Pampered Chef stoneware

I personally don't like mine. It's super heavy and I rarely drag it out to use it. Also difficult to clean. I purchased mine about 5 years ago, so maybe it's been improved since then.

One thing I really regret...I bought the small round stone and the recipes are all for the larger one.

I love mine. In fact I am still sick over my muffin pan. (It accidentally got thrown away 5 or 6 years ago. I was still inside our broken oven when it was taken away.) I have the large and small rounds, the round baker and my favorite are the 2 sizes of rectangle bakers I found at a garage sale for $2.00 total!

We LOVE these pans! Everything seems to cook great, and I love how you can cook something, pizza for instance, and leave it on the pan while eating and it stays warm without getting overcooked or soggy.

There is a bit of a technique to cleaning them, mostly using very hot water and the scraper. Once you understand that, it is a breeze.

Highly recommend them!

Wow! Thanks for the personal experiences! I was totally skeptical but now I kinda want to buy a few pieces for us. I make pizza all the time...the pizza stones work well?

Definitely! :goodvibes I have quite a few pieces of stoneware from Pampered Chef and I love every piece! I use my stoneware all the time for pretty much anything I cook/bake in the oven. I actually got rid of my cookie sheets because I never used them.

As far as cleaning - I use the little scraper that comes with each piece and a small amount (and I mean small) of dish detergent along with warm water. (I never clean my stoneware in the sink with any other dishes.) Cleaning is a breeze. You can't put stoneware in the dishwasher.

Love Love Love mine. I have almost all of them. DH and I only cook on those. I also do wash mine once to twice a month. Put them in teh diswasher with out soap and run it on hot.

LOVE my stoneware. The pizza stone is the best ever.

I broke my rectangle one and yet still refuse to toss it even though I can't use it!

I love my stoneware. I have the large bar one and it makes everything crispy. If you get over the fact that it gets blacker and blacker everytime you cook on it. I cook fish one night and cookies another. I never taste the fish after I use it. Happy cooking

Definitely! :goodvibes I have quite a few pieces of stoneware from Pampered Chef and I love every piece! I use my stoneware all the time for pretty much anything I cook/bake in the oven. I actually got rid of my cookie sheets because I never used them.

As far as cleaning - I use the little scraper that comes with each piece and a small amount (and I mean small) of dish detergent along with warm water. (I never clean my stoneware in the sink with any other dishes.) Cleaning is a breeze. You can't put stoneware in the dishwasher.

I've always been told NOT to use any soap on it, as the stone is very porous and will absorb the soap.

Another vote for "GO FOR IT!" I love mine. I don't use the pizza stone much. I like to bake cookies on an air bake pan. I don't make pizza much, so it doesn't get much use. I use the 9X13 all the time. I also use the round one a lot.

As far as cleaning - I use the little scraper that comes with each piece and a small amount (and I mean small) of dish detergent along with warm water.

you shouldn't use soap as it binds to fat in food and doesn't wash away completely.

here's what the pampered chef site says:
As soap can flavor foods that are baked in Stoneware, it is important that you do not use soap or detergents to clean your Stoneware or wash in an automatic dishwasher using dishwasher detergent. Follow these steps for general and deep cleaning:

General Cleaning

* Allow Stoneware to cool to room temperature before cleaning.
* Soak Stoneware in clear, hot water to loosen baked-on foods.
* Scrape off excess food on both glazed and unglazed surfaces of Stoneware using the Nylon Pan Scraper (provided with Stoneware) or the Easy Clean™ Kitchen Brush.
* Rinse and dry thoroughly before storing.

Deep Cleaning

* Prepare a baking soda paste by mixing 1/2 cup baking soda with 3 tablespoons water.
* For deep cleaning glazed areas, apply baking soda paste using a soft, non-abrasive nylon scrub pad. Rinse and dry thoroughly before storing.
* For periodic deep cleaning of unglazed areas, apply baking soda paste to desired areas and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Scrap off excess paste using the Nylon Pan Scraper or the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush. Rinse and dry thoroughly before storing.

Love love LOVE my stoneware! Nothing ever burns, and when it is properly seasoned, nothing ever sticks. For me, a quick rinse and scrape does the job! And, as an added bonus, using them just might count as your weight training for the day! :lmao:

No soap!!!!! It will ruin your stoneware over time. I know it sounds yucky but really they scrape so well.....they really are clean. :) I love love love my stoneware, I have a muffin pan, a small round, a large round, a large baker and a small pan. LOVE them!!! I do have cookie sheets but only use them things like TX toast and garlic bread, I don't want the garlic to soak into the stoneware so I use a regular cookie sheet for those. :)

Ok so my next question is...what are the items you would reccomend buying. I saw the prices...WOW! I can't throw $100 down the drain on 3 items...so what are the top faves?

Flat stone - great for pizza, cookies, cresent rolls
Round baker - perfect for baking roast or chicken, giant cookie, or cinnamon rolls
9x13 or square for brownies, cake, baked roasts or chicken.

Hey there... I have two stones... the large and small rectangle bar pans. I have only used the small one a couple times, but use the large one pretty regularly.

I am not as big a fan as other folks --- I do a lot of baking, and don't like the way cookies come out on these (at least not the recipes I have). Especially if I am doing large batches --- you have to have pans that cool down quickly, or the cookies will start to cook the instant you put them on, then will bake really unevenly.

My favorite use for it is to roast/bake any meat, especially a nice bone-in chicken. It also works fabulously for roasting veggies - getting them very crisp (I do this with potatoes all the time). Fish simply will not stick once it's been seasoned.

My two cents say the large rectangle. You can use it for baking brownies, roasting veggies and meat and they do clean very easily (never, ever, ever soap!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter