Palo brunch Gluten Free

VbChristy

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation for Palo brunch, but am now gluten free as a result of an allergy. As such, will there be options for me that are fun??? Who has experience with brunch GF. I will be on the Magic in January. Thank you.

I have a reservation for Palo brunch, but am now gluten free as a result of an allergy. As such, will there be options for me that are fun??? Who has experience with brunch GF. I will be on the Magic in January. Thank you.

We did Palo Brunch. I have Celiac, so I'm also gluten free. It was WONDERFUL. There is plenty to eat. They have a hot station where they cook to order, so you'll be able to get something you'll enjoy. The desserts were wonderful as well.

I am also a coeliac and had a fantastic brunch in Palos whilst on board the Magic for the eastbound transatlantic last May. The chef came and spoke with me and offered me lots of the hot items as GF, I had one of the grape and Gorgonzola pizzas made with a gf base and I can honestly say it was one of the best gf pizzas I have ever eaten. It was a fresh made base and not a pre packaged one. I also had a gf version of the chicken parmesan and was offered gf pancakes as well. Lots of the cold buffet is suitable because it's mainly cold cuts and seafood. Desserts are a little bit trickier but there was options like Pana cotta and different types of mousses that where all gf. My server also brought me over a plate of some extra choc dipped strawberries.

So if your experience is like mine then you will have a fab meal, enjoy yourself and have fun

Thank you for the responses! And I am very happy to hear about the GF chicken Parm - I was hoping they'd offer that!

Anyone know if they can do a GF chocolate soufflé at dinner at Palo??? We have a res there too for our upcoming cruise.

Thank you for the responses! And I am very happy to hear about the GF chicken Parm - I was hoping they'd offer that!

Anyone know if they can do a GF chocolate soufflé at dinner at Palo??? We have a res there too for our upcoming cruise.

YES they can. :) They can also do a gluten free grand marnier soufflé in the main dining rooms. IMO, it's even better than the chocolate one. NOT that the chocolate one was bad. It was amazing. I just thought the other was even better!

YES they can. :) They can also do a gluten free grand marnier soufflé in the main dining rooms. IMO, it's even better than the chocolate one. NOT that the chocolate one was bad. It was amazing. I just thought the other was even better!

Oh I love you- thank you!!! :) This is my first big trip after being diagnosed celiac and I was hoping that I didn't have to miss out on all the fun!

Oh I love you- thank you!!! :) This is my first big trip after being diagnosed celiac and I was hoping that I didn't have to miss out on all the fun!

Don't be afraid to ask about stuff you'd like! One day, the buffet had a ton of things that were not celiac friendly, and none of the few things that were sounded good. They made me a fresh plate of grilled chicken with sautéed veggies. It was delightful! Another time, at lunch, the chef asked if I wanted to preorder anything for the next day. Because it's not often that gluten free people can get it, I decided to ask if they could do fried chicken. The next day, they had a huge plate of it ready for me when we came in for lunch. :)

Don't be afraid to ask about stuff you'd like! One day, the buffet had a ton of things that were not celiac friendly, and none of the few things that were sounded good. They made me a fresh plate of grilled chicken with sautéed veggies. It was delightful! Another time, at lunch, the chef asked if I wanted to preorder anything for the next day. Because it's not often that gluten free people can get it, I decided to ask if they could do fried chicken. The next day, they had a huge plate of it ready for me when we came in for lunch. :)

Great advice- thank you!

We did Palo Brunch. I have Celiac, so I'm also gluten free. It was WONDERFUL. There is plenty to eat. They have a hot station where they cook to order, so you'll be able to get something you'll enjoy. The desserts were wonderful as well.
I am Celiac too and just wanted to add my voice..Lots to eat at Palo. The major chef on the Magic came and talked to me and said his daughter was Celiac and he made me bread from scratch( Non Gluten) and I order the chocolate souffle at dinner..wonderful experience..

I am also a coeliac and had a fantastic brunch in Palos whilst on board the Magic for the eastbound transatlantic last May. The chef came and spoke with me and offered me lots of the hot items as GF, I had one of the grape and Gorgonzola pizzas made with a gf base and I can honestly say it was one of the best gf pizzas I have ever eaten. It was a fresh made base and not a pre packaged one. I also had a gf version of the chicken parmesan and was offered gf pancakes as well. Lots of the cold buffet is suitable because it's mainly cold cuts and seafood. Desserts are a little bit trickier but there was options like Pana cotta and different types of mousses that where all gf. My server also brought me over a plate of some extra choc dipped strawberries.

So if your experience is like mine then you will have a fab meal, enjoy yourself and have fun

::yes:: I did brunch on the EBTA too and it was fabulous! Lots to chose from..wonderful!!:thumbsup2

Yep:thumbsup2 you will love it..We had Kat as our server on the Magic at Palo..she was wonderful!

Palo was wonderful at dinner, and the gluten free soufflé is fantastic. I felt truly spoilt.

The gluten-free desserts at brunch were scarce - some fruit, and a panna cotta, which I'm not a fan of - and they had no other options when I said I was disappointed, but I enjoyed the savoury dishes.

Palo was wonderful at dinner, and the gluten free soufflé is fantastic. I felt truly spoilt.

The gluten-free desserts at brunch were scarce - some fruit, and a panna cotta, which I'm not a fan of - and they had no other options when I said I was disappointed, but I enjoyed the savoury dishes.

You were lucky. They wouldn't do a GF soufflé for me. OTOH, there were a few parfait cups at brunch that I used to eat before I had to go GF, and I asked them to make them GF for me. They just had to eliminate the cookie bottoms. One was a strawberry and cream type dessert. I can't remember what the other one was. Now, what I'd really love is some GF cinnamon rolls. I really miss those.

You were lucky. They wouldn't do a GF soufflé for me. OTOH, there were a few parfait cups at brunch that I used to eat before I had to go GF, and I asked them to make them GF for me. They just had to eliminate the cookie bottoms. One was a strawberry and cream type dessert. I can't remember what the other one was. Now, what I'd really love is some GF cinnamon rolls. I really miss those.

Did you make your request 24 hours in advance? Any time you ask them to do something special, they like to have 24 hours advance notice. It gives them time to make sure they can do it.

Did you make your request 24 hours in advance? Any time you ask them to do something special, they like to have 24 hours advance notice. It gives them time to make sure they can do it.

Yes. I asked when we got onboard. I went to Palo and asked if I should pre-order anything and they said no, that they would make everything when I ordered it. I probably talked to a newbie who didn't know what he was talking about. I'm going to demand (nicely, of course) one (or two, to make up for the one I didn't get last time) this summer on the Magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter