• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pajamas in kids club

There have been MANY times that I've let my son go in PJs to the kid's club. You'll see a lot of kids in their PJs at night, crashed on the mats they put out. The last thing you want to do it to try and change their clothes after they've fallen asleep!

It depends on the child. I buy the Pj short sets at the disney store. They could pass as regular clothes most of the time. My kids are pj freaks and lvoe to be cozy. They would have no issues with it at all. On the other hand soem kids wouldn't agree. Even ifmy kid does go to camp in their pj's it doesn't mean they don't stil lhave to do their night time rituals. They usually only go dressed like this on PJ night.

I think you're probably going to get lots of different opinions on this one, but I see nothing wrong with it. You're on vacation.

I wondered if I would. Just thought getting bedtime started for them would be nice, but I really hate to annoy other people or have people say an
Personally I wouldn't do this as if there was an incident and they had to go to the lifeboats they would be cold in pjs

But then again if it happened in the middle of the night they would still be in PJs so maybe I'm being silly but that's what makes me nervous would be them getting cold if something happened
its funny...my sister said the same thing! But the cute little sleeveless dresses she will be wearing will be no warmer so if we crash I'll be more worried about not actually being with my kiddos! THAT thought terrifies me!!!!!

My daughters will not wear pjs in public, but they will wear cotton shorts. So if it is going to get late and I want to put them straight to bed, I put them in cotton shorts and a comfortable t-shirt. Not quite pjs but definitely comfy to sleep in.

First-time DCL cruisers and will have DGD-9 and DGD-4. We have late seating and are in CO so haven't asked to see if we can move it up due to time change. How does late seating and CMs taking kids to club while we finish dinner work with getting them into PJs? Any thoughts?...

First-time DCL cruisers and will have DGD-9 and DGD-4. We have late seating and are in CO so haven't asked to see if we can move it up due to time change. How does late seating and CMs taking kids to club while we finish dinner work with getting them into PJs? Any thoughts?...

Hi I am a youth activities Counselor. In my opinion if you would like us to collect your grandchildren for dine n play, I would recommend either not putting them in pjs for dinner or find some that do not particularly stand out as pjs. Unfortnately we cannot change the children into pjs for you. You could bring them to dinner in a bag and change them before we come down, which could be too big a hassle during dinner.

Ok...my kids have just started to develop a love for the kids clubs. Wondering...on the night we do Palo, can we bring them to the club in their pjs since we are dining late. Or is this in poor taste? TIA

Emily

Hi! Of course you can bring them to the Club/Lab in their pjs! It happens... Not that often though. I would recommend having pjs that aren't recognisable as pjs. And from a Counselors perspective, please make sure that the children can get in and out if whatever they are wearing to go to the toilet... Onsies may not be the best choice of pjs :)

How about the princess nightgowns that look like dresses (along with shorts or leggings)? And maybe the boys could wear black sweats and tuxedo t-shirts! Stylish AND comfortable for dinner, kids' club and nighttime! Lol!

I guess it never occurred to me to send my kids to kids club in their pajamas. If I thought it was necessary, I'd probably go with comfortable shorts or leggings and t-shirts.

in my experience, you will see kids and adults in PJs at all times of the day and night...you will see a WIDE variety of clothing choices everywhere!

Hi I am a youth activities Counselor. In my opinion if you would like us to collect your grandchildren for dine n play, I would recommend either not putting them in pjs for dinner or find some that do not particularly stand out as pjs. Unfortnately we cannot change the children into pjs for you. You could bring them to dinner in a bag and change them before we come down, which could be too big a hassle during dinner.

Understandable. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter