Palo brunch for two?

sadiecatie

DIS Veteran
Any idea when, if at all, they will release reservations for smaller parties if there is still availability? I'm feeling frustrated, because Palo brunch is showing as available for one of our sea days, but it won't let me book (I'm assuming because we're a party of two and they are holding back reservations for larger groups). (other days are actually showing as "sold out")

It's actually probably that there's only space for one - not that they are holding back for large parties

It's actually probably that there's only space for one - not that they are holding back for large parties
That isn’t the case with Palo, it’s done by table sizes.

So likely there are only 4+ tops available.

They won’t release that table pre cruise to a smaller party. Your best shot is keep checking.

DCL will generally hold back some reservations for Palo. When you get onboard, check the Navigator App for where they are taking reservations for Palo on board, go to that place and you should be able to get a table. If you are on the Wonder, it will be in the French Quarter lounge. Guests will combine reservations and often free up some tables.

I'm not sure they ever do to be honest.... at that point I'd assume you need to check onboard unless there is a cancellation. We sail in 17 days and its been the same on our cruise so far. It's frustrating to say the least; I'd rather they just not act like there is availability if they won't let you book it.

Just keep checking! People cancel! I couldn't get a reservation for two of us until just about a week ago. We sail in a month. Everything I have booked was because I kept checking. Nothing was available at my 75 days.

Just out of curiosity, I tried for just one of us - no go. So yeah, I'm betting it's that they only have 4-tops or bigger that they're keeping available right now.

Just keep checking! People cancel! I couldn't get a reservation for two of us until just about a week ago. We sail in a month. Everything I have booked was because I kept checking. Nothing was available at my 75 days.
Always good to hear! I'll keep checking.

I did know that you can check on-board if nothing comes up ahead of time, and that's in my plans. It's just frustrating to see it "available" and then not be able to book.

There are two table sizes: 2/4 and 5+. If it shows "availability", but does not allow you to reserve, it is due to your party size vs. table sizes available - they will not put a party of 4 or fewer at a table for 5 or more via the online reservation system.

From experience - the 2/4 book quickly and the 5+ usually remain available a bit longer.

From experience - the 2/4 book quickly and the 5+ usually remain available a bit longer.
That's what we've seen. Sometimes it's the case that linked staterooms have people with different CC levels so the Gold are able to book but Silver have to wait and book separately. Then they combine them on the ship (we've done that) which then takes out the bigger tables and frees up two or more smaller tables which allows them to then accommodate smaller parties. They may also hold some back for people to book on board. So definitely try when on board. We also once got put on the waitlist and were contacted but we had something else scheduled at that time so had to decline.

I have a party of 3 that I was unable to book even though it showed as available

I tried to book a party of 3 but was unable. However I was able to book a party of 1 and a party of 2 for the same time. Once onboard I will go and combine the reservations.

I tried to book a party of 3 but was unable. However I was able to book a party of 1 and a party of 2 for the same time. Once onboard I will go and combine the reservations.
I have had that experience before. From my understanding there are three table sizes 1/2, 3/4, and 5+. Most of the time the 1/2 go first but looks like you encountered a sailing where the 3/4 tops when first. I’ve had that happen before, but they have always been able to combine on the ship.

We had the same thing happen! So crazy!

I snagged a 10am reservation on Day 2. Unfortunately, I also have a royal gathering reservation for the kids at 11:30. While I guess it technically works, it’s a bit tight on time since we’d also have to pick up the kids from the club.

Day 6 is also showing availability but can’t book for 2. And 24 hours cancellation would go into effect before we board. Any ideas?

Any idea when, if at all, they will release reservations for smaller parties if there is still availability? I'm feeling frustrated, because Palo brunch is showing as available for one of our sea days, but it won't let me book (I'm assuming because we're a party of two and they are holding back reservations for larger groups). (other days are actually showing as "sold out")
I had exactly the same problem before my March Wish cruise, but once on board, I requested to be put on the waiting list for Palo Brunch and got notified with a push notification the next day that I had a reservation on Nassau day. This was perfect because I wasn’t planning to get off the ship. It was an exceptionally good brunch!

I snagged a 10am reservation on Day 2. Unfortunately, I also have a royal gathering reservation for the kids at 11:30. While I guess it technically works, it’s a bit tight on time since we’d also have to pick up the kids from the club.

Day 6 is also showing availability but can’t book for 2. And 24 hours cancellation would go into effect before we board. Any ideas?
Keep both brunch and the gathering! I’m sure they will help you adjust onboard.

Keep checking every day! I was able to book for our party of 3 this morning for our day at sea. 33 days out from sailing. So excited!

I was shocked to be able to book a Palo brunch for 2 and a dinner today for our Wish cruise—we are just lowly Silvers so I did not expect that at all. However, does anyone know if you can modify a reservation to see if better times or days open up? A
I would like to maybe switch a time, but since it’s booked I can’t see any other availability without cancelling and I’m too afraid it will be snatched away!

I would like to adjust too! I am a first time cruiser but my birthday is a day at sea. I found a 12:00 reservation for hubby and I on my birthday and was so excited I grabbed it!!! I would love something earlier than noon but I refuse to cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter