• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Panera Opening Date

It's between McDonald's and Fairfield Inn and Suites. We took the monorail Saturday & passed by it. I agree that it's nowhere near finished.

On Tuesday when I was walking by they were carrying in pallets of boxes. Could have been cups or canned food. Should be soon.

Ooh, where exactly is this? Is it walking distance from PVI or DI&S? We won't be going til April so plenty of time for it to open :)

Yes, further north on Harbor from those two hotels. Toward the 5 and the Howard Johnson's.

We stayed at the Quality Inn on Manchester and walked by the Panera every day. I'll be happy when it's open for our next visit because I'm a total iced tea addict and it's hard to find good tea in DLR!

OK so I am a slacker. I was finally able to drive by the Panera yesterday.

From what I could see the interior looks close to done, though there was a ladder in the middle of the dining area. There are "opening soon" signs everywhere and a "now hiring" sign as well. I would say it is less than a month from opening. Maybe just after the new year?

Although I'm sad about Millie's (for vegetarians they were FAR better than the "no, we have nothing, not a grilled cheese or even a veggie burger" Mimi's), Panera will be OK.

We were there last week and it's still not open. When we were going past, it looked like some construction was still happening in the interior of the building.

This place will be super busy, I'm betting. It'll make McDonald's for breakfast a lot easier to do. I'd love to get some good bagels or sticky buns from there, though. We always bring the cheap donuts in a bag and breakfast bars. This would be a welcome change for a few breakfasts during a trip.

And I wonder if this will affect Earl of Sandwich business. Maybe the lines over at EoS won't be as long????

This place will be super busy, I'm betting. It'll make McDonald's for breakfast a lot easier to do. I'd love to get some good bagels or sticky buns from there, though. We always bring the cheap donuts in a bag and breakfast bars. This would be a welcome change for a few breakfasts during a trip.

And I wonder if this will affect Earl of Sandwich business. Maybe the lines over at EoS won't be as long????

Lol about Mcydees.
I don't believe the new Panera will affect Earl because Paneras menu is seasonal. And Earls has a set menu with seasonal offerings that I recall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter