• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pandora FP opening date: March 24th!

Princess Sparkle

Mouseketeer
I will need to book my FP in April for our June trip but I am wondering what is the best way to keep track of when avatar FP's will open so I can modify my FP's.
I am having a strong feeling I will miss out on this one just because of timing

At the top of this forum, tap or click your screenname and select Alert Preferences.

Select Alerts when someone replies to your threads, watched threads, and watched forums.

Then from the top of the FP Subforum page, Select "Watch Forum." You'll receive Alerts for this forum. Also watch the main TPAS forum.

If Pandora FPs haven't opened by your FP booking date, you'll need to keep checking your Alerts and this board.

I'm confused. How will this affect us. We are staying on site in may and will be going to animal kingdom on may 25th. Our fast pass window opens Sunday. Will we be able to make a fp for our day there on Sunday with the others or is this a separate one that needs to made on site. So confused!

I'm confused. How will this affect us. We are staying on site in may and will be going to animal kingdom on may 25th. Our fast pass window opens Sunday. Will we be able to make a fp for our day there on Sunday with the others or is this a separate one that needs to made on site. So confused!

You'll make your fast passes like usual. If you want Pandora passes then just select one of them

Pandora doesn't open until May 27th. Therefore, you probably won't be able to book a FP for Pandora unless you are going on the 27th or any day after that.

In case you cannot get a fastpass maybe EMH will help. Swan and Dolphin resort posted this for their hotel guests

As a guest of the Walt Disney World® Swan and Dolphin Resort you may explore Pandora—The World of Avatar beyond regular Park hours from 11 pm to 1 am nightly, May 27th to July 4th 2017. This benefit is in addition to the Extra Magic Hours already available to you at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

In case you cannot get a fastpass maybe EMH will help. Swan and Dolphin resort posted this for their hotel guests

As a guest of the Walt Disney World® Swan and Dolphin Resort you may explore Pandora—The World of Avatar beyond regular Park hours from 11 pm to 1 am nightly, May 27th to July 4th 2017. This benefit is in addition to the Extra Magic Hours already available to you at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
TouringPlans reported on twitter this morning that the evening EMH during those days would only be for Pandora. The rest of Animal Kingdom will be closed.

Just announced today that Pandora FP reservations can be booked beginning tomorrow so they should be available when you book in April for June too!

So does that mean AK is now tiered?

It's being reported that it's only tiered for the Pandora rides. This makes it fair so people can't select both Pandora rides to FP. So it's tiered like this

Tier 1: Both Pandora rides
Tier 2: everything else

However if you don't want any of the Pandora rides then just book 3 others like usual. Pandora doesn't open until May 27th, so you can't select it for your May 25th visit

It's being reported that it's only tiered for the Pandora rides. This makes it fair so people can't select both Pandora rides to FP. So it's tiered like this

Tier 1: Both Pandora rides
Tier 2: everything else

However if you don't want any of the Pandora rides then just book 3 others like usual. Pandora doesn't open until May 27th, so you can't select it for your May 25th visit

So by Tier 2 I assume you mean all other rides in AK. That works for me. I figured they would tier everything at AK.
And yes, it does give the 30-day and same day guests a fighting chance at being able to get a FP... which is good.

I don't arrive until June 2nd so I'm good.

So by Tier 2 I assume you mean all other rides in AK. That works for me. I figured they would tier everything at AK.
And yes, it does give the 30-day and same day guests a fighting chance at being able to get a FP... which is good.

I don't arrive until June 2nd so I'm good.

You won't see the tiers until booking for a trip on May 27 or after.

Pandora FP's are available to book tomorrow for guests staying onsite that can book that far out. So I'm confused by your part of saying it gives 30 day and same day guests a good chance at getting a FP..it puts those guests at a big disadvantage because all the Pandora FP's could be long gone by the time the offsite 30 day window comes

I wonder if the system will crash due to high demand for those FPs.

I hope it's better than the first couple nights of FP+ for SDMT. I remember the site crashed on two consecutive evenings in the first several days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter