Palo?

We've done Palo many times, and will be doing it again on our cruise next month. For dinner, it is an elegant meal with great service. The chocolate souflee desert is to die for.

Brunch at Palo is an entirely different thing, but just as good.

We've done Palo for brunch and dinner on every cruise. Did it 3 times during our last one. Wrote a blog about my trip and there is a feature of Palo w pix of the brunch and dinner meals. Nrgtucker.wordpress.com

We love dinner at Palo. Best meal, hands down! Before going vegetarian, my favorite entree was Beef Tenderloin Palo with the gorgonzola sauce. Now it is the Gnocchi, which is superb! For appetizers, I love the Plum Tomato with Fresh Mozzarella, and the antipasto dish is excellent. My favorite dessert is the Chocolate Decadence, followed by Panna Cotta. Save getting the souffle for Royal Court/Royal Palace/Triton's/Lumiere's, and get the Grand Marnier Souffle which is far and above better than Palo's souffle.

I really enjoyed Palo brunch on the classic ships, haven't had it on the Dream-class yet but hope it's good. We'll be having it on the Fantasy next year.
Palo dinner on the classic ships was great. On the Dream-class, I was extremely disappointed. I went through 3 or 4 entrees before I found one I liked enough to eat. Our poor server was trying her best though even though it wasn't her fault. Maybe it was the new menu but I wasn't impressed. We're skipping Palo dinner on our upcoming cruise as it is out first 7nt and we want to experience all the different menus.

We have done both brunch and dinner but now only do brunch. We really enjoy the main dining rooms and don't like to miss a night there so we don't do Palo dinner. Brunch is not-to-be-missed, IMO.

Ok, gang...we need to get serious here. Tell OP that Palo is horrible and that they definitely don't want to eat there. That way, there will be at least one more reservation for those of us who know better.:thumbsup2

$20, same as dinner. Dress code is the same as dinner. From DCL's site:

Dress Code
At Palo, dress pants and shirt or jacket is required for men and a dress or pantsuit is required for women. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

While the dress code is the same for brunch and dinner, most people dress up more for dinner. At brunch, most men will wear a collared shirt of some sort generally without a jacket; at dinner most will wear a jacket (although it is not required). Most women will be more dressed up at dinner as well.

$20, same as dinner. Dress code is the same as dinner. From DCL's site:

Dress Code
At Palo, dress pants and shirt or jacket is required for men and a dress or pantsuit is required for women. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Not true. Here is the card we got for Palo. It shows dress code for dinner as separate (and different) from brunch. Generally for brunch it's what you might call Garden Party dress.
23r00et.jpg

:cutie:

Obviously, the above is correct....the dress code posted in Palo and on the web site still reflects the dinner code.

We enjoyed the brunch very much! My DH wore kakhi slacks with a collared shirt and sweater, and I wore black Capri slacks and a blouse. We seemed to fit in, dress wise. I Did notice the CM who greeted us did a once-over on us....kinda awkward if we had not dressed according to the code! ;)

Greatly looking forward to our first Palo brunch next month. Finally all three kids are old enough to stay in their programs for the two hours DH and I have our quiet, peaceful, delicious brunch! Can't wait!

DW would choose brunch over dinner, I pick dinner over brunch. Great choices for brunch and very tasty, but I like dinner because we rarely go out when at home where we have to get dressed up, order a bottle of wine, take our time eating, and have some wonderful menu items to choose from.

Either way you can't go wrong, if possible go to both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter