Palo or not?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ajgardner, Mar 16, 2013.

1. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Agreed!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Illini_Fan

Illini_Fan Mouseketeer

We haven't tried the brunch, but expect to do that over our Thanksgiving cruise.

My wife and I like Palo and plan on going again. The service is better than the MDR, the table is more intimate and the overall ambiance is worth the small up-charge in our opinion.

We aren't foodies so we don't really select Palo for their food quality vis-a-vis the MDR, although we have been very happy with the dishes we have had.

We also like the more formal attire - I know we could do that in the MDR, but for us there is a total difference in the atmosphere between Palo and the MDRs.

4. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

The atmosphere in Palo is different because of the attire, but also because it's adult-only. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from other people's children.

5. MissDaisyofTexas

MissDaisyofTexas DIS Veteran

My vote is...YES! Do Palo! For dinner. On our last cruise, we dined at Palo at the one restaurant that we repeated for Pirate Night. I didn't feel like we missed out on anything, and dinner at Palo was so special.

6. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

First Cruise, only 4 nights, skip Palo and Remy.

They might be "The Best" but you probably don't want to miss what is going on elsewhere on the cruise.

Trust Me, this will not be your last DCL cruise!!!

Question: What does Disney call a first time cruiser?

Answer: a New Repeat Customer!!

7. Jimbob22

Jimbob22 Earning My Ears

We did Palo for dinner and thought it was great. Every cut of beef I had in the MDRs was smallish, sometimes dried out, nothing to write home about, but the blue cheese crusted tenderloin in Palo was excellent: a real tenderloin, medium rare, but definitely not raw. The lobster ravioli were rich and tasty. Someone else nearby had some entree with mussels and other seafood, and it looked good.

I really doubt that you'd regret going. We also got some kind of Palo 'sampler' of 3 desserts (including the famous custard one), and they were great.

Palo is definitely like a $40-50 per person type of experience, depending on what kind of appetite you bring.

8. jczosack

jczosack Pixie Duster

For a 4 night cruise, I would skip Palo all together.

9. MillauFr

MillauFr Buzz & Woody

Agree 100%. We went to Palo last August and didn't think it was anything special. Just an average run of the mill Italian restaurant IMHO.

10. OMD13

OMD13 Mouseketeer

Love Palo! We have done dinner and the brunch. If you can only do one I would recommend the brunch.

11. vcunning

vcunning Mouseketeer

We did Palo Brunch and Dinner on a recent 4-night cruise. Both are great and we'd do them again. The Brunch and Dinner have a very different feel as you move from buffet to full-service dining.

We went with another family. I thought it was great of the Disney Dining Manager to call us to let us know that he talked to our MDR servers and they'd be happy to serve the kids alone as they are very well behaved. As our reservation was a couple of hours after our MDR, we declined and just enjoyed some family time at the MDR before Palos (for clarity, the kids ate, but we waited).

12. wombat10

wombat10 Earning My Ears

Definitely make the reservation for Palo for a four night cruise. Food and service are outstanding! They almost always have openings once you board, so if you make your reservation on a night that you were scheduled in a rotational dining restaurant that you really want to eat at, modify the reservation once on board. Look at your Key to the World card as soon as you get it to see what order you will eat in.