• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo for one?

bode

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever gone to Palo's for either dinner or brunch by themselves? I am a single dad and cruise with my daughter. We have done 5 Disney Cruises and I have never experienced Palo. We are cruising on the Dream this June and I am thinking about finally trying Palo.

Thanks

The first time I went on the wonder, I went alone. Now I am into the fine dining thing and travel on my own bit I was a little concerned if I would be bored or something at the table. The pacing and service were great - so I can vouch for dinner!

FWIW, I've done V&A alone too and enjoyed it immensely!

Hth!

Another option would be to join other DISers from your meet thread. DH and I have had singles join us for High Tea and also dinner. We enjoyed their company. Just put the word out on the meet thread that you would enjoy company and see what happens. Or, go it alone as posted above and enjoy! Either way.

Yes, put the word out on your meet thread and have dined with some really neat people, great conversation and food. I've also enjoyed brunch and dinner at Palo alone as well. I usually bring my Kindle with me but usually I don't need it because each time I've had exceptional servers that absolutely spoiled me and were extra attentive that I never felt alone or out of place.

I enjoyed brunch on my own last summer. It was nice to eat at my own pace. A couple of the servers would stop by and chat for a minute or 2, and I was talking with some nearby guests. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I'm a single mom and we are about to go on our sixth disney cruise. The first few years, I never went to Palo. Once I discovered it, I could have kicked myself for not going sooner. It should NOT be missed. I recommend hooking up with the DIS group for your cruise. You may find another single to share Palo ressies with. Sometimes the DIS groups do group brunches or high teas. (I did that once, and it wasn't really comfortable for me; I prefer hooking up with one or two other people.) Make your Palo ressies, and you will find a solution. Going alone wouldn't be bad either! Go for it! You won't be sorry!!!
BTW, I have Palo ressies for two for a dinner, a brunch, and a high tea on the 10 day Wonder in April!!!

I did this back in December on the Wonder for the first time (DW had a conference to go to and couldn't make the cruise). The food was great as always and I kept sampling so much from the menu, I didn't do desert. Service was a bit slow that night, so I kept wishing I had brought a book to read sometime, but overall it was very nice.

Well, while I can't answer your question, I did search the boards regarding this subject last week. Based on the many good experiences posted, I decided to go for it and booked a ressie for one on our upcoming June cruise. I will take my son to the regular restaurant and then drop him at the club before heading to Palo. I plan to bring my Nook as company, but hopefully I will be enjoying myself enough not to need it!

Has anyone ever gone to Palo's for either dinner or brunch by themselves? I am a single dad and cruise with my daughter. We have done 5 Disney Cruises and I have never experienced Palo. We are cruising on the Dream this June and I am thinking about finally trying Palo.

Thanks

Well, while I can't answer your question, I did search the boards regarding this subject last week. Based on the many good experiences posted, I decided to go for it and booked a ressie for one on our upcoming June cruise. I will take my son to the regular restaurant and then drop him at the club before heading to Palo. I plan to bring my Nook as company, but hopefully I will be enjoying myself enough not to need it!

:love:

"Matchmaker, Matchmaker,
Make me a match,
Find me a find,
catch me a catch
Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Look through your book,
And make me a perfect match"

Thanks

When are you cruising? I am a single mom sailing on June 12. I would like to find someone to have dinner or brunch with at Palo's.

we will be on the cruise before yours. we are going on the june 7th cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter