Palo brunch ?s . . .

DVCTigger

DIS Veteran
DH and I are heading on our 9th DCL cruise, but have never done a Palo brunch. We have reservations for our upcoming cruise and had a question. We have seen pics of the "buffet" style foods, but is there a menu to order off of as well? We have been to the dinner, but are curious as to how the brunch works.
TIA

There is no menu. There are buffet areas encompassing just about everything you could want. And they have a separate area of entrees (usually at least six - can't remember but possibly even more) where you actually order to have made for you (and you can order as many as you want). The chicken parm is fabulous. I honestly can't remember everything they offered but I do remember that everyone in our group loved all of it. Including pancakes! Yeah - one of our group ordered pancakes as one of the entrees and someone else in our group tried them and had to order a plate for himself!! It was our first experience and I would do brunch again in an instant.

We did the brunch in July on the Dream and there is a menu to order off of as well. I was under the impression that we would only eat from the buffet foods and was very surprised for them to have us pick out an order as well. I was stuffed after! I ate so much I was embarrassed! :rotfl2: Enjoy!

The servers will take you on a "tour" of the buffet before you grab a plate, and explain everything to you, including the entrees you can have made for you.
You will NOT go hungry!! :goodvibes

Also, because we wanted to sample a bunch of things, we got entrees by the half-order, just so we didn't waste food- just let them know you want a half portion, or that you're splitting one, they'll help you out.

We were at Palo for brunch just 3 days ago. As others said, they will show you the foods that you can order. There were 4 pizzas. I tried the gorgonzola, grape and balsamic pizza... it was amazing! I remember that there was also: chicken parm, tilapia, pancakes, tomato soup, veal, oysters rockefeller, and a few egg dishes like a frittata and eggs benedict. There may have been another couple of items. I had the chicken parm and it was delicious, as usual.

Definitely try the pizzas. Best ever. LOVE their tilapia and I won't even go into the dessert selections :thumbsup2 We actually enjoy the Palo brunch more than the dinner.

Grape Pizza. 'nuff said.

oh and about 5 kinds of eggs benedict as well as other entrees.. like chicken parm and veggie frittata.

Bloody Mary shrimp. DH thought they were the best. Of course he thought they were just shrimp in small cocktail glasses. He had five, then found out they really were in a Bloody Mary

DSC_2728.jpg

DSC_2725.jpg

DSC_2730.jpg

DSC_2731.jpg

DSC_2733.jpg

DSC_2734.jpg

DSC_2735.jpg

DSC_2738.jpg

DSC_2737.jpg

DSC_2736.jpg

DSC_2739.jpg

DSC_2741.jpg

DSC_2742.jpg

DSC_2743.jpg

DSC_2744.jpg

DSC_2745.jpg

DSC_2746.jpg

Seriously the grape and blue cheese pizza is the best thing EVER! We love brunch and will never cruise without it!

Remember you can get a plate of desserts to go.
On our 25th anniversary cruise, we did the brunch, even after we ate the buffet, ordered items, and two times through the dessert line our waiter stated that we did not eat enough; he made us up a dessert plate to take back to our room. We took it with us to the movie that evening.

It's buffet and well-worth the price. A very nice experience with a nice selection of food.

Remeber you can get a plate of desserts to go.
On our 25th anniversary cruise, we did the bruch, even after we ate the buffet, ordered items, and two times through the dessert line our waiter stated that we did not eat enough; he made us up a dessert plate to take back to our room. We took it with us to the movie that evening.

I couldn't finish all of my desserts and asked if I could take my chocolate-covered strawberries back for my dd. My server brought me an entire plate of said strawberries to take to dd! She was thrilled! :cloud9:

Well, there really isn't a printed "menu." There are items that are served buffet style, and items that can be made to order, but they don't have a printed menu. Your server will show you what's available when you arrive.

I was told on the last cruise that I did the brunch (didn't do it on the Dream) that there is actually no alcohol in the Bloody Mary shooters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter