Paint the Night Parade coming to WDW?

disneydad78

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any insider news or rumors? I would love to see WDW get rid of the same ole night time parade they have had for years. My family,sorry if we are the only ones, don't even watch it anymore. The music drives me nuts, maybe due to the fact we have heard it for years.
The video "Paint the Night" had my mouth open. I couldn't keep it closed while watching. Disney has to bring this parade to Magic Kingdom!
I hope someone has some kind of good news!

The main street electrical parade has run it's coarse in all the parks around the world. Disney world used to have what I thought was the greatest night time parade ever Spectromagic. it was grand and had greet score to it and it fit the Magic Kingdom perfectly. Personally I would like to see paint the night come to WDW because they need a new nighttime parade as the MSEP is becoming stale and dated to the point where kids don't know the charters anymore.

Very doubtful at this time. They are going to have it be exclusive for DLR at least for a while. Tokyo has a different version of MSEP a called dream lights while old it is a very good parade. Spectromagic also isn't going to come back as it was thrown away basically. I do agree tho that MSEP Has been around long enough.

We run for the rides when MSEP, the music , omg the music. If you want to call it music LOL . Sorry Pete not trying to be negative just hoping and praying for a new nighttime parade.

I don't really see it that way. I know it has bits of Baroque Hoedown woven into some of the soundtrack, but I get more 'mild tribute' than actual full on MSEP reboot.
With today's technology they should do something along the lines of paint the night. MSEP 2.0 is called dream lights and its in Tokyo.

We run for the rides when MSEP, the music , omg the music. If you want to call it music LOL . Sorry Pete not trying to be negative just hoping and praying for a new nighttime parade.
While the parade is old and dated and it's time for a new one. The music is iconic and I love it.

With today's technology they should do something along the lines of paint the night. MSEP 2.0 is called dream lights and its in Tokyo.

The Tokyo parade is closer to what I had in mind. It's hard to explain, but I have these images in my head...but alas, it will never happen. Oh well.

I haven't been back since the MSEP began again in WDW. I saw it in California adventure and figured if it's on in the MK and I can find a spot for it and I'm there I'll watch it otherwise I won't go out of my way to see.

i think something new will be coming, but i think they may wait til 2021, the 50th anniversary, before they present a new one, so we may have a wait :(

We're really over MSEP and probably won't see it again. It' just tired, now. I'd love to see Spectromagic return and, honestly, Paint the Night would be great! It's really a cool parade! It's really modern with some great effects. I'd love to see it at the MK, but really, I'd love to see anything but the MSEP again.

I know the floats are destroyed, but I would love, LOVE, to see my beloved Spectromagic come back.
With today's technology some sort of mix between paint the night and Spectro would be great. It's a shame disney let the floats go beyond repair that they had to trash them.

I cant stand the music for MSEP! It's migraine inducing noise. Though i admit, i loved it as a kid and had a cd with the music on!

I would love to see a new nighttime parade at MK as it is about time... when MSEP came back to WDW, I thought that it was supposed to be temporary?

I was super-hyped to see the MSEP during our trip back in November. We'd seen SpectoMagic several times, but this was gonna be the first time since I was a kid that I'd hear that MSEP music again. And while the nostalgia returning was nice, after about two minutes I sat there longing for the SM music again. It's just so grand.

While I tend to watch it at least once during long trips, I'm not a huge fan of MSEP either. It has an old time feel which I think is more suited for DL rather than WDW. Still, it's a fun show to see once and awhile.

I highly doubt we'll be seeing Paint the Night at WDW. It's brand new and a part of the 60th anniversary celebration at DL. I'd love for them to bring Spectro back with a few new additions. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen for a very long time, if at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter