Panama Canal cruise

OMD13

Mouseketeer
We booked the 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder while on the Fantasy last week.
It is the 14 day sailing out of San Diego back to Port Canaveral.
We are having second thoughts. Is 14 days to long to be on the ship? We have not sailed on the smaller ships and don't know if we will feel claustrophobic.
Has anyone done this cruise?

We booked the 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder while on the Fantasy last week.
We are having second thoughts. Is 14 days to long to be on the ship? We have not sailed on the smaller ships and don't know if we will feel claustrophobic.

We did the Panama Canal as our first DCL cruise. As we had not cruised prior to this, we had no concept of whether it was too long or not. But since then we've done a few 7 night cruises. We prefer the longer ones. There are many activities available onboard, and you will be stopping at some ports.

The Wonder will seem a little smaller than the Fantasy, but I wouldn't say it's claustrophobic.

The Wonder and the Magic are the largest ships to ever sail through the Panama Canal, so it's not like they're tiny! They also have fewer passengers than the Dream and the Fantasy, so no, they don't feel claustrophobic.

Since the cruises stop at different ports along the way you don't feel like you're cruising the whole time -- because you're not.

While we enjoyed the posh, modern upgrades on the Fantasy, we prefer the smaller, more intimate classic ships.

We just sailed on the Wonder thru the Panama Canal this past December, and we loved it. The time went by so quick. There were so many different activities, and some great new menus we've never tried. And the crew talent show was entertaining.

NO! Definitely NOT too long. I would do a 15 day PC cruise again in a heartbeat.
Time to relax and ports are well spread out.

We did a 4 night cruise then 2 seven nighter's then the 2005 east bound PC cruise. Only had four stops plus the canal transit day. We wondered if 14 nights would be too long. The answer is absolutely NOT!!! We have only been on 7 to 10 night cruises since then until this January when we had a 4 night cruise which was too short!!!

Another vote for no, it's not too long and it isn't claustrophobic. We would love to do another long cruise!:thumbsup2

I've sailed on the Wonder twice for 14 day cruises (Jan 2011 Panama Canal-westbound and this past Oct to Hawaii) and have to say I love 14 day cruises, and wish I could find cruises that long all the time. Bringing an e-reader (if you like to read) or something to do at the pool for sea days (if you like sitting in the sun.) Keep an eye on the Navigator for new things to do the days are full of classes, sessions, and entertainment.

I'll have to add another no to your question. A 14 day cruise will not be too long. My DW and are booked on this same cruise, it will be our first 14 day cruise as well. We have done several 7 day cruises and have always wanted to do a longer cruise. Here is a link to our cruise thread. Join in and have fun meeting your fellow cruisers on this cruise. Enjoy the cruise!!!:thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065230

We have not done this cruise, but are on the Sept EBPC and can't wait. We have done several 7 day and 11 day trips on the Magic and Wonder, LOVE them. Like every cruise we have been on, whether 4 days or 11 days, not enough time to do everything.

Although the ship is smaller than the Dream it is still in the Large Ship category, the Dream and Fantasy are Mega.

You won't regret it! In fact, you'll be able to relax more knowing that you won't have to rush to do everything. In addition, you'll make very dear friends!
Have Fun!

We did the Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder in 2011 from FL to CA and we are doing it again this May! It is so much fun, you will have a fabulous time!!

Our first cruise was on the WBPC in 2008 - loved it! Our DD was 8 y.o. at the time, and she enjoyed the sea days even more than being in port. :goodvibes

I haven't done this cruise yet but I'm counting down the (many, many, many) days. 8 days on the Magic wasn't nearly enough for me. :)

We did the 2011Wonder PC cruise. I could have stayed on another 15 nights! By far the best vacation we've done.

And I'll second what a PP has already stated: we are just one week off the Fantasy and while she was a beautiful ship, DH and I prefer the smaller ships. Looking forward to the Magic in 6 short weeks :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our first Disney cruise was a 14 day Eastbound Transatlantic on the Magic. My husband was a little worried, we had done a 7 day on RCCL a few years before and he didn't have the best time ever, but we went for it anyway. We had a fantastic time! With a shorter cruise, I am always feeling rushed, like I have to do everything NOW cause vacation is going to be over soon! Even on a 7 day cruise, I am quickly thinking how few days we have left. On the 14 day I could actually relax... and relax... and relax! We loved the ship. We haven't been on a classic ship since, but have sailed both the Dream and Fantasy. We are booked on the Westbound Panama Canal (in 45 days!!!!!!) and I have no worries about going back to the smaller ship at all.

I did the eastbound PC in 2008 on the magic and had a great time there is always something going on the ship during the sea days. Also join up with a group that is cruising too you can check the met thread for that. You don't have to do everything with them, but it's sometimes fun to do an excursion with a group of people you know vs strangers on the ship. You can look at some of my pictures from that cruise here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11288498@N02/sets/72157623463005711/

I would absolutely love to do a PC or transatlantic cruise, but they are never, ever when school is out, so I can't participate. I've been checking multiple cruise lines for years. Oh well.

I'm booked on that cruise as well. We decided not to bring kids on this one because it's too much time out of school. This will be my longest cruise as well, but I'm thinking that all of those "at sea" days will be lovely. The Wonder is a very large ship and I don't really feel claustrophobic on it. Now all that said the only thing that I worry about is missing my kids for two weeks. That'll be hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter