Pal Mickey

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
What are peoples experiences of this? I know that a new one is coming out in May so I may buy one when I am there in June.

I take it that it must run on batteries of some sort - do they last a while or does it eat them up?

As always, any tips or hints are welcomed!!

Have not used one myself but have seen lots of people with them in the parks - a few people even had them dressed up in fancy little outfits!!!

Why not hire one for the day - I think they are around $8 and I think you get the hire price deducted of the total cost if you decide to purchase it! :cool1:

If you put "pal mickey" into the search link it comes up with quite a few threads about him. :Pinkbounc

Hi Nick!

We bought Pal Mickey on our last trip. If you are a real Disney fan then you will probably like him. He tells corny jokes and has a few little games which my children had fun with.

We were hoping he would give us "tips" about where characters had appeared and where lines were short etc and he may have done this but we found it difficult to hear him, LOL.

He is very cute and a nice souvineer though :)

Karen

We bought one of these cost was a bit steep about $50 uses AA batteries a lot DS 7 really got a lot out of using it while CMs were intersted in it as well. Seemed to be heavily marketed in resort though did give v usefull info ride times. Just remember to switch him on, when in parks and off when out.

POR Xmas 2004

I think I'll go for it and make sure I bring some batteries with me!! It's another excuse to buy an AP as I believe you get a free T-Shirt for him!! :earsboy:

*looks proud* my pal mickey lasted a year before he needed new batteries :cool2:

He got a lovely operation in Animal Kingdom preformed by one of the cms. :goodvibes

Always the same shop i go into looking for emergency batteries or hats :hyper2:

I bought a pal mickey in my visit in 2003, theyd just started appearing around the parks then. My gf and i found him great, he was particularly useful in Epcot and Animal Kingdom. He gives out a load of tips and various information on the parks. Also found him quite educational in epcot with his facts around the world (ok not that educational but still...hes fun!)

So i second your decision for gettin him! :)

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter