• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo questions - please help!

FirstTimeDC

Mouseketeer
Ok, we are taking our third Disney cruise March 27th. I have some Palo questions.
1. Which is better - brunch or dinner?
2. Is it a buffet or order off the menu or both?
3. Do they allow children? If they don't allow or encourage children what is the permitted or suggested age? We have a 16 year old traveling with us, as well as little ones (toddler & preschool ages).
4. Pictures of Palo food would be great! I know there are some on different threads but would love to see some all in one place. Please label if they are from brunch or dinner. Thanks!!

Thanks in advance for any other suggestions!

The only answer I can give you that I know for sure is that it is 18 years or older and they appear to very strict with that age. No exceptions!!!!!!!!!

I personally prefer dinner, although it really is a matter of tastes. Brunch is better for those who prefer cold foods.

Brunch is buffet/menu. The hot items at brunch are from a set list of items which you order. Dinner is a menu.

3. Do they allow children? If they don't allow or encourage children what is the permitted or suggested age? We have a 16 year old traveling with us, as well as little ones (toddler & preschool ages).
No one under 18 is allowed.

1. Dinner (Brunch is buffet, Dinner is menu)
2. You have to be 18 to eat at Palo
3. I have pics of the food, but I am not able to post (sorry)

I will have pics on my website in a few days from our "8 Day" Western Carribbean cruise 2/6 - 2/14:thumbsup2

They are totally strict about the age. You must be 18....not one day younger.

Brunch is a buffet with some hot items that will be prepared for you. Dinner is a menu...and they typically bring you some extra things that you may not have ordered.

Sorry...I don't do photos.

Which is better is a personal decision. I prefer dinner, but others swear by brunch. Brunch reservations are harder to get as they are only available on sea days.

We did the brunch and the dinner on our 7 night and they were both wonderful. To me the dinner seemed a little more intimate and formal. The brunch was not quite as formal in dress and with everyone walking around for the buffet, it seemed more casual. Photos of Palo Brunch.

Palo's lunch - one of 4 spreads:

Palo_16.JPG

Yes, the brunch is more casual. But we don't go to brunch very often, so we enjoy the brunch. We're originally from Chicago and used to be able to go to the nice brunches at the big hotels and don't have the opportunity to enjoy nice brunches where we live now. Nice being able to taste all the little desserts at the Palo brunch.

I also like the brunch because then we don't really miss dinner time with the kids.

Dinner was wonderful there too.

We will be on the March 27th cruise with you! This is our 4th. We have both brunch and dinner plans on this cruise.

We did the dinner last time and loved it. This time we did the brunch and the dinner and we LOVED the brunch. Dinner is VERY good. But, after doing the brunch, we REALLY enjoyed that. If I HAD to choose just one, I would do the brunch. But, that is really only my opinion. I'm sure others would do the dinner. If at all possible DO BOTH!;)
PALO BRUNCH::love:
NYE09Cruise10059.jpg
NYE09Cruise10056-1.jpg
NYE09Cruise10058.jpg
NYE09Cruise10060.jpg

1. Dinner (Brunch is buffet, Dinner is menu)
2. You have to be 18 to eat at Palo
3. I have pics of the food, but I am not able to post (sorry)

I will have pics on my website in a few days from our "8 Day" Western Carribbean cruise 2/6 - 2/14:thumbsup2

OK, totally off topic, but SUCH A CUTE pug! I bet that puggy face was glad to see you! I have a pug too.

First attempt at pics of the food can be found at:

wthomas33.com/DCLfood.htm

Be patient, the pics are large and I haven't had the time to resize!! :earsboy:
OMG, that food looks *MARVELOUS*! Yumm!

Thanks for the pics!

Sayhello

Ok, we are taking our third Disney cruise March 27th. I have some Palo questions.
4. Pictures of Palo food would be great! I know there are some on different threads but would love to see some all in one place. Please label if they are from brunch or dinner. Thanks!!

Thanks in advance for any other suggestions!

1: umm.. both are equally awesome for different reasons. If you want ambience/romance, go with dinner.

2: Brunch is both.. HUGE buffet plus made to order pizzas and hot dishes liggs about 50 different kinds of eggs benedict and some lunch options. Dinner is strictly off a menu but you can order as much as you like( I highly recommend the grape pizza. )

3: STRICT 18 and over policy.

1) I will chime in for the first question. I prefer dinner. However, DH prefers brunch. I do not care for seafood and I thought the brunch had quite a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter