• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo dress code debate closed...

Originally posted by MarcyIn Florida
This made me snort my coffee. Thanks for the morning laugh.

Of course, i misread it as "And he's getting kicked out", which was even funnier, since I pictured the first big marital spat.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ditto! I needed this laugh this morning - thanks!!

I heard that they were gonna refuse this guy entrance, but since she was wearing a really long dress, they got the calculator out and concluded that they had enough material between the two to count as pants and a casual dress...so they were in!!!

P.S. The guy actually had pants on earlier on in the day, but as the ship had ran out of towels, he zipped off the bottom of his pants and was using them to save chairs around the pool. It was reported that the pant bottoms had a nice time also.

P.S.P.S. Thanks for all the wedding pics! It looked beautiful!!!! Congratulations!

didn't think you needed the flame suit for this one but hey you never know.

anyone up for the Aunt Gemima Treatment????? :hyper: :earseek:

Originally posted by GoofyDisney
P.S. The guy actually had pants on earlier on in the day, but as the ship had ran out of towels, he zipped off the bottom of his pants and was using them to save chairs around the pool. It was reported that the pant bottoms had a nice time also.

Now that's a serious offense. Too Funny!!!!!!!!:hyper:

LOL!! The only person that looks out of place is the one in the wedding dress! :laughing:

(just kidding)

:hyper: :rotfl: OMG too funny. I needed this kind of laugh this afternoon. GoofyDisney you made me actually laugh out loud.

ROFL - this is a GREAT thread....

I have to admit...when I saw those pictures...I thought to myself....why is he wearing cargo shorts while she's in a wedding gown?? Was it a shotgun wedding?

Please please please - this is NOT meant as an affront to the bride AT ALL - I just found the casual clothes amusing as well - their pictures were just GORGEOUS and made me really want a DCL wedding...we've already discussed it some....

Does it also mean that we can all wear flip-flops (like the bride )with our shorts when we go to Palo?? Maybe black ones would be more suitable for dinner??:crazy: :tongue: What a fun wedding... Hope the bride and groom have as much fun in life as they seemed to have on their wedding!!

Okay, I saw the wedding pics which I thought were great. I bet more brides WISH they could wear flip flops instead of uncomfortable shoes.

I'm one of the ones who hates getting dressed up. I tend to look much better in "play clothes" and I'm very uncomfortable in dress clothes. That being said, if I knew the dress code ahead of time, I'd comply with it.

I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but what exactly IS the dress code for dinner on a 3-night cruise (other than at Palo). There's no formal night, right?

Sorry, all, if I need to chill out. I really do need this vacation, stressful year and all.

I just don't understand why dressing for dinner is the source of such a huge debate?

I'll be the one too that needs to be pried off of the deck chairs by the pool..........noooooooooooo.....I need more relaxing............heeeeeeeeeeeelllllppp!!!!

ROTFLOL Maybe the airlines just lost their luggage. Had a friend who bought a seat for her wedding dress so they wouldn't lose it. So her dress made it to Palo and his stuff got lost! Anyone hear the Garrison Keilor thing on Prarie Home Companion about the non-Lutheran-wedding?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carla

Okay heres the deal everyone. I was suppossed to get married on Castaway Cay I wanted to have flip flops so I wouldnt sink in the sand. Plus I am 5'0 and my hubby is 6'1 so...... i needed the extra height. As far as my husband wearing the shorts like mentioned earlier we were suppossed to get married on an island. The last thing he wanted was to be hot in the middle of the summer on and an island in the bahamas. That I could understand so I let it fly. Plus he is from South Dakota it could have been a lot worse trust me. Anyway I am not upset or anything I just want everyone to know why we were dressed in flip flops or shorts. IT WAS SUPPOSSED TO BE AN ISLAND WEDDING!

Originally posted by lookinforthesun
Anyway I am not upset or anything I just want everyone to know why we were dressed in flip flops or shorts.

I, for one, thought the pictures and your onboard wedding are very cool!

Dress code is a touchy subject here - right up their with smoking on the verandah - so I couldn't resist an opportunity to poke fun - not at you but at the dress code.

I'm still digging your porthole picture, by the way. :teeth: Your husband is a lucky dude. Tell him I said so.

Sam

The problem with dressing for dinner for is that many people don't feel comfortable in "dress-up clothes". I personally feel that if I am paying for my meal, i.e. I'm not a guest in someone's home or at a function they're hosting I will wear what I look best in and what is decent. The other issue is the amount of money needed to pay for dress clothes...I am tall, thin, and busty...I cannot find "evening clothes" without spending lots of money...I am not one of those types that is going to find the $15.99 dress at prom clearance time...I also have expensive taste...my clothes are classics that I wear for years. That said my family and I will be dressed according to dress code on our October cruise, but I feel that the dress code is silly and causes unfair burdens to many families...how many threads have been titled "my 5yo and formal night" ? The whole formal night thing was great when only the wealthy cruised and of course had a tux and evening gown...that is not the case now...DCL might as well tell us to buy a western or gypsy ensemble. I don't UNDERSTAND why anybody cares what someone else wears ? Not my problem, I pay my way, they pay theirs, and I could give a hang if they show up nude.

lookinforthesun -

You looked great for your wedding...both of you!!! It was so great that you would share your pictures with the boards!!!

Any time the threads get a little "touchy" on the DVC boards, someone makes a joke about 20 people to a room, or swiping pool towels or something to lighten things up. I think that is what some of us were doing here.

Perhaps the person who started this thread wanted to be "light" about it, and it became a little touchy. But don't even worry that you would have to defend yourself to this board.

We LOVED looking at your pictures and are so happy you would share your wedding with all of us, no matter what you wore!

No worries. I didnt want to come across like I was upset because I am not I just want to make sure people know why we were wearing what we were because its a lot more understandable if you know that we were suppossed to get married on the island. I am not upset and actually laughed at everything specially the guy who said I was dressed down. I am surprised I didnt get more made fun of anyway. There were some pics i put on here I was not impressed with myself. I just put them on anyway because I searched everywhere for Disney cruise wedding pics and couldnt find them. Like I said before no worries. I am laughing with you I just want everyone to know that I wasnt suppossed to be married on the palo. Had we known things would work out that way I am sure we could have talked my hubby into something else and maybe......I would have gotten rid of the flip flops. I love them!!!!!;) :jester: princess:

Looking,

I loved the pictures. I had seen them before this thread. You are adorable, a beautiful fun bride. Best wishes to you and your husband, you have certainly chosen a truly special way to start your lives out together.

Rachel

Wide Awake....

Not quite sure what you're trying to insinuate.

Not even sure if you realize how your post is coming across.

Bottom line........

I'm not wearing a $15.99 dress, don't know where that came from.

I like dressing up, cause I like dressing up.

Congrats on being thin and busty.

Can we let it go and just wish each other fun on our cruises without worrying about who is wearing what?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter