Palo or not?

We haven't tried the brunch, but expect to do that over our Thanksgiving cruise.

My wife and I like Palo and plan on going again. The service is better than the MDR, the table is more intimate and the overall ambiance is worth the small up-charge in our opinion.

We aren't foodies so we don't really select Palo for their food quality vis-a-vis the MDR, although we have been very happy with the dishes we have had.

We also like the more formal attire - I know we could do that in the MDR, but for us there is a total difference in the atmosphere between Palo and the MDRs.

The atmosphere in Palo is different because of the attire, but also because it's adult-only. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from other people's children.

My vote is...YES! Do Palo! For dinner. On our last cruise, we dined at Palo at the one restaurant that we repeated for Pirate Night. I didn't feel like we missed out on anything, and dinner at Palo was so special.

First Cruise, only 4 nights, skip Palo and Remy.

They might be "The Best" but you probably don't want to miss what is going on elsewhere on the cruise.

Trust Me, this will not be your last DCL cruise!!!

Question: What does Disney call a first time cruiser?

Answer: a New Repeat Customer!!

We did Palo for dinner and thought it was great. Every cut of beef I had in the MDRs was smallish, sometimes dried out, nothing to write home about, but the blue cheese crusted tenderloin in Palo was excellent: a real tenderloin, medium rare, but definitely not raw. The lobster ravioli were rich and tasty. Someone else nearby had some entree with mussels and other seafood, and it looked good.

I really doubt that you'd regret going. We also got some kind of Palo 'sampler' of 3 desserts (including the famous custard one), and they were great.

Palo is definitely like a $40-50 per person type of experience, depending on what kind of appetite you bring.

I would skip Palo. I just got off my first cruise yesterday and did Palo brunch on Friday. I did not think it was that much better than the main dining room and two of the four of us said we probably wouldn't do it again. The desserts were about the same as MDR. The pizzas that everyone raved about do not even compare to some pizza places I've been to. I was expecting better. I was also not expecting much from the MDR and buffets and was pleasantly surprised because I thought they were above average.

Agree 100%. We went to Palo last August and didn't think it was anything special. Just an average run of the mill Italian restaurant IMHO.

Love Palo! We have done dinner and the brunch. If you can only do one I would recommend the brunch.

We did Palo Brunch and Dinner on a recent 4-night cruise. Both are great and we'd do them again. The Brunch and Dinner have a very different feel as you move from buffet to full-service dining.

We went with another family. I thought it was great of the Disney Dining Manager to call us to let us know that he talked to our MDR servers and they'd be happy to serve the kids alone as they are very well behaved. As our reservation was a couple of hours after our MDR, we declined and just enjoyed some family time at the MDR before Palos (for clarity, the kids ate, but we waited).

Definitely make the reservation for Palo for a four night cruise. Food and service are outstanding! They almost always have openings once you board, so if you make your reservation on a night that you were scheduled in a rotational dining restaurant that you really want to eat at, modify the reservation once on board. Look at your Key to the World card as soon as you get it to see what order you will eat in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter