Palo Changes and the New Single Page Navigators

Very true. My dad said he thought he wanted to get an iPhone and my sister and I just shuddered. Teaching our mom how to use hers was bad enough. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

My dad, who would never take a Disney cruise but that's not the point here, does not have a smart phone. He refuses to get one. He had the same Verizon dumb phone for 7 years and only replaced it with a new dumb phone because it died.

Is Palo worth the added expense? Thinking of a special night out for 10th anniversary.

From my TR of our first cruise, Jan 2015:

Our server is Predrag (Serbia) and he is very charming and helpful with his suggestions (or, sometimes, instructions) as we navigate the menu. DW opts to start with the Grilled Portobello and then the Lobster & Mascarpone Ravioli for entrée. I am having a tough time deciding but eventually settle on the White Bean Soup to start and the Angus filet. Predrag starts us off with assorted breads and an antipasti plate. One new thing we learn is to drizzle balsamic vinegar onto chunks of parmesan cheese, it was so good! We have flavoured balsamic vinegars, at home, and were marvelling at the possibilities. For dessert, I consider the tiramisu as it is one of my favourite all time classics. Predrag, however is praising the chocolate soufflé as the house specialty so I relent and DW and I both get the soufflé. It is served with chocolate and vanilla bean sauce and a big dollop of vanilla gelato. Predrag pierces the soufflé, pours both sauces on and drops the gelato into the centre of the soufflé to help cool it. The taste is out of this world; decadently rich, smooth and just the right amount of sweetness. He also brought out a tiramisu just so I wouldn’t miss out on my favourite but after the soufflé, I could only eat half.

If you are planning a cruise, dinner at Palo is an experience you won’t want to miss. This was, quite simply one of the finest dining experiences I have ever had. The quality of the food and the service make it worth every penny. We are really looking forward to returning for the brunch, later in the week.

Palo%20Formal%201.jpeg

I just thought I would share the response I got from DCL regarding the recent changes to both the Palo Brunch and the single page Navigators. It at least gave me some hope for everything.

9/23/16

Dear *******,

Thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line.

I would be happy to assist you.

A test is taking place onboard the ships with the Personal Navigators.
On the day of embarkation, Guests will receive the four page Personal
Navigator that has always been provided. All the other days of the
cruise, Guests will receive a one page information list specific for
that day.

At this time, no definite decision has been made on whether the changes
will be implemented on a continuous basis.

As far as the pizza at Palo, please feel free to request this when you
dine with us. Although not guaranteed, you may also request the
strawberry soup.

We look forward to sailing again with you!

Have a Wonderful Day.

Wilma
Email Guest Services
Disney Cruise Line

I got the same response to my inquiry about the original Navigator. I guess if enough people express their disappointment, they will reverse their decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter