Pak n play or crib

Luv Donald Duck

Mouseketeer
Hello all,
We are going to WDW May 7-14 with our 16 month old daughter. We are staying at Coronado Springs for the first time. I was wondering if I should request the pack n play for her to sleep in? Or if I should rent a crib?

If you suggest the pack n play, how do I request this??

With our 9-month old we just used the pack & play. We did bring our own p&p sheets though so he would it would smell more like home; not sure if it made a difference or not since we didn't even try using the provided sheets. We just put it on our reservation and they confirmed at check-in.

It depends on how small or big your DD ld is and what kind of sleeper she is. PNP's are not big at all. If your DD is not used to sleeping in one now, I would suggest renting a crib so that she has more room to spread out & move around in her sleep. We rented one from A Baby's Best Friend & it was great! The only suggestion I would give would be to ask that they give you bedding that has been washed in unscented detergent. The detergent they use has a very heavy scent.

We are going in August and my DD will be 17 months at the time. I am also staying at CS :yay: and we are just going to get a pack and play. You just request it on your reservation and confirm upon arrival. I think that should be sufficient for your 16 mth. old as well. The ONLY bad thing about a pack and play is sometimes the bottom isn't as comfy as a crib mattress. I just put a soft blanket on the bottom and it's just fine. My DD sleeps soundly in a pack and play (she's had to use one a few times and even the very first time she slept fine!).

Enjoy your trip!

My recommendation is that you consider how well your child sleeps in a pack n' play. Has your DD slept in one recently for overnight sleep, not just naps? Is she generally a good/sound sleeper? If so, you can probably safely go with the pnp. Just bring your own sheets so they have the familiar scent--and so you know she won't have any reaction to unfamiliar/industrial grade detergent. Actually, you can even buy, for about $50, a small foam mattress, about 2-3" deep, and put that in the pnp for comfort (otherwise it's pretty much a piece of cardboard with a thin foam layer over top...firmer than ANY firm infant mattress out there, for sure!!) It would fold in half to fit in a suitcase, if you're not driving.

Having said all that...with DD, who was 12 months at the time, we rented a full-size crib from A Baby's Best Friend, brought our own sheets, and she slept great all week. With DS, just last week at age 7 months, we decided to chance it and go with a pnp with the extra mattress I just talked about (got it at Buy Buy Baby, it fit the pnp pefectly). He slept horribly all week long--up 4+ times per night, and of course you can't let them cry in a hotel room. I wish I had tried sleeping him in the pnp for a few nights at home before the trip. Either he'd have learned to sleep well in it, or I would have learned that he was going to sleep horribly and I would have rented a full-size crib!!!!

So, like I said....know your kid! Try her out sleeping for NIGHT SLEEP in the pnp at home. If she can't do it at home in her own familiar surroundings, you might just be better off renting a full-size crib. If you value your sleep, that is!!! FWIW, we had no trouble with ABBF. I'd just bring my own sheet/bedding, for familiarity's sake.

I've tried both methods. With the PNP - no one slept. With the rented full size crib - everyone slept. My DD sleeps in a full size crib at home so it really helped to have the full size crib while we were at WDW. It is what she is used to. I rented from A Baby's Best Friend; they are great! They delivered on time and to Bell Services. Just let Bell Services know after you've checked in that you have a crib and they will bring it to your room. Have a great trip!

Neither of my boys will sleep in a pack n play, never have and I have tried often. At this point my fellows are quite long and just don't fit well. I agree with what others have posted. You know your child. Try it at him first. Mae are going in May and I have no idea how we are going to sleep the twins. 2 cribs in a room equals cramped and pricey. Still thinking about this one.

2 cribs in a room equals cramped and pricey.

But we have found that a great night's sleep for everyone is priceless, and well worth being a bit cramped.

:goodvibes

Not to hijack the thread, but doesnt Disney have cribs that you an request from housekeeping? I swear I read it somewhere where it said pack n plays in every room, but cribs on request.

We have tried each and have found that our youngest will not sleep in the pack-n-plays. He does so much better in a crib and it is worth the extra cost to rent one. We have had very good service from FloridaBabyGear.com

We've stayed at Coronado twice in the past four months and each time requested a pack n play. What I do is once in the room, just call the front desk (it's a marked button on the phone) and request a pack n play. One time they had it there within 15 minutes and the second time we left the room and came back to find it delivered. Both times they set it up and put the sheet on the mattress.

Another great thing that worked for us at CSR is that because the doors separating the vanity area from the bedroom are wooden sliding doors, we'd put the pack n play in that area and shut the doors. It gave us freedom to turn on the tv and move around without worrying about waking the baby. We were on the first floor once by a quiet pool and actually propped open our door and sat in some pool chairs (facing the room) and enjoyed a couple drinks while being steps away from our door.

Not to hijack the thread, but doesnt Disney have cribs that you an request from housekeeping? I swear I read it somewhere where it said pack n plays in every room, but cribs on request.

I got one of these during our last trip.... probably... nope, definitely won't do it again.
1. It is white metal and I spent 35 minutes cleaning it.
2. It is not full size and the matress is a joke. No springs on the bottom, just some flat pressboard for "support". The matress was about 4" thick.
3. The linens did not even closely fit. Pack your own isn't an option since it isn't full size.
4. The rungs were spaced fairly far apart. My daughter got her leg caught one night and woke up SCREAMING. I don't think I slept soundly for the rest of the trip.

I will definitely be renting from A Baby's Best Friend next trip.

I got one of these during our last trip.... probably... nope, definitely won't do it again.
1. It is white metal and I spent 35 minutes cleaning it.
2. It is not full size and the matress is a joke. No springs on the bottom, just some flat pressboard for "support". The matress was about 4" thick.
3. The linens did not even closely fit. Pack your own isn't an option since it isn't full size.
4. The rungs were spaced fairly far apart. My daughter got her leg caught one night and woke up SCREAMING. I don't think I slept soundly for the rest of the trip.

I will definitely be renting from A Baby's Best Friend next trip.

Thank you for letting me know this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter