• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Panama Canal Ocean Motion

DisneyGirl8

Earning My Ears
I am on the October 19, 2018 Panama Canal sailing from San Diego to Galveston. For those who have sailed that itinerary/know people who have, what is the motion of the ocean/ship like? Thanks!

We've done 4 PC cruises, and have had days on the Pacific where everything is flat and calm, and days where we've gotten 4-6 feet waves, and you can feel it on the ship. It all depends on the weather.

Agree with @bobyetman above, its variable depending on the weather. No real way to predict what it will be like when you sail.

We really enjoyed our PC cruise (we did east to west) and look forward to someday doing it again to experience the new locks.

We are on your cruise and also sailed Panama canal in 2011. It all depends on your weather. 2011 was on January, and other than having to skip Castaway Cay due to weather, I don't remember it being rough- and I get seasick.

We're on this cruise too. We did it in 2013, had a fantastic time and no trouble with ship motion. I hardly remember feeling much motion at all, but I'm not really prone to motion sickness. You never know about the weather though. It could be quite different from what we experienced. I'm hoping it will be the normal fine weather.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

I’ve been on a number of cruises, including one where we had to sail around a hurricane, but I like to be prepared...and know how much Gravol (anti-nausea medicine) to pack!

Can’t wait until October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter