Palo Brunch or Dinner???

rjeash

Mouseketeer
We are doing the 4 night wonder cruise in Sept and I am wondering which would be better for DH and me. The author's of Passporter say the forego going to Parrot Cay dinner for Palo because you can eat in Parrot Cay for breakfast or lunch. I thought we would try to get the later dinner on our duplicated night but that might be the Pirate night which the kiddos are excited about (me too!) So my question is this, keep all the dinner as scheduled and go to brunch or forgo PC and dine as the sun is setting at Palo?

Thanks!

Until our last cruises in February, I had never dined in Palo for brunch. Until that time I would have told you to do whatever you had to in order to eat dinner in Palo. However . . . now that I've seen the light

B R U N C H

hands down is the best meal on the entire ship!!!

4113124954.jpg

4114361168.jpg

1915647233.jpg

1917051722.jpg

4114347003.jpg

4113122624.jpg

Variety, variety, and more variety :goodvibes

I agree with all of the other posts 100%. On our last cruise we were with two other couples and we did both brunch and dinner. Everyone in our group raved about the Brunch. Dinner was nice too. But in particular for me, Brunch was out of this world! There were so many choices from the different tables and teh pasta dish I got as my main course was phenomenal. We are going back again in June and I told DH that Palo Brunch had to be on our itinerary.

We've done both dinner and brunch, and each are fantastic. My wife cannot go without the chocolate souffle at dinner, and I cannot go without the crab legs and caviar at brunch, so we do both.

We have done and loved both, but my first choice would be brunch.

We have had dinner at Palo twice and brunch once and I think now we will only do brunch! It's so good with all of the variety.

Love them both. We've had dinner twice, brunch once.

Pros for dinner: atmosphere, get to dress up (I like to do this), romantic, attentive service.

Pros for brunch: great food, great view, great service

Can't think of any cons for either unless you have kids (sorry, don't remember if you said either way), and they don't like the clubs, are too young to go, etc. I know for us, it's easier to get the kids to stay in the club/do some other activity (like the movies) at night than in the morning during a sea day when they want to go to the pools before they get too crowded.

Have a great trip,
Julie

What are our chances to book both???

Its gonna be our first Disney cruise, well our first cruise ever:rolleyes1

And I know we won't be able to go to DCL for a long time, and since its gonna be our anniversary cruise I would like to make it extra special for DH:love:

Thanks!

When are you going in Sept? We're going 9/9.

Do you have to make reservations for brunch? Is it the extra $10 too? I didn't know they did brunch.

Yes, you do have to make reservation for Brunch and it is also a $10 fee, and well worth it. you also get a glass of champagne with brunch, and the food is amazing.

Do you make reservations when you get there? I've never been and really wasn't interested in going for dinner - but I think I would like brunch.

DO BOTH!!!!! They were both amazing, but I do have to say I have never had so many choices or eaten as much as the brunch. All I can say is WOW!

We did both, and weren't able to make reservations on line at the 90 day out for Castaway Club members. We've never had trouble getting dinner (this is on a seven night) and if you're flexible with dinner, you should have a good chance at getting that.

Now tea is the one I can never get.

Julie

You should be able to do both.
Make your reservation on the morning of the first day your window opens for reservations. I got up at 3am:coffee: and was able to get a reservation for both with no problems. If you miss out, just try to book as soon as you get on board. :thumbsup2

We have done both and it is a 50-50 split with us too! We plan to have dinner at Palo the first night and brunch on our day at sea on our 4 night in 2008. I just hope Animator's Palace is not our first dining rotation!

As SOON as you board the ship, ask where you can make PALO reservations. They will have a table set up and will take reservations First Come First Served. We made our Resvs at Studio Sea last time. They ALWAYS keep some for last minute travelers. Even if it says "sold out" on the website, you can book on board. Just make SURE you get there early, and go STRAIGHT to reservs.

On the 4 night, I would do Brunch - then book a 7 night one and do both!

I own my own travel agency for cruises, and we suggest you get your feet "wet" with a 3 or 4 night, then book a 7 night (or longer) one later. It's really the BEST way to enjoy the wonderful ship.

We sail on August 12, for four nights. But I really want to do brunch. Do I really have to get up at 3 am to get it? Can I wait until 6 am?? Is it going to be that popular? I didn't think my particular cruise was a crowded time to sail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter