• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PANDORA Coming to Disney Parks/DCL this Fall

I read the comments below the article and someone asked that question. The response was vague, saying something like limited Chamilia items will be available for a limited time. It sounds to me like they'll be phasing Chamilia out, particularly because Pandora is becoming a sponsor of the Tinkerbell 10K and one of the night time shows.

I am super excited to hear this! I have a couple of Chamilla charms but some of them won't fit my Pandora bracelet. I can't wait to see what comes out.

It also sounds like they won't have the Pandora merchandise on the ships when I sail in October. So that means they might sell out of and not reorder the Chamilia charms I want AND not have the new Pandora ones either. Great :(

I wondered about Chamilia. I love my Chamilia bracelet, I was looking forward to filling it with charms in the coming years. :worried: I suppose some of the Pandora charms would fit.

I wondered about Chamilia. I love my Chamilia bracelet, I was looking forward to filling it with charms in the coming years. :worried: I suppose some of the Pandora charms would fit.

Yeah, I'm working on adding to my bracelet and we won't be back in WDW and DCL till November...wondering if it's only Pandora availaible will they fit on my Chamilia bracelet?

I know some Chamilia charms do fit on Pandora bracelets....

ugh.

Well I'm sort of happy & sad... my daughter LOVES her Pandora bracelet and I was going to purchase the Camilla charm with the disney logo and life preserver for Christmas. Hope Pandora makes something similiar.

This is actually exciting news for me. I only have Pandora (I actually won it at a basket raffle....and then got in to collecting the charms). So this makes it simple for me (although I do feel your pain for those that have Chamilia...since just yesterday I was on the flip side of wondering what charms would fit my Pandora).

Since I'm not sailing until next year....that also works well for me. :thumbsup2

I'm excited about this. I currently have a Pandora bracelet and have 11 Chamilia beads. I have not had any problems with them not fitting the Pandora. I'll be in WDW in September, so I'm hoping I can find more beads!!!!!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad to hear this news. I absolutely LOVE Chamilia and their Disney beads. I have three Chamilia bracelets, 2 of which are Disney themed, and own exactly one PANDORA charm (castle). I'll just have to wait and see what pandora has to offer.

12_zpsbbf5ed79.jpg
13_zps3a406420.jpg

I have 2 pandora bracelets. One is complete and one only has 2 clips I had decided I was done with pandora since I hadn't seen any charms I really liked in a while. I guess my empty bracelet will now become a disney one.

This makes me incredibly sad since I JUST purchased my Chamilia on our cruise this past April. I chose Chamilia over Pandora strictly for the Disney beads. Hopefully they will still have some Chamilia available when we go to WDW in November. I only got 2 on our cruise since I bought the bracelet as well. I wish now I would've gotten more!

I have 3 or 4 chamilla beads on my pandora bracelet. But we bought my mom the swirly Mickey head dangle for her birthday and it wouldn't go on. I didn't even think to try it. Thankfully, we gave it to her on the trip and she exchanged it for the castle which fit just fine!

So I have a theory...if only some of the Chamilia beads fit the Pandora bracelets, I'm going to guess that the opening on Chamilia beads tend to be smaller than the circumference of the Pandora bracelet.

If you follow that train of thought, it is most likely then that the larger Pandora beads will fit the smaller Chamilia bracelet (perhaps loose..but they will slide on). I'm just guessing based on what I have read.

As for selection....let's face it...when does Disney ever do something small with someone they partner with? They are going have certain requirements they put in place with any partner. Which leads me to think that ultimately the selection from Pandora will be just as extensive as the selection that was offered from Chamilia.

I'm not sure if I should get the Chamilia bracelet and DCL charms (if they are available on the Dream in Oct) or wait until our next cruise and see what Pandora has to offer. :confused3 What would you do?

I know for a fact that chamilla beads fit on pandora bracelet. I have a combination of both. I get one bead for each of my ABD and it depends on who has the best bead for me. I also have both bracelets.

I am a self proclaimed bead addict. I have five completed bracelets, and am working on a sixth - yes, I'm nuts!

To make sure I can buy any brand of bead I want, I use Troll Bead bracelets. They are definitely a different style than the Chamila or Pandora, more rustic looking and less contemporary. But I actually like the look (and their beads are my favorite) and even if you don't, once you have it filled you can't tell the difference. I've yet to find a brand of bead that doesn't fit on it. I have lots of Chamilla and Pandora charms and they slide right on. Other than the Disney beads, I'm not a huge Chamilla fan, so I'm actually pretty happy about Pandora taking over. More beads!!

My husband is groaning in the corner! :rotfl2:

Has anyone seen any Pandora-Disney news?

The guy that wrote the story on the Disney Parks Blog said, "Stay tuned. I should have some additional details and images in September. This article is the first in a series of stories for the Disney Parks Blog."

They were not yet available on the 9/11 Dream sailing. The personnel in White Caps were well versed in the upcoming changeover, but they did not have a firm date on when that would occur.

Just hope Pandora comes up to Disney's service standards. Last year when I purchased my Pandora bracelet, the store manager overhead me mention to my husband that I couldn't wait till our Disney vacation in the upcoming weeks to add a charm to it. Store manager was quite abrupt and was quick to tell me my warranty on the Pandora bracelet (1 year warranty) would not be valid if I add any charms other than Pandora to it. She went as far as to say Disney charms were inferior. I have been back or purchased anything from Pandora since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter