Paleo Diet

mumm4jenn-there were 365 million years between the disappearance of the last dinasour and the appearance of the 1st humaniod primates-but the mental image made me giggle.

Good..That is what I was going for!! I did realize that when I wrote it but it was still good for the mental image!!!

Just use South Beach as a guide line. It is the same principle, good fats, high protein, healthy carbs and avoidance of processed foods. You'll lose and maintain if you stick with it as a plan for life and not look at it as a diet.

No its not-it incorporates both Dairy and artificial sweetners-Paleo includes NOTHING that is not a part of the evolutionary diet-NOTHING that was added to the human diet in the last 10 THOUSAND years-that includes Dairy, Grain and most importantly artificial anything. There are a number of things in the daily food plan she shows that are not "Paleo" but she says she is working up to it-she will have to loose the corn, beans, cheese and cashews-but its a learning process and little hard to go cold turkey on.

If you're looking to limit processed foods without being as strict as Paleo, you might want to check out the Mediterranean Diet. There are a few websites that explain it. Basically, it's leans meats, fruits and veggies, whole grains and low or non-fat dairy. You can have whole wheat breads and pastas, brown rice, couscous and oatmeal. Plus, you can have low or non-fat milk and cheese. It's still a little strict but not as hard to stick to. My doctor recommended it for me last year and it helped me reduce my cholesterol and triglycerides plus I lost 25 lbs!

The Mediterranean Diet is basically the Weight Watchers Core Plan Diet.

Thanks for all the input guys! Like some of you have said, I am working on it slowly but surely and have not fully committed to it yet, but I think it is something that I can get used to (with some initial self-control ;))

One of the concerns we discussed today in our "nutrition" part of our bootcamp is about breakfast. I have been eating 2 eggs each morning for about the past week and am starting to think about the cholesterol side of that... I think once I get a handle on paleo, I may cut back to eggs 2-3 times a week instead of every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter