Panic! Disney tomorrow!

MamaLaLa

Earning My Ears
Just found out today that I'm leaving tomorrow for Disney to celebrate our 15th anniversary! Yikes! It will be just me and my husband and we've never been! Ack, panic panic. With such little prep/planning time, What are the most important things for us to know at this point? We are staying offsite, renting a car, Magic Kingdom for MVMCP tomorrow and Epcot Saturday. Sunday we plan on visiting the resorts, springs, and other local sites.

Don't panic, just go and enjoy. MVMCP will get you on most of the rides at MK without lines, I'd suggest you eat something before you go and remember you can get in the park at 4. For Epcot I'd go ahead and make FP for Soarin if you want to ride it, most other rides you can do standby except Frozen, FP it instead of Soarin if you really want to ride it. You can book ADRs for Sat. night at Epcot on Saturday morning when you are in a standby line or do my favorite thing and go to guest services and ask them to find you something. You might have some issues parking at some of the resorts unless you valet. I'd valet at one of the monorail resorts, hop on the monorail and visit them.

Just found out today that I'm leaving tomorrow for Disney to celebrate our 15th anniversary! Yikes! It will be just me and my husband and we've never been! Ack, panic panic. With such little prep/planning time, What are the most important things for us to know at this point? We are staying offsite, renting a car, Magic Kingdom for MVMCP tomorrow and Epcot Saturday. Sunday we plan on visiting the resorts, springs, and other local sites.
:welcome: To The Disboards! I see this was your first post! Let us know about all the fun you have on your trip! ENJOY! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Thanks. Yes. I've lurked before and always wanted to go. But I figured I would start posting once I started planning

What do you think the chances are of us being able to get into a good restaurant on Friday night without reservations

That's a great surprise! Don't panic, just plan to enjoy whatever you get to do! MK is awesome decorated for Christmas, especially the castle! You will also get to see it snow on Main St. during the party. You can check out the first page of the 2016 MVMCP thread for party info. while you are traveling to get a heads up on what will go on there. Be aware that Sat. at Epcot, especially in World Showcase, will probably be very busy with last weekend of F&W - you can always wander out through the International Gateway later and check out Beach Club and see if the chocolate carousel is being built, or go check out the boardwalk area for a break. Definitely check out Grand Floridian to see the giant gingerbread house, which is almost complete. As PP mentioned, you can park at TTC at MK, and hop the monorail to those three resorts, and then take the boat to Wilderness Lodge, which is beautiful.

*Realized PP said to valet at monorail resort and hop from there - either will work!

Last edited:
That sounds great! I wasn't aware there would be a crowd. I thought this was supposed to be one of those green weeks

What do you think the chances are of us being able to get into a good restaurant on Friday night without reservations

You probably actually do not want to have a sit down meal during the party, to give you more time to do rides and get a spot to see the parade and fireworks since it is your only night there. Not sure what time you will get to the area, but if you will be there in the afternoon, you could try to get a late lunch at one if the close resorts, and then grab counter service later in the park. Let us know what timing you have, and we can recommend something!

That sounds great! I wasn't aware there would be a crowd. I thought this was supposed to be one of those green weeks

Unfortunately this weekend falls during Jersey Week(we have a teachers convention where all kids are off Thur. and Fri., and some schools have off for election day, so many families go to WDW), Veterans Day Weekend, and last weekend of F&W festival( and many locals cone on weekends for this), so it ends up busier, so just wanted to give you a heads up!

If you haven't already, get the My Disney Experience app set up on your phone, so you can check wait times for rides to see where might be a good one to head to or avoid, see maps of where rides and food are located, and you can check what restaurants are available under dining to reserve. You can also link your ticket # once you have them, and can then make FPs.

You probably actually do not want to have a sit down meal during the party, to give you more time to do rides and get a spot to see the parade and fireworks since it is your only night there. Not sure what time you will get to the area, but if you will be there in the afternoon, you could try to get a late lunch at one if the close resorts, and then grab counter service later in the park. Let us know what timing you have, and we can recommend something!
I get in at 2-ish and was planning on dropping our bags at the rooms then heading over to MK for the party at 4. We only have party tickets for Friday night, so we have to wait until 4 to get in.

I get in at 2-ish and was planning on dropping our bags at the rooms then heading over to MK for the party at 4. We only have party tickets for Friday night, so we have to wait until 4 to get in.

Ok sounds good - I would just plan on grabbing some quick service food and then get some snacks later. Sit down meals will take an hr plus often a wait, so you don't want to take all that time away from your 1 night in MK! For quick service, Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square is good, and they have an upstairs to sit which can be quieter. Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland is also good, you can share things like half a chicken and mashed potatoes - you can check out menus on your app.

Sleepy Hollow near the castle has yummy snacks, which you can grab while waiting for parade or fireworks. There will also be many special snacks only for the party, which you will see on the special map you will get there. You can choose what works based on where you are when you are hungry! I would just do meal earlier in the evening as some places will close later during the party(check map for times).

Make sure you stake out a spot for the parade and fireworks at least a 1/2 hr. before - times and parade route also on the map. There will be different characters to meet if you are into that, but lines can get long, so if there are any that are special to you, plan to line up as soon as they open(most are at 7). Otherwise just do some rides and eat before parade/fireworks - there will be less people once party officially starts at 7 and day crowds have to leave, so later in the evening should be better.

Be prepared I heard from someone that is there right now that it is crazy crowded since it is Jersey week and a holiday weekend. She has FB's and has had an unusually long wait time in line even with FB's. Soarin was a 34 minutes wait in the FB line. and 110 for the regualar line.

:welcome: and congratulations on your 15th!

I know you are celebrating but consider getting up early, be at the parks before rope drop and heading for your #1 must do ride. You will find you can get a lot done in the first few hours before the crowds build around 10:30 - 11am. Then take a break and relax in the afternoon and return for the evening.

Wishing you a magical trip!

You all were totally right. Epcot was baaaaaad. It was great early, but once the crowds hit midmorning it was awful. We did enjoy people watching for Dapper Day. And we got to try some amazing foods. Overall Epcot was not as fun as Magic Kingdom. We felt like they treat you like criminals. First we had to go through the X-ray screening on the way in. Then the shop made us use a clear bag because she said they had to see what was in our bag (no one else there had clear?), then at another shop I had to resign the receipt twice because my signature didn't match perfectly the first time? So it was an overall eh day. But mk was totally amazing above and beyond. Today it's Springs and resorts. We are hoping to go to the springs and ride the shuttles to view the resorts. Are the shuttles free?

Please don't feel like you were singled out for the xray. We were there a few weeks ago for 2 week and went in and out of the parks more then 10 times. I always go through bag check and my DH goes through where you do not have bags. More often then not - he has to go through the xray and they always get him for his belt and cell phone holder - and he had to take them off. What shop were you in for the clear bags - I have never heard of that.

Please don't feel like you were singled out for the xray. We were there a few weeks ago for 2 week and went in and out of the parks more then 10 times. I always go through bag check and my DH goes through where you do not have bags. More often then not - he has to go through the xray and they always get him for his belt and cell phone holder - and he had to take them off. What shop were you in for the clear bags - I have never heard of that.
The French shop. And they didn't do that to anyone else. Just us.

Hmmmm, surprised - although we have not purchased anything in France - just their ice cream and pastries.

So sorry this happened to you but hope the rest of your anniversary trip was amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter