountains are not.

Thanks you -
Do the busses run that early? Our reservation is at 7:10

Ask on the transportation sub board here on the dis. They are awesome with advice for getting around. I know the buses start by 6:30 at least. It might be earlier. Never ask at your resort counter thought those CMs never know much about transportation.

I've always taken busses because I am frugal also.. and never had any issues getting around that early. Just be ready for that first bus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter