Panam Canal crossing today

Well since the next lock is the Miraflores lock and that is what our webcam said we just watched....I guess we are finished for the day??...guess they were named wrong.

Yep, and how many days before she passes by that camera again? 90 something? :lmao: :rotfl2: We'll all be right back here again in August....:banana:

I won't be, I will be waving at you from my veranda!! :cool1:

The water in the locks, and in Gatun Lake is fresh water. The water after the last lock is salt water, so even the the ship is still in the canal, it is in Pacific Ocean water.

After exiting the Canal, the ship is in the Gulf of Panama. She has to sail south for a bit longer and when she turns west, then northwest, she is in the open Pacific.

Just out of curiousity, are their any other threads on the DCL boards getting any posts today, or is everyone just hanging out on this one?

At this point, they are probably approaching the Miraflores Locks. They are a double lock setup. If the camera starts up again, we will get a great picture of the Magic. But only if it starts up again.

The video at the bottom of the canal cam is of the passage through the Miraflores Locks.

Ken

The water in the locks, and in Gatun Lake is fresh water. The water after the last lock is salt water, so even the the ship is still in the canal, it is in Pacific Ocean water.

After exiting the Canal, the ship is in the Gulf of Panama. She has to sail south for a bit longer and when she turns west, then northwest, she is in the open Pacific.

Its freashwater to Minaflores. Then seawater. Its considered the Ocean boundy however is the 'Bridge of Americas'

Someone on our thread said that set of locks was the Pedro Miguel Locks. They should be coming to Miraflores.

If anyone gets anymore pics, can you please send me a PM and let me know. I'd like to add them to what I already have. Thanks so much!!! :thumbsup2

I have to go now, the family has started arriving and my DD isn't even dressed for the prom yet. :rolleyes:

Someone on our thread said that set of locks was the Pedro Miguel Locks. They should be coming to Miraflores.

Both of these are very close, the Webcam we did see was from Minaflores looking at Pedro Miguel, there is a small lake between,

Minaflores is the last locks.

there is a pic of the Magic approaching the Miraflores Lock about an hour ago - but it looks like the webcam is down at the moment.
miraflores.jpg

Arlene...what web site can I go to for the cam there? The one I was looking at said they just went thru Miraflores....which I know was wrong....I dont have anymore cams.

the cam that the picture is locked on is the Miraflores Locks cam. It is just pointed at the Pedro Miguel lock. If it was working, they could turn the cam to track the Magic through the Miraflores Locks. Let's hope they do that soon.

Ken

Well my day is coming to an end at work.. guess I will miss the rest..
by the time I get home I am sure they will be up and past the web..
Darn I was really hoping.. If anyone wants to PM me snaps of it when and If it comes back I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

Arlene...what web site can I go to for the cam there? The one I was looking at said they just went thru Miraflores....which I know was wrong....I dont have anymore cams.

The Miraflores webcam was turned and pointed toward a different lock. The Gatun webcam from this morning is fixed. But the Miraflores does move periodically. And on the pancanal.com site it says you can email them to ask for a certain camera angle. I was going to email but never got around to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter