Panama Canal - Anyone Else Waiting Eagerly?

We are waiting for fall Panama Canal 2017. We did the may 2014 Panama Canal and it was great. We want to go the other way. It will be our 13th cruise.

I could care less about where it stops or if it stops at all to be honest. I too like to just relax relax relax. If we are in port I enjoy the empty ship. If this does leave from PC like it does I could care less if it goes to that over glorified pool of Castaway. Just get me on a two week vacation of doing nothing. That's the appealing part.

I'm also hoping to use my OBB for a Panama Canal cruise. We're hoping for EB in the fall 2017. :)

I totally hear you - we were supposed to be on the WBPC in 2015, then the EBPC in 2015 then the WBPC in 2016. We ARE going on this one. I don't care if I have to sail the dang boat myself LOL

hahahahaha.

sounds like we've already got a big group of people waiting for the EBPC. :)

the rescheduling for this year actually ended up working out great for us - since we had already decided to take a long vacation this fall, we ended up getting a suite on the Harmony of the Seas (royal caribbean) Transatlantic from Spain to FL in late october for less than a balcony room on the wonder PC would have been. we've never done a TA before, so we're excited about that, and obviously it wouldn't have been possible if we were on the PC. but even so, we're really looking forward to PC in fall 2017.

For those of you wanting to book a Panama Canal cruise in 2017, I just noticed something on the DCL website. If you look under Panama Canal port adventures, the locations available are the expected ones (Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, Cartagena) as well as Castaway Cay and Grand Cayman. Since neither of the 2016 PC cruises currently available to book stop at Castaway Cay or Grand Cayman, this leads me to believe that either the westbound or eastbound in 2017 will stop at CC and/or Grand Cayman. I love both of these stops so this makes me very happy! Fingers crossed!!!

ETA: I just found the Wonder on the Grand Cayman port schedule for Nov 7 & Nov 13 2017 (but not in April/May 2017) so perhaps the Nov 7 date is for the Eastbound Panama Canal sailing. But, I question how she could be there again only 6 days later.

Last edited:
For those of you wanting to book a Panama Canal cruise in 2017, I just noticed something on the DCL website. If you look under Panama Canal port adventures, the locations available are the expected ones (Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, Cartagena) as well as Castaway Cay and Grand Cayman. Since neither of the 2016 PC cruises currently available to book stop at Castaway Cay or Grand Cayman, this leads me to believe that either the westbound or eastbound in 2017 will stop at CC and/or Grand Cayman. I love both of these stops so this makes me very happy! Fingers crossed!!!

ETA: I just found the Wonder on the Grand Cayman port schedule for Nov 7 & Nov 13 2017 (but not in April/May 2017) so perhaps the Nov 7 date is for the Eastbound Panama Canal sailing. But, I question how she could be there again only 6 days later.

Maybe the EBPC goes to Galveston?

I bet the CC stop is for the WBPC cruise since they are coming out of Port Canaveral. (pleasepleaseplease) Probably cruising out of Galveston again in the fall. The later PC cruise makes sense with the Wonder coming back from Alaska and then cruising out of San Diego for some Mexican Riviera cruises (should be in Mazatlan on Oct 11 and 18 2017) before heading back through the canal in late October.

Maybe the EBPC goes to Galveston?

I bet the CC stop is for the WBPC cruise since they are coming out of Port Canaveral. (pleasepleaseplease) Probably cruising out of Galveston again in the fall. The later PC cruise makes sense with the Wonder coming back from Alaska and then cruising out of San Diego for some Mexican Riviera cruises (should be in Mazatlan on Oct 11 and 18 2017) before heading back through the canal in late October.

Yep, I agree that it looks like the eastbound will end in Galveston and then the first cruise after that will be a western caribbean with the first stop in Grand Cayman.

Yep, I agree that it looks like the eastbound will end in Galveston and then the first cruise after that will be a western caribbean with the first stop in Grand Cayman.

Interesting..! If they did that, do you think the cruise would be much shorter..?

Interesting..! If they did that, do you think the cruise would be much shorter..?

This is just speculation. For the Wonder to be at Grand Cayman twice only 6 days apart it seems like it would have to be out of Galveston. Or can it get to Port Canaveral and back that fast? Or Miami?

This is just speculation. For the Wonder to be at Grand Cayman twice only 6 days apart it seems like it would have to be out of Galveston. Or can it get to Port Canaveral and back that fast? Or Miami?

Not sure, I do love the way you think though - a shorter PC trip would be so much easier for my husband and I to fit in! ;)

I looked up cruises to the GC, and the Magic does a 6 night cruise out of Miami that stops in Grand Cayman. The other thing is that it might be a 7 night cruise, and the itinerary is different the second time so the GC stops are only 6 days apart but they could be 7 night cruises.

so glad to see this timing. DH can only go if the cruise leaves in late oct (early oct is his busiest time at work), so if it doesn't leave until the 20-something of october, that would be great for us. keeping my fingers crossed! i'd be bummed if the cruise itself was a little shorter, but it would make taking off work easier for sure, and maybe it would be a little cheaper (ha!).

OK, now that the dust has settled from the summer releases, and the Westbounders have their info, can I get a "Heyo" from the other people still waiting to hear about the EBPC 2017 cruise? Since I'm new to this and only had the 2016 PC cruise dates to go by, I thought I was going to have info on an EBPC cruise in Aug 2017 by now. I'm a little crushed by the let down but feel like I could bounce back with a little conversation. So, where were we? EBPC cruise ending in Galveston? If it ends in Galveston, will that mean a shorter cruise? How short? Possible new stops on the itinerary? There's so much to talk about!

OK, now that the dust has settled from the summer releases, and the Westbounders have their info, can I get a "Heyo" from the other people still waiting to hear about the EBPC 2017 cruise? Since I'm new to this and only had the 2016 PC cruise dates to go by, I thought I was going to have info on an EBPC cruise in Aug 2017 by now. I'm a little crushed by the let down but feel like I could bounce back with a little conversation. So, where were we? EBPC cruise ending in Galveston? If it ends in Galveston, will that mean a shorter cruise? How short? Possible new stops on the itinerary? There's so much to talk about!

historically dates for fall have come out in May (maybe late April?). The EBPC is expected in Oct for 2017, not Aug due to some Mexican Riviera cruises after Alaska.

We were on the 2015 EBPC. It ended in Galveston, but was not short. I think there would be an uproar over that. :-)

The last 2017 Alaska cruise ends in Vancouver on Sept. 11, 2017. The Wonder could repeat the Vancouver to Honolulu one-ways before the Vancouver to San Diego repo, or it could do a roundrip Hawaii cruise from California after the repo. Rumors are that the Wonder will make several cruise stops in Mazatlan on October 11 and 18, so you're probably looking at late October for the EBPC cruise to depart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter