• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo Reservation Question

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
Today was our window to do online check in & Palo ressies & excursions. I was able to make brunch & dinner ressies for Palo for 6 people. The problem is that we are a party of 7. The system would not allow a reservation for a party of 7. Any one have experience with this? What did you do? Should we just wait until we board ship then try to work this out?

Are you able to make a seperate reservation for the 1 person? If so I would do that now. It will be easy to combine the reservations once you board, but easier if they have already included this person in the seating allocation.

We have a party of 7 too, so when I tried to make Palo reservations 75 days out, I had a heck of a time getting us all at the same time. I would make a reservation for 3 and then try to get a reservation for 4 at the same time and it would be full. I was finally able to get a reservation for 4, one for 2, and one for 1 at the same time and I am hoping they can place us all together. Otherwise, I guess I will be dining by myself :)

We have a party of 7 too, so when I tried to make Palo reservations 75 days out, I had a heck of a time getting us all at the same time. I would make a reservation for 3 and then try to get a reservation for 4 at the same time and it would be full. I was finally able to get a reservation for 4, one for 2, and one for 1 at the same time and I am hoping they can place us all together. Otherwise, I guess I will be dining by myself :)

If these reservations are all at the same time, they should have non problem seating you together. There are many tables for 2 that can be joined together. What you have actually occupies space for up to 8 people, so no problem. :) Just go to the dining location when you board to make them aware of this ASAP. :)

We tried to separate the reservations but had no luck. I guess I will go immediately upon boarding to try to get this fixed. I don't know anything else to do.:confused3

We are on 8/9 Alaska cruise and I had the same problem. We are Gold CC members but are traveling with a party of silver and one who has never sailed before. The Palo ressies were down on-line. I had to call at 9:00 and they could only make ressies for 6 of us. I have dinner for 6 and for brunch I have 2 tables for 2 at 11:00 and 1 table for 2 at 11:30 and that leaves one person unaccounted for. There has to be an easier way!

We traveled with 5 of us, but I could only get a reservation for one person and a second reservation for two people. I went immediately to have it fixed and the person said we noticed that the one person was by themselves but had a linked reservation with you so we already added them to your table. :cool1:

Today was our window to do online check in & Palo ressies & excursions. I was able to make brunch & dinner ressies for Palo for 6 people. The problem is that we are a party of 7. The system would not allow a reservation for a party of 7. Any one have experience with this? What did you do? Should we just wait until we board ship then try to work this out?

Other that one large round table that can seat 10+ (which is used for the brumch display so is only av ailable for dinner), and the private room, Palo only has 6 tops and 2 tops. For 7 yiou would need to reserve a 6 and a 2 and hope they can put you next to each other. If you have 12 or more, you can try for the private room.

UPDATE: I called DCL on Sunday to ask about the 7th passenger dilemma. I had also noticed that I had been left off of the brunch reservation. A very nice lady from DCL called me back this morning. She told me that we were good to go for the brunch because we had a table for 6. I ask about our 7th passenger. She told me that she was sending notification to Palo of our 7th passenger but I would still need to go immediately upon boarding to make sure that we could be accommodated. She didn't seem to think it would be a problem. Pixie dust, please!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter