painter x and tablet

jann1033

<font color=darkcoral>Right now I'm an inch of nat
i got my corel painter x and graphics tablet...lets just say photoshop has nothing on this as far a learning curve goes( holy moly how many brushes and paper options can you have. haven't even started anything with color mixers or any other palettes yet:faint: ) but from the tutorials ( well the first) i am loving it!!!!! figured out how to use the tablet pen as a mouse but not as a brush...well not as a brush that actually works with a consistant flow at least and the vista handwriting can't read my writing...i wrote cool and it thought i wrote cereal..my handwriting is awful:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
any one use either and have any pointers i could use?

i've only used painter a little bit, but one thing that was incredibly helpful was learning the keyboard shortcuts. also, if you find yourself using the same brushes over and over again you can drag them out and create a brush set - saves time scrolling through all of the choices.
did you find tutorials online or from a book? i have the painter x wow book that seems to be really thorough & was recommended my digital illustration instructor at school.

i've only used painter a little bit, but one thing that was incredibly helpful was learning the keyboard shortcuts. also, if you find yourself using the same brushes over and over again you can drag them out and create a brush set - saves time scrolling through all of the choices.
did you find tutorials online or from a book? i have the painter x wow book that seems to be really thorough & was recommended my digital illustration instructor at school.
i am thinking of getting a book..is that the actual title? the ones i found actually were on the corel site and in the help and there are some with the software i think(?)...Jeremy someone is the person doing them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter