• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pal Mickey Price

Coach81

DIS Veteran
My oldest wants a pal mickey. I'm looking for info.. here are my questions:

1. What is a new one going for in Disneyworld? We are checking ebay, and want to know what is a fair price for a used compared to a new.

2. Is it worth it? Is it cool, or really not worth it?

Thanks,
Coach

do the old ones still work?

we bought one in 2006 and with the name change of MGM and just the time that has gone by will it still work?

to answer your #2 question - ya we think it was worth it - even if it doesn't work the next time we go down - our daughter is now 2.5 years old and has started watching the new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and whenever she found the Pal Mickey it has become hers while MM is on. it's really fun to watch her.

I forget how much we paid. I think it is worth, it lots of fun:woohoo:, just remember if you don't shut him off out of no where he sometimes comes out w/something:rotfl:, maybe that's part of the fun:goodvibes.

I'm going to send this over to the Theme Park board, as it isn;t a DVC related topic.

do the old ones still work?

we bought one in 2006 and with the name change of MGM and just the time that has gone by will it still work?

All versions of Pal Mickey continue to work in all 4 theme parks at WDW.

I don't think Pal Mickey ever says the name "Disney/MGM Studios," anyway.

New Pal's cost $65, plus tax.
He's available at all the parks, DTD, and all the resort gift shops.

We got ours 2 years ago for $75. It's worth it at first, then the damn thing won't shut up, to the point where I can do a perfect Mickey impression now.

We love our Pal Mickey and bought our first one (Long story) off ebay. He works fine. FYI when you think Pal Mickey is having a grand mal seizure, change his batteries, no need to buy a new one. (That's what happens when you buy a Pal Mickey without the direction booklet)

TK

We bought our first Pal Mickey in Dec. 2007, and if I remember right, he cost about $64.00. All three of my children (11-6yrs) loved him. We carried him all over the magical world and could not leave him behind even for a day.

I think your son will enjoy him too. He tells jokes, gives history, and informs you of interesting facts in the parks.

We bought Pal Mickey 4 years ago and really like him. I use him more than my DS (now 8). If you ever split up and go to the parks alone its fun to have him with you. All the CM's talk to you and him and people give you smiling looks, its like carrying around another person. When I'm in the parks by myself I have strangers take pictures of me and Pal Mickey. Its also funny when you're walking and he'll start shaking and doing his little giggle. He gives helpful info out like if a ride has a short wait or when a show is about to start. I've also bought some of the clothes for him, like the rainwear and tourist outfit (it comes with a Mickey Ears hat and a camera!) Anyway, I really like my Pal Mickey!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: He's one of the best things I've ever bought at WDW.

5 Years old and it updates each time we go to WDW.We eally enjoy it and think it was worth very penny.We paid $65 I think for it new I would say maybe like $25 might be good price for used one.:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I love our Pal Mickey! His little jokes and FYI's have become a tradition since we got him in 2006. It wouldn't be the same without him! One of the funniest things from our last trip over this past Christmas week was when I was in the stall in GF lobby ladies room and I accidentally activated him. He announced, "If you want to play a game squeeze my tummy." DD23 and I got a fit of laughing in our respective stalls! I'm not sure what the other women thought!:rotfl2:

I love our Pal Mickey! His little jokes and FYI's have become a tradition since we got him in 2006. It wouldn't be the same without him! One of the funniest things from our last trip over this past Christmas week was when I was in the stall in GF lobby ladies room and I accidentally activated him. He announced, "If you want to play a game squeeze my tummy." DD23 and I got a fit of laughing in our respective stalls! I'm not sure what the other women thought!:rotfl2:

Thanks for the giggle! I actually laughed out loud picturing what I would think if I were in one of the adjoining stalls.. LMAO

Well that's it, I'm sold. My oldest (who happens to be highly functional autistic) has been talking about one for weeks now. He has been patiently saving up all his money for it. My wife and I have decided to buy it for him, mainly so it can be for the "family". After reading all of these posts, I must say, I can't wait to get him now!

Quick question, how accurate is he about short lines? I would hate to run to everest and find that my "pal" was incorrect and it is a 90 minute wait!

Is Pal accurate???

Well that's it, I'm sold. My oldest (who happens to be highly functional autistic) has been talking about one for weeks now. He has been patiently saving up all his money for it. My wife and I have decided to buy it for him, mainly so it can be for the "family". After reading all of these posts, I must say, I can't wait to get him now!

Quick question, how accurate is he about short lines? I would hate to run to everest and find that my "pal" was incorrect and it is a 90 minute wait!

Is Pal accurate???

The "short lines" info is rather "few and far-between."
He doesn't say much about that, really.

Always check the in-park TIP BOARDS for the best/latest line-wait info.

Pal Mickey is mainly just FUN... and tells some interesting facts about the rides and/or items of interest as you near them.
He also has a pretty cute "personality."
He tells you that he gets "scared" if you approach Tower of Terror.
He gets very "nervous" about getting WET as you approach Splash Mountain and Kali.

He even has something to say INSIDE the Haunted Mansion while riding the Doombuggies, so keep him out and near your ear as you ride.

Just make sure you turn him off when you aren't using him. We went through a lot of batteries because the GPS still works when you're staying onsite.

Just make sure you turn him off when you aren't using him. We went through a lot of batteries because the GPS still works when you're staying onsite.

There is no "GPS" in your Pal.

He works from "cue-boxes" placed all over the parks.

When he comes near one, it "cues" him on which phrase to say.

But the info to turn him off to save batteries is valid.
He will drain the batteries while just "sitting."

(Really, I don't want to be the Pal Mickey Police, but I want info to be clear about him.)

The "short lines" info is rather "few and far-between."
He doesn't say much about that, really.

Always check the in-park TIP BOARDS for the best/latest line-wait info.

Pal Mickey is mainly just FUN... and tells some interesting facts about the rides and/or items of interest as you near them.
He also has a pretty cute "personality."
He tells you that he gets "scared" if you approach Tower of Terror.
He gets very "nervous" about getting WET as you approach Splash Mountain and Kali.

He even has something to say INSIDE the Haunted Mansion while riding the Doombuggies, so keep him out and near your ear as you ride.

I completely agree about his "personality." DD and I say that it is a combination of little kid and little old lady!:)

When we arrive in Disney in two weeks, I'm sure we'll have our new "pal" in our possession within the first few hours!!!

I'm going to have one delivered to the room on arrival for the kids as a surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter