Palo with kids

mickeygal3

Earning My Ears
I do not know what I am going to do to feed my kids when we go to Palo. Thank you in advance!

You have several options (in part depending on the ages of the kids.) First, if they are in the kid programming during the kid dining hours (posted in the kid's navigator), they will be taken to dinner with the programming group. Secondly, if they are of an appropriate age, they can go to the scheduled restaurant without you--your server and assistant will see that they get appropriate food, etc. Finally, if they are of an appropriate age, they can get "fast food" from the deck 9 outlets or Topsiders.

For really young ones, your only choice is to have dinner with the kid counsellors. As to going to the dining room...you know your kids and how well they do (or don't) behave. The servers will encourage you to send them, but you know best.

If they are going to be in the kids clubs when you go to Palo, then they take them to the kids only buffet (which is closed to everyone else) for dinner or if they are on their own, *you didn't mention ages,) they can get room service or go to Pinocheoos (sp??) I don't remember how to spell that!!!
How old are they, and where will they be when you are at Palo's?

We gave our kids the option of eating in the club or getting something up on deck. They chose the club. Well, of course that didn't work out because we all fell asleep!!!! We woke up around 5:30, and it was too late to get the kids to the clubs to eat. DH ran up to deck 9 and got them some pizza, while I hopped in the shower. I was done when he got back, and I fed them, while DH took a shower. We continued to get ready while they ate and then got them dressed. We dropped them off at the clubs on our way to Palo. It worked out just fine, though I would have preferred (and I'm sure they would have too) been with the clubs.

You could always do room service and let the kids eat while you're getting dressed for dinner. Worked for us! :)

NYDisneyMom said:
You could always do room service and let the kids eat while you're getting dressed for dinner. Worked for us! :)

This is what worked for our family as well. On a side note, not to hijack this thread, but Phylis, we havent seen you lately o our 05/27/06 thread, are you still planning on going with us?

we had kids from 14 to7. They decided togo on to the appointed dinner rotation because they loved our servers! My daughter, aged 10 at the time, had rack of lamb(suggested by our wonderful servers!) and had a great time without us!
Be sure to let the servers know and they will be great with the kids if that is what they want to do!

My ds's new friends all ended up dining together at one of the tables. All the adults at the regular assigned table were at Palo so the kids took over. Of course ds wanted to join them and we didn't think it was a very good idea because of having different servers and all that.

It turned out that the "kid" table was right next to ours, so ds just ended up turning around to that table. The servers were a little confused at first, but they did a great job. If fact, I think my ds had the best time at dinner that night.

Of course they were all in the young teen age so we tried to keep an eye on them so they didn't get to goofy.

Our DD12 decided that she wanted to go to dinner alone. We had early seating and our Palo reservations were for 8:00. Our servers assured us the night before that they would take care of her. They were wonderful and she had a great time.

I made our Palo reservations late enough so that we could go to the dining room with my son as he ate. We sat at the table and had drinks and appetizers while everyone else ate. This way my son got to eat in the dining room but didn't have to go without us. After, he went to the kids club and we went to Palos.

The servers take great care of the kids if they decide to do go, but just be prepared - our daughter and her two friends did this on our last cruise, and the servers decided it would be "Backwards Night". They got dessert first, and LOTS of it, then dinner. Needless to day, DD was BOUNCING off the walls all night from her sugar high! But they had a really great time and she's still talking about it!

dzneprincess said:
This is what worked for our family as well. On a side note, not to hijack this thread, but Phylis, we havent seen you lately o our 05/27/06 thread, are you still planning on going with us?

I'm flattered I'm missed!! But, sadly, I just cancelled our 5/06 DCL cruise. We just returned from a 10 day on NCL and I'm thinking of trying Royal next year (or later this year if I find a bargain!)

I hope you enjoy your cruise..I know it'll be fabulous with 2 CC days!!

ChrisnSteph said:
The servers take great care of the kids if they decide to do go, but just be prepared - our daughter and her two friends did this on our last cruise, and the servers decided it would be "Backwards Night". They got dessert first, and LOTS of it, then dinner. Needless to day, DD was BOUNCING off the walls all night from her sugar high! But they had a really great time and she's still talking about it!

LOL! I can just imagine that happening to our kids. :) I would bet that is one memory your DD will never forget!

We have a DS 8 who is a picky eater and doesn't enjoy eating with the kid's club. As a result, we normally make later reservations at Palo (8:15 or 8:30). We go to the regular 6:30 show (which lasts about an hour) and then my DH runs up to deck 9 and picks up a Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Fingers, or Pizza, and brings it back to the room (faster than room service). We change clothes while he eats. It's worked great every time.

No matter what you do regarding dining for your kids, remember to take into consideration the shows. It takes at least 2 hours to eat at Palo. The first cruise we made 7 pm reservations and raced through dinner to go to the 8:30 show. Dinner was rushed and we were late for the show. Now, we plan much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter