Pandora to open next summer

I happened to be by AK also and 1 crane is now gone and the foliage around the edge of the land, especially by tiffins is getting built up. There is also something that I assume someone who knows avatar would know what it's called that you can see them putting finishing touches on.

It's really starting to come together.

I happened to be by AK also and 1 crane is now gone and the foliage around the edge of the land, especially by tiffins is getting built up. There is also something that I assume someone who knows avatar would know what it's called that you can see them putting finishing touches on.

It's really starting to come together.
It's been down to one crane for a while now.

So, I said months ago after seeing Shanghai DL Pirates that if Pandora's boat ride was anything less than that attraction, then it would be a HUGE mistake. This is incredible news! I think Pandora is going to blow us away, since many aren't that excited, expectations are ho-hum. This land and it's attractions could end up being Disney's best to date. Let's hope so!

Is the Shanghai Pirates a very long ride? It would suck if the Pandora ride is very short.

1) Certainly going to be MAJOR-HUGE-TERRIBLE embarrassment if it doesn't open on time.
2) Disney has gotten an ugly reputation for missing dates.
3) Let's hope it doesn't have "technical issues" like Rivers of Light.

Wonder what 'summer' means? I am guessing that first week of June is not likely. I hope they announce the date early enough for people to FP plan.

Oh yeah, we also lived in Shanghai, China for 7 years only to move back to US not long before SH Disney opened. Bummer

Wonder what 'summer' means? I am guessing that first week of June is not likely. I hope they announce the date early enough for people to FP plan.

Oh yeah, we also lived in Shanghai, China for 7 years only to move back to US not long before SH Disney opened. Bummer
Summer can mean anything from end of May to early September. However right it's looking like the early part of summer, so May/June.

Summer can mean anything from end of May to early September. However right it's looking like the early part of summer, so May/June.
well, that gives me hope! It might totally mess up our current plan though as currently we only do a half day at AK and with new land might warrant a full day.
I wonder if they are going to Tier the FP when it opens....? I hope Not but I bet they will.

Why do people think they'll tier the FP here? It actually makes sense not to. Some people will choose these two rides and one other, others will choose 3 of the rides/shows they currently already have. I figure by not tiering, more people will choose these rides and all of a sudden, things like Nemo, Lion King, Safari, and Everest with more FPs available.

Why do people think they'll tier the FP here? It actually makes sense not to. Some people will choose these two rides and one other, others will choose 3 of the rides/shows they currently already have. I figure by not tiering, more people will choose these rides and all of a sudden, things like Nemo, Lion King, Safari, and Everest with more FPs available.
People think they will tier because the two new avatar attractions would be tier 1 attractions meaning people would have to choose between one or the other.

We are going to WDW at the beginning of April. What is the chance there will be a soft opening for Pandora?

I would say near zero. If they are truly opening "Summer 2017" that at best is Memorial Day weekend, and so even if they have some soft openings, it wouldn't be for more than a week or two before. If you said you were going late May I would say maybe, April I think it's extremely unlikely.

I would say slim to none and leaning more toward none. Last April I was excited for River of light.... I think Disney really meant April of 2017

I have a feeling with how ROL went over, there will be a lot of cast member previews and if lucky a formal soft will be AP/DVC. I think disney got a swift kick in the butt between rol and jungle book that it better be spectacular. I think to a degree you can add in jingle bam to that also, I never see anyone talk about it after it opened and everyone said it was a once and done.

I have a feeling with how ROL went over, there will be a lot of cast member previews and if lucky a formal soft will be AP/DVC. I think disney got a swift kick in the butt between rol and jungle book that it better be spectacular. I think to a degree you can add in jingle bam to that also, I never see anyone talk about it after it opened and everyone said it was a once and done.

The reality is that park continues to struggle due to significant original design flaws and then no commitment by management to complete the project. It's been one misstep after another from the drawing board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter