Paint the Night Parade and Disneyland Forever Fireworks Strategy

We were in the park today. We happened to get off of IASW right as the 1:00pm Christmas parade was finishing in that area. We followed the last float to the Hub. As soon as people got up from the 1pm parade we sat in that perfect Hub/Curb spot facing the Matterhorn. I was glad we did. By 2pm that area of the hub was getting pretty full for the 3:15 Christmas parade. Not very many people left after that. They all stayed where they were for PTN and fireworks. I have to say that for us it was well worth the wait! We had just driven 6 hours to get to the park and we had left our house at 5am. We enjoyed relaxing in our spot, ate dinner in our spot, and I got FP for HMH for others in my group to ride while I stayed in our spot. Then I got more FP for BTR for later tonight. I absolutely can not say enough just how awesome that spot is! It feels like the floats are going to run you over the come so close and straight on! One note, I don't know if the second PTN goes in reverse direction like the other parades, but this was also a great spot to stay in for the fireworks. We stood right on the curb.
Oops. Just reread that you needed this info yesterday. Lol. Hopefully it will help someone else :-)

I would love to hear any updated experiences. We will be in DLR next week, 11/17-11/22. I will be in an ECV with my bum knee, and my daughter who is recovering from foot surgery will be in a wheelchair. We'll also have dh who will be pushing the wheelchair who has achilles tendonitis, our other daughter, and then our college age son coming for the weekend. Are there any suggestions for how to see PTN and DL Forever with the ECV and wheelchair? Thanks!

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier or I would have responded! There is a handicapped viewing area for PTN. The night we watched, it was near the exit of Pixie Hollow. It was a great view for the first parade, since it was coming at you from small world. I don't know if it would have been as great of a view in the same spot if it was the second parade and PTN was coming from TS. I asked if there was a handicapped viewing area for DL FOrever, and was told no, so we just did the best we could finding a spot - any spot - for the fireworks.

Anyone have any December experiences to share and what is/isn't working these days? Looking for tips to see PTN and fireworks (doesn't have to be on the same night) without doing much (if any) waiting for the nights of Sunday Jan 3 - Wed Jan 6. Each of those nights, PTN is at 8:45 and 10:45 with the fireworks being at 9:30.

Anyone have any December experiences to share and what is/isn't working these days? Looking for tips to see PTN and fireworks (doesn't have to be on the same night) without doing much (if any) waiting for the nights of Sunday Jan 3 - Wed Jan 6. Each of those nights, PTN is at 8:45 and 10:45 with the fireworks being at 9:30.
We walked up and got seats across from the entrance to tomorrow land for PTN 1045pm show last night. It was super easy.

We were there the 7-9 of this month. People were beginning to line up after the Christmas parade (4:30) for the 8:45 showing of PTN. I swore we wouldn't be waiting three hours for the parade but one night all the kids fell asleep in the strollers so we grabbed a spot across from the Matterhorn/Tomorrowland entrance around 5:30. At that point Main Street was pretty much packed. We then followed the last float down, but were held at the hub. We were able to get a spot part way down Main Street for the fireworks but there was no way we could park the stroller on the street, luckily we had members of our group who had already seen them and were willing to take the strollers while we took the kids to wiggle into a spot on main street.

we found a spot on the wall near small world about hour before the show. hubs held the spot i ran to use the extra ia fp my son and I had. We got back with in 20 mins and after we sat down another family sat down next to us on the wall. the wife then realized she couldn't really sit fully on that spot and started trying to push me out my spot. How ever it all worked well. I loved the view and the women stopped pushing and stopped standing to get pictures when I taped her on the back and asked her nicely to sit down we all wanted to record it too.
small world is my suggestion if you cant find a spot on main street. we followed the parade out and then got a good enough spot for fireworks could see castle mostly and the Matterhorn too. My son loved seeing the lava part but said it wasn't enough of a volcano LOL.

My parents are there now. Any luck following the last float from Small Workd and ending up on Main St to see the fireworks? Or is there a nice visual I could send them of good spots to be to appreciate the fireworks?

Small word of warning. I would suggest not sitting on the curb in front of the ice cream parlour on Main St. While the view was excellent, the number of people stepping on us, over us and through was rediculous. There was a pathway probably 10 people down but no one cared. We had ice cam dropped on us and my son was kicked in the head when someone used their foot to open the garbage to throw out their ice cream.

Just checking for any new updates to getting a great spot to watch PTN and Fireworks show these days. It's been quite awhile since many have posted their experiences here. We, myself and DD25, are going May 7-14. Wondering if things have gotten better maybe, (or worse?), for getting good spot in relation to how long you have to wait. Are people still waiting 3 & 4 hours to get a good spot, or have things calmed down some? How hard is it to get a spot for PTN if i have a a ecv? And for the fireworks? Can you still try to grab a spot on the curb, and is that a several hour wait still? We were considering doing the Blue Bayou dining pkg to get the reserved viewing but not sure how well that will work for the ecv, I remember someone saying if you can't get to the ramp there you won't be able to get out to Main Street.

I would also like to know if there is any update on arrival times, especially if you plan to watch for the first time in mid-main street.

Just checking for any new updates to getting a great spot to watch PTN and Fireworks show these days. It's been quite awhile since many have posted their experiences here. We, myself and DD25, are going May 7-14. Wondering if things have gotten better maybe, (or worse?), for getting good spot in relation to how long you have to wait. Are people still waiting 3 & 4 hours to get a good spot, or have things calmed down some? How hard is it to get a spot for PTN if i have a a ecv? And for the fireworks? Can you still try to grab a spot on the curb, and is that a several hour wait still? We were considering doing the Blue Bayou dining pkg to get the reserved viewing but not sure how well that will work for the ecv, I remember someone saying if you can't get to the ramp there you won't be able to get out to Main Street.

We'll be there the same week, so I'll definitely be watching for replies as well. I'm thinking about the BB dining package as well, and am curious about recent experiences..

The first time I saw the parade in August, we waited about 4-5 hours for a perfect hub spot. In February, we waited 2 hours for a front row main street spot, and we didn't even really need to wait that long. The front row sits while everyone behind stands during the parade. 2 hours should easily get you an ecv spot, while an hour should get you a good standing view. This is just my experience. YMMV.

The first time I saw the parade in August, we waited about 4-5 hours for a perfect hub spot. In February, we waited 2 hours for a front row main street spot, and we didn't even really need to wait that long. The front row sits while everyone behind stands during the parade. 2 hours should easily get you an ecv spot, while an hour should get you a good standing view. This is just my experience. YMMV.

Thanks I'm going in May and have been trying to figure out what to do for the Parade. You mentioned the front row sits...on the curb? So if I get there about 2.5-3 hours early I should have a front row spot hopefully on a weekday? I think I'll be there on May 4th and 5th.

Also with the parade, if I'm front row am I missing out on the projections on buildings and stuff?

In November we followed the end of the PTN parade through to Main Street then grabbed a bench on the curb of the hub just north of the Tomorrowland entrance. We sat through the fireworks. Then the bench was moved back and we sat on the curb for the 2nd PTN. Was this luck or is this pretty easy to do? I can't remember the exact path we took but it seems like we cut off and came out by the Astro Orbitor. Following the parade was somewhat crazy with a lot of people. This year we will be a group of 7 and trying to stay together might be difficult. Is it possible to just hang out in TL then hop over at the end of the parade or is following the last float best?
Any advice is greatly appreciated. We will be there 11-15 June and I am really hoping there are 2 parades each night. My kids are night owls and love to close the park each night making the 2nd parade perfect for us!
Thanks again!
ps...oops...Meant following 1st PTN but can't seem to edit title.. :-)

Thanks I'm going in May and have been trying to figure out what to do for the Parade. You mentioned the front row sits...on the curb? So if I get there about 2.5-3 hours early I should have a front row spot hopefully on a weekday? I think I'll be there on May 4th and 5th.

Also with the parade, if I'm front row am I missing out on the projections on buildings and stuff?

There are no projections on buildings during the parade. Yes if you are in the front row you sit on the curb. Anyone behind the front row stands. Yes, 2.5-3 hours should be fine to get a front row spot on a weekday.

We were considering doing the Blue Bayou dining pkg to get the reserved viewing but not sure how well that will work for the ecv, I remember someone saying if you can't get to the ramp there you won't be able to get out to Main Street.

We did this last week for a friends birthday, and the dining seating was in the middle of Town Square, facing the train station. They filled from the back of the viewing section, and had us come in from near the popcorn cart and cannon on the City Hall side. No issue with accessibility, other than not being able to directly exit straight into Main Street, you'd have to follow the sidewalk a bit to get to the ramp. There were a few ECV's in the viewing area.

Yeah thats pretty much how it works although they have been doing some premium seating in that area recently and i havent watched how it changed the flow.

We did this last week for a friends birthday, and the dining seating was in the middle of Town Square, facing the train station. They filled from the back of the viewing section, and had us come in from near the popcorn cart and cannon on the City Hall side. No issue with accessibility, other than not being able to directly exit straight into Main Street, you'd have to follow the sidewalk a bit to get to the ramp. There were a few ECV's in the viewing area.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, both of you! It's good to hear updated info, and looks like maybe a 2 hour wait may still get us a good spot! Gotta find a spot to try for near a ramp off the sidewalk up on the right side of main street near or at the hub! Then we can see parade great and get down for the fireworks! Thanks!

What's the current wait time on Main Street for a curb spot for PTN/Fireworks? Going on a Thursday in April. I'm guessing 2 hours still? What about 2nd row? What time should we be there if 2nd row is ok? We tried for mid-week in November (first week) and at 2 hours almost all the curb spots were gone and we ended up watching both from the hub area. Hoping to watch from Main Street this time. Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter