Palo is $20 now

williamson_ja

DIS Veteran
I don't know if this has been posted before, but they charged us $20 pp for Palo last week instead of $15.
Also, the Golden Mickey's show is gone. :)
Just thought I would update for those that didn't know this information yet.

I haven't heard anything about Palo's price going up. Would like to hear more about it though. :confused3

Looked online this is what it says:

An additional charge is required to dine at Palo:

Dinner: $15 dining charge, per person
Brunch: $15 dining charge, per person
High Tea: $5 dining charge, per person
Please note prices are subject to change without notice.

Interesting!

We were on the Magic Eastern last week. We had no notification that the price was going up to $20 pp. When I booked it online, it said $15 pp. At the end of the trip when we got our room account information, we had been charged $20 pp for Palo.

Did they replace the "Golden Mickeys" with a new show?
Or what did they do on this evening?

We are going on the Eastern cruise on Feb 27 and would love to know what to expect.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jutta

The last time it was increased for $10 to $15 there was advance notice, I recall there was some people who had booked Palo online theirs was honoured at the previous price on booking.

It was on the website for a while with the new prices.

Now we are overdue for a price increase, so anything is possible, but the website clearly shows $15 for all meals Wonder and Magic.

On the Magic, the Villains show is scheduled to start in March. According to the boards, there is an interim song show filling the slot till the Villains has finished rehearsing.

Interesting that they're raised the Palo charges without changing the web site. One would think that they could keep their own material up to date.

The Palo charge at $15 supposedly included the gratuity although many people chose to tip more. Thus, raising it to $20 but stating that it includes the gratuity would do nothing unless the entire increase went to the server....except perhaps decrease the amount of "additional gratuity" that people leave.

I just booked brunch and dinner on Sat. and it came up $15 pp. I hope it doesn't go up more.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but they charged us $20 pp for Palo last week instead of $15.
Also, the Golden Mickey's show is gone. :)
Just thought I would update for those that didn't know this information yet.

I just called DCL and they said it is still $15. They said maybe you got an extra drink or something maybe? You could always call them if you really wanted to know.

I am excited about the new show; however, we are leaving this weekend so I guess we're going to be seeing the singers. I'm sure it will be good music, just don't think I'll be taking my 5yo with us.

Yea...you might want to double check. I did Palo brunch by myself one time and knew exactly what I left as a tip, and there was an extra $6 or so charge. I couldn't figure out what it was and went to the front desk. They pulled out all the receipts from my trip and found the Palo ones. I can't remember exactly what the deal was, but it was supposed to be voided, but instead rang up twice. Maybe it was the champagne.

We don't drink alcohol, so it wasn't that. My dh said he didn't add the tip on there and just gave cash.

As for the show, there was a show called, "Once upon a Song" that was just some of the regular performers singing disney songs. It was all right but it wasn't as good as the other shows.

We don't drink alcohol, so it wasn't that. My dh said he didn't add the tip on there and just gave cash. :confused3

As for the show, there was a show called, "Once upon a Song" that was just some of the regular performers singing disney songs. It was all right but it wasn't as good as the other shows.

We don't drink alcohol, so it wasn't that. My dh said he didn't add the tip on there and just gave cash. :confused3

Did they charge you for espresso or cappuccino? I know we paid extra for it when we went for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter