palo dinner questions

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I want to book a Palo dinner on our actual anniversary, June 21. Sunset is at 8PM. How long does dinner usually take? Should I try for a 630 reservation or would another time be better? Don't want to be there too late because although the pirate show is not a must-do for us, I would like to see the fireworks.
Also, once I secure the reservation, can I use the "live chat" feature on the DCL website to request a table by a window?

Dinner can easily last 2 hours. Since you want to see the fireworks, I'd suggest booking the 6:30 time slot. Instead of trying the "live chat" now, I'd just wait until onboard and speak with the host/hostess the night before. I'd also plan to arrive early enough to be one of the first seated so that I could ensure we would get a table that faces west for the best sunset view.

Happy Anniversary and have a great cruse!

On our most recent cruise (Dec. 29, 2018- Jan. 4, 2019), our party of 4 had a Palo reservation and we were there about 2 hours. A 6:30 or 7:00 reservation should have you out in time for fireworks. Have a great cruise and a happy anniversary!

I want to book a Palo dinner on our actual anniversary, June 21. Sunset is at 8PM. How long does dinner usually take? Should I try for a 630 reservation or would another time be better? Don't want to be there too late because although the pirate show is not a must-do for us, I would like to see the fireworks.
Also, once I secure the reservation, can I use the "live chat" feature on the DCL website to request a table by a window?

I'm not positive you can add that kind of a request to a Palo reservation ahead of time. What I would recommend is making sure that your cruise reservation indicates that you're celebrating your anniversary, and then either call or stop by Palo once on board to indicate your preference for a window table. I will say that if you book a reservation for 6, which is when they open, that getting a window seat would be almost guaranteed. I assume that you're traveling on the Dream or Fantasy. I don't know if you would want to consider this, but it least for a while they've been putting one table outside next to the Meridian bar. That might make for a really special anniversary meal.

We usually take between 90 minutes and 2 hours to dine in Palo. We book a 6 pm seating, since we are early diners at home and find that main seating in the MDRs and a comparable time in Palo (and Remy on the Fantasy) work best for us. In Palo, we have always been seated at a 2-top table by the windows, onboard Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy (usually the same table on the Magic; I suspect they might even track that, since we’ve sailed on the Magic 8 times in the last 4 years, doing dinner and brunch each time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter