Palau.....

CathrynRose

<font color=brown>R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P
Anyone ever heard of this place?

We sold something on eBay. This little guitar tuner thingee.... we get the dudes address, and it's this weird address - and says 'Palau PM - United States'

Where in the heck is that?

It shipped out fine - didnt cost an arm and leg, but was anyone else aware of this little chunk of the county, not hooked on the country?

yeah, a firefighter from NYC won that one.

It's in the Philippines. I think it was a territory of the US at one point, but now it is a nation.

http://www.visit-palau.com/aboutpalau/history.html

A little bit about their history and current status. Interesting.

"Following Japan's defeat in WWII, the Carolines, Marianas and Marshall Islands became United Nations Trust Territories under U.S. administration, with Palau being named as one of six island districts. As part of its mandate, the U.S. was to improve Palau's infrastructure and educational system in order for it to become a self-sufficient nation. This finally came about on October 1, 1994, when Palau gained its independence upon the signing of the Compact of Free Association with the United States."

I have a friend from Palau. It is beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter