Palo tipping and brunch

Pidge

Mouseketeer
How is Palo dinner tipping handled, at the end of the meal or at the end of the cruise when you tip everyone else? Also, is the Palo brunch offered on the 4 day, if so which day and is there a $10 per head charge to go as there is with the Palo dinner? Thanks!

Pidge

Palo tipping is handled per meal. You can tip with cash or have it added to your shipboard account.

How much are you supposed to tip at Palo? Also, if it is handled at the time of the meal do they bring a "bill" to you that you have to sign? :confused3

There is an additional "service charge" for any meal at Palo. This is supposed to off set the fact that the servers there don't get tipped like the dinning room serving teams. But the s/c doesn't come close to a real tip, especially for the level of service you receive in Palo. We usually tip $25 for the two of us, on top of the service charge. At the end of the meal they get your key to the world card to charge the service charge. When they bring it back for your signature, you can add on the tip or put cash with the receipt.

We also tipped $25 for dinner and $15 for brunch over and above the $10 per person fee. It was worth it!!

Thanks to those of you who tip extra at Palo. Many guests are not aware that the $10 Company Fee charged is NOT the Servers' tip. They receive only 40cents from that fee, so an extra tip is recommended. These Servers also rely on their tips(as do regular dining room servers)and they also work in Scoops and Topsiders when Palo is closed to guests: these guys work incredibly hard to provide a wonderful service to all the guests, and its sad when you see many guests leave a bit fat ZERO at the end of their vacation/meal - which is still a regular occurrence apparantly. I dont think DisBoard folk are to blame though, as they are well aware of these facts before they cruise and are generally very generous. Thanks guys. Nat :Pinkbounc

natdencro said:
Thanks to those of you who tip extra at Palo. Many guests are not aware that the $10 Company Fee charged is NOT the Servers' tip. They receive only 40cents from that fee, so an extra tip is recommended. These Servers also rely on their tips(as do regular dining room servers)and they also work in Scoops and Topsiders when Palo is closed to guests: these guys work incredibly hard to provide a wonderful service to all the guests, and its sad when you see many guests leave a bit fat ZERO at the end of their vacation/meal - which is still a regular occurrence apparantly. I dont think DisBoard folk are to blame though, as they are well aware of these facts before they cruise and are generally very generous. Thanks guys. Nat :Pinkbounc

Very cool to hear a CM's perspective. Tipping is pretty clearly explained for the main dining rooms, but it can be confusing for Palo. And it would be tacky to have to have servers mentioning it to guests.

We sometimes feel a little embaressed by the level of service we receive, we're not used to that kind of pampering in the real world. But we sure do appreiciate it and have very, very much enjoyed our time with the CMs on the ship. We see them working all over the ship all of the time and yet we've always been met with warm smiles and freindly greetings. We think you all do a phenominal job!

We had five people at Palo brunch and dinner the same day, and had the same fantastic server for both meals. We tipped a total of $40 for the brunch and $100 for the dinner, above the service charge of $50 for each meal.

Edited to add: yes, there is a brunch on the 4 day; it is on the at-sea day (Wednesday).

Ate at Palo's for brunch a couple of weeks ago. Our bill was 24 something and we tipped $25 on top of that. Well worth it, we had Andrew and he was really great.

Jenn

jdm said:
Ate at Palo's for brunch a couple of weeks ago. Our bill was 24 something and we tipped $25 on top of that. Well worth it, we had Andrew and he was really great.

Jenn
The bill was "$24 something" because they must have ordered a drink(s) that was not included.

Please don't base your tip on what your "bill" is. On your bill you will be charged ONLY the per person fee ($10) plus any beverages that are not included (wine, cocktails, speciality waters, etc) and the beverages will already include an "auto gratuity". Lets see 15% of $20 (the 10/person for 2 people is a $3.00 gratuity. After you've experienced any meal in Palo, you would have to agree that that type of tip would be a slap in the face of your server. I feel a little cheep by leaving an extra $10/person gratuity.

We tipped $100 for dinner and $50 for brunch.

The fee you pay to eat there is not the tip...not the tip..not the tip.

You tip at Palo like you would in any fine dining establishment...approximate what the cost of the meal would be and tip your server 20% or more. The food and service are well worth it.

webray said:
You tip at Palo like you would in any fine dining establishment...approximate what the cost of the meal would be and tip your server 20% or more. The food and service are well worth it.

My feelings exactly.

We had a party of four for brunch and tipped 40 dollars on top of the 10 a head charge. It was well worth it.

Yes, Jrabbit, you are absolutely right. It took me a minute to remember but DH did have one screwdriver which is why our bill was $24 something. It's vague, but I remember the $10 charge for each of us and some 77cents gratuity. I wasn't thinking at the time but it must have been the automatic add-on for the cocktail.

I felt that if we went to a brunch comparable to Palo's in a high end stateside restaurant that it probably would have run us about $75 to $80 and we just really liked the server. I felt $25 was appropriate for our experience.

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter