Palo Brunch or Remy Champaign Brunch?

Palo Brunch or Remy Champaign Brunch

• Palo Brunch

• Remy Champaign Brunch

Results are only viewable after voting.

PrettyPrincessJen

Disney Princess
I am trying to decide which Brunch to do on our upcoming cruise. We already have a dinner reservation at Remy with out a wine pairing. I am still torn between the two brunches. I am leaning towards the Palo so we would see both restaurants and it is cheaper. ;) Which would you choose and why?

Remy Champagne Brunch.

Palo Brunch was nice, the Remy Champagne Brunch was an experience. (We ate there back in June 2012 when it was not bookable online and the $50 included the champagne)

I've done both and enjoyed both. I am only able to do one during my upcoming 4 nighter on the Dream and I chose Palo. I preferred the Remy dinner over the brunch so for me a Remy dinner and a Palo brunch would be a great combination if you are only doing 2 special meals.

I've done both and enjoyed both. I am only able to do one during my upcoming 4 nighter on the Dream and I chose Palo. I preferred the Remy dinner over the brunch so for me a Remy dinner and a Palo brunch would be a great combination if you are only doing 2 special meals.

Really can't go wrong either way, but push come to shove, I'd also go with the Palo Brunch. :cool1:

2 different experiences. Palo is a buffet with a hot entree option and I feel is more casual. Remy is a fixed menu plated lunch.

Where's the option to choose both. ;)

Jill in CO

I prefer Remy brunch over Palo brunch hands down. PPs are right; Remy is an experience. The food at Palo brunch is good, but pales in comparison to Remy. I've only done Palo dinner & not Remy yet, so I can't comment on that (but I prefer Palo brunch over Palo dinner).

Having your choice, I'd probably do the Remy dinner & Palo brunch so you can try both, then do the reverse on your next cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I haven't done either, but we have a reservation for Palo brunch in May. There seemed to be several ingredients that I don't like at the Remy brunch (eggs, mushrooms, beef, etc.) so that swayed my decision. I also figure I can still have champagne or some other adult beverage at Palo brunch.

Have done both and love both for different reasons. If on a longer cruise, I'm doing both no question. When DW and I do our 4 night Dream without kids and we have 1 sea day, she already said she wants Remy dinner and Palo brunch. She loves the variety at Palo brunch and the DESSERT TABLE!!!

In your case, you have the Remy dinner and wine parings planned. I would try the Palo brunch. You can always look forward to trying Remy lunch another cruise :thumbsup2

Is Remy brunch not a great idea if you aren't a seafood eater (or vegetarian, etc)? Are alternatives courses offered?
Just booked a 4-night next month, and shoreside concierge is asking for our dining reservation requests ;)
Any feedback from those who've had a special request for the fixed menu would be appreciated!

Is Remy brunch not a great idea if you aren't a seafood eater (or vegetarian, etc)? Are alternatives courses offered?
Just booked a 4-night next month, and shoreside concierge is asking for our dining reservation requests ;)
Any feedback from those who've had a special request for the fixed menu would be appreciated!

DH did fine (shellfish allergy) & there was a vegan couple that had been there previously and looked like they were enjoying themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have very similar opinions to texasgirl's. I've also done both brunches, as well, and I prefer Palo for the variety. I find the Remy dinner to be more of the dining experience than brunch. I'd rather book both brunch and dinner at Palo (different days!) and a Remy dinner.

I agree - love the Remy dinner, love the Palo brunch. Wasn't quite as happy with the Remy brunch - not UNhappy, just preferred the Palo brunch better. The REmy brunch was like the dinner but with less food. Palo brunch there is lots of food and the layout is so gorgeous. Remy dinner is quite an experience.

I have very similar opinions to texasgirl's. I've also done both brunches, as well, and I prefer Palo for the variety. I find the Remy dinner to be more of the dining experience than brunch. I'd rather book both brunch and dinner at Palo (different days!) and a Remy dinner.

Agree with most of the PPs. LOVED Remy dinner and really, really enjoyed brunch at Remy AND Palo. Given a choice, and since you've already got the Remy dinner locked in, I would definitely go with Palo brunch for the variety!

If you're booked to do Remy dinner, then do Palo brunch. You will not be disappointed in the array of foods and your stomach will hurt afterwards from eating so much. :)

We always do a Palo dinner and brunch because they are that worthwhile. We did do a Remy dinner on New Year's Eve 2011 and it was fantastic. This year, we did B2B cruises and decided to do 2 Palo dinners, 1 Palo brunch and to try the Remy brunch, with champagne.

It was truly an EXPERIENCE. Everything was delicious and the champagne really completed each taste experience. Having said that, I would not do Remy every cruise -- it's just all a bit much and not only price-wise. But it is an experience you should try at least once. We might do it again in a couple years or so but it's definitely not something that we want to do every cruise. It's just too over the top for us.

Thanks for all the replies. I was surprised to see the majority of the vote for Palo Brunch. I believe we will do our Remy Dinner and choose the Palo Brunch. I'm thrilled!!! Only 51 days left :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter