• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo advice!!!

downunder

Mouseketeer
I am going on the DCL in January for 4 nights. I have made a ressie for Palo on the last night of the cruise.

I dont want to miss out on eating at Animators Palette. WHat happens if my night to eat at AP is the night i have palo booked???? DO you usually eat at AP on the last night or would this be more of a earlier nights dinner?

Help!

What night you eat at AP depends on what rotation you have, example: ATP would have you eating at AP on the first and last night of your cruise. You won't find out your rotation until you get your Key to the World card though. If you find it conflicts with your Palo ressie, you should be able to go to wherever they're doing onboard Palo ressies and see about switching it to another night.

But in that case, wouldn't the first night be the "show" night, and the last night of the cruise would be a "regular" menu with no show? So OP wouldn't miss the AP show.

Lisa

I worried about this on my recent 4 night cruise too and it worked out fine. Chances are, you won't have Animators on your last night, but if you do, just go to Diversions or guest services (can't remember which) and ask to have your rotation switched. The rotations are APPT, TAAP, and PTTA. So if you get either of the first two, you'll be fine. If you can't switch the rotation, then maybe you could switch your Palo night.

If you're on a 4 night, then the last night is a "repeat" night at whatever restaurant you visited the first night (as others have said), so therefore, eating at Palo the last night is actually a great way to ensure you get to experience the full atmosphere of each restaurant, particularly since Animators only runs the show on nights 1-3.

Our rotation last month was PTTA, the second and third night repeat but one of those nights is pirate night.pirate:

Although I've never been to Palo's, I wouldn't sacrifice it for Animator's Palate. I didn't find that AP lived up to the hype. Yes, it started in black and white and eventually more colors were added and the waiters changed their outfits. Even my son, who had been looking forward to this restaurant after seeing the promo video, was very unimpressed. He said, "That's it?"

I very rarely hear anyone complain that Palo's didn't live up to it's hype.

That happened to us in September! Our Palo's and 1st night at AP were the same. As soon as we boarded, we were able to go change our dining rotation - it took all of 5 minutes in Wavebands. That way we got the best of both worlds - Palo's and AP!

If you're on a 4 night, then the last night is a "repeat" night at whatever restaurant you visited the first night (as others have said), so therefore, eating at Palo the last night is actually a great way to ensure you get to experience the full atmosphere of each restaurant, particularly since Animators only runs the show on nights 1-3.

Last night is NOT a repeat night. Third night, pirates night, is when you will repeat a restaurant.

Although I've never been to Palo's, I wouldn't sacrifice it for Animator's Palate. I didn't find that AP lived up to the hype. Yes, it started in black and white and eventually more colors were added and the waiters changed their outfits. Even my son, who had been looking forward to this restaurant after seeing the promo video, was very unimpressed. He said, "That's it?"

I very rarely hear anyone complain that Palo's didn't live up to it's hype.

COuld not agree more. Actually my DKs did not even notice until I pointed it out to them at the end and my DS is a very detailed kid. I think it appears better on the video or on the cable show. Actually, if I had not seen on the video that the staff change the vest they wear, I do not even think I would have noticed. Not on my last cruise, but one of the others, I can not remember which, some of the servers were running behind in time and you could tell that as it was time to switch vest and come out clapping, they were actually very annoyed. Almost to say, I have to finish my dinner service here. So as the other poster said, I would not miss Palos to see what people call "the show". Just relax and do not stree.:hippie:

It is not even a "change of vest", but rather they turn it inside out. It might be herisy to say, but the food is very average. If you can change Palo to 2nd or 3rd night, do it. But, otherwise go to Palo and don't think twice. Palo is a top resturant even on land. I hope I don't get flamed for dising AP. :laughing:

Let me add, I am a "foodie". I've eaten in many top end resturants in many cities. Palo measures up to many top end resturants.

I worried about this on my recent 4 night cruise too and it worked out fine. Chances are, you won't have Animators on your last night, but if you do, just go to Diversions or guest services (can't remember which) and ask to have your rotation switched. The rotations are APPT, TAAP, and PTTA. So if you get either of the first two, you'll be fine. If you can't switch the rotation, then maybe you could switch your Palo night.

should i try and change my ressie to the 1st, 2nd or 3rd night. I dont want to miss the pirate night! Is that on the 3rd night?

Pirate night is the third night, and the only repeat night. If you don't want to miss it, you will miss one of the restaurants. Unless you are willing to double dip...go to early dining in the main restaurant, late to Palo, etc.

(personally, I would miss Pirate night in the dining room, just not the on deck party/show/fireworks.)

I agree - I would miss the pirate menu in the restaurant - BUT DON'T MISS PALO. It was the best dining experience for us the entire time. Also, I may be strange - but I wasn't all that impressed with AP. It was good and all, but nothing like I had expected. We really didn't have good servers, so that may have been what the problem was for us with all the dining rooms.

If it were me I would book Palo for the first night, at the opposite time of when your dinner rotation is. So if you have early dinner I'd book Palo for 8:00 or so and if you have late dinner I would book Palo for 6:00 or so. Then, if I ended up with AP on the first night I'd still go for the show but just order an appetizer and I would skip the shop in the Walt Disney Theater (Welcome Aboard Show that night). If I didn't have AP on the first night I'd skip my rotational dining and go to Palo instead and see the show before or after.

With this plan you won't miss any of the three main stage shows, you won't miss Pirate Night and you won't miss the Animator's show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter