Pal Mickey Ques?

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know the prices? I know that there will be a new one out for the celebration when we go and I think it's around $60. WIll we still be able to buy the regular one and how much is it? Ds will be 15 mths so we thought we'd get the regular one if possible. Thanks!

:wave2: Pal Mickey 3 years ago,love him.New I think is $66.00 sorry don't know if old version will still be avalible at parks or not. :goodvibes :wizard:

The new one is already out I think, people have them on eBay for sale. They are the same price as the old version. Why would you want the old version for a young child? The new one has new features like it comes w/a lanyard to carry it with.

If you dont mind the older one why not check on ebay or something for a gently used one? There was no way that I had $65 for one (the other girls want to do pin trading) but I got one for $35 and got fewer pins so now I can have both :flower:

You'll have to check Ebay, because the orignal Pal Mickey is no longer sold in the Parks.

Forevryoung said:
If you dont mind the older one why not check on ebay or something for a gently used one? There was no way that I had $65 for one (the other girls want to do pin trading) but I got one for $35 and got fewer pins so now I can have both :flower:

The new version 2.0 has such significant improvements/additions, that it is worth paying a few dollars more for.
And the difference in price, between what is selling on eBay, and buying a Pal in the park, is very small.

Every once in a while, a Used version 1.0 Pal, will sell at about the $35, plus about $8 postage ($43).
Be sure and ask the seller if it is a version 1.0 or 1.1 or 2.0 (once these start showing up).
There are some improvements in version 1.1 over 1.0.
There are significant additions to verison 2.0.

I have watched the eBay market, for Pal Mickey, very closely, for almost 2 months.
I did ask some sellers what version they were selling.
Most often the seller has version 1.0.
One seller had a few of version 1.1 and mostly version 1.0, however was not willing to add to her listing, which auctions were for version 1.1. She was selling old rentals.
A few sellers, who were re-selling Pals that they had purchased in the parks, had version 1.1.
If this information was added to the listing the Pal did sell for slightly higher then the used version 1.0.

The average selling price, for New In Box (mostly version 1.0) was $50.28 before shipping.
The average selling price, for a used Pal was 44.96 before shipping. The average shipping cost was 8.17. One person had free shipping, however that Pal sold for over $50.

I gathered this data from mid February through early April. I think I got every Pal Mickey that sold, but may have missed a few.
I did not average in a 0, if the Pal did not sell.
I also excluded, from my average, the Pal that sold for $79 (plus shipping).

Based on the above data, unless I was after a New version 1.0 for a collection, I would not purchase on eBay.
I just don't see that, after shipping is paid, there is really enough savings to justify buying an older version, unless it is for a collection.

- Eileen

The new version 2.0 Pal is supposed to sell for $65. For those with an annual Pass the price will be $60 (plus you get a free T-Shirt for your Pal).

I got this information from a discussion inside the Pal Mickey discussion group at www.magicaldisney.com.
The source of this information has shown to be credible.

- Eileen

Ilovestitch said:
The new one is already out I think, people have them on eBay for sale. They are the same price as the old version. Why would you want the old version for a young child? The new one has new features like it comes w/a lanyard to carry it with.

I think there is some confusion here.
Some of the eBay listings have mentioned that they have the newer 1.1 version (as opposed to the 1.0 version).

I have not seen any eBay listings for the version 2.0.

I have heard, that version 2.0 is in the WDW Parks, but has not yet been put out for sale.
Some may have been put out for sale, at one point, because someone (in one of these disboards groups) mentioned having seen one, for sale, in the MK.

- Eileen

Forevryoung said:
How do you know (by looking at it or is there a tag) if its 1.0 or 1.1?

Look inside. The color of the electronic housing is one way to tell. The 1.1 has a black box, and the 1.0 has a white box.

There is probably another way to tell, but I don't know what it is.

- Eileen

Does anyone know if you were to buy the Pal Mickey 2.0 version on Ebay before going to Disney if it needs to be "upgraded" or anything when you actually get to WDW as opposed to waiting and buying him in the parks??? Just wondering if anyone knew this or not??? :confused3 :confused3
Kristy

eileenfk~ Wow! You really did your reaserch. Thanks for sharing. I think I will just wait.

And $100 bucks!?!?! No thanks!

Another question~ Can you use a one the was from Disnyland at WDW? Didn't know if that would work. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter