• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paint the Night is back on the schedule!!

Thanks so much for this information. So excited to see it for the first time. Does anyone know if the second show at 10:30 requires a 2 hour wait as well? We are only there for 1 day on Friday, November 18th so trying to decide what time would be best, the first or the second showing?
Thanks so much!

We saw it last December and I swear it was 8:45 & 10:45. I wonder if they want to avoid the congestion of having them so close together...
Last December there was also Fantasmic!
F! and PTN would generally be scheduled at the same times (or at least overlapped), which certainly helps with crowd control. Without F!, it makes sense to spread out the PTN performances.

OK, so I'm now bracing myself for some big crowds for the 18th.

Anyone care to hazard a guess what time I would need to get a spot on Main Street for this? :faint:

So I have a quick question for those who have seen PTN before. On nights with 2 showings, should I expect it to start on Main Street first or Small World first?

First showing "iasw"to Main Street, then Main Street to "iasw" for the second.

First showing "iasw"to Main Street, then Main Street to "iasw" for the second.

Thanks! I'm trying to decide where I want to be for my photo composition. I like the idea of being in front of Plaza Inn or somewhere along that area by the turn to try and get the winter castle in the background.

Last edited:
Looks like it will be Peak times only so the week of November 18th through the 27th, then weekends only until December 16th through January 1st, an d then who knows the first week of January?

Also only the late parade on the 3rd and 4th of December due to Candlelight.

As for times, they will need to do the Christmas Parade, Fireworks and snow between the two performances, so it is a logistical puzzle, including backstage storage.

I woul love it if this stays on schedule for our trip starting JAN 18-23rd!! Never seen it & I've been wondering what night time shows they would have at this time of year, given refurbs everywhere.

I woul love it if this stays on schedule for our trip starting JAN 18-23rd!! Never seen it & I've been wondering what night time shows they would have at this time of year, given refurbs everywhere.

I wouldn't plan on it, the parade is expensive to operate, and Disneyland already has issues that weekend with the largest convention ion the West Coast being held across the street, the NAMM Show. We know there will be no Frozen Shows, as the Hyperion is being rented out, also park hours might be reduced, especially DCA on Saturday night for private events. Also plan for lots of Downtown Disney dining venues to be "sold out" for private events.

Ahh, I'm so excited! I actually missed Disneyland's 60th anniversary, so I never got to see Paint the Night. My friend from Belgium came to California for two weeks this month, so we just went to Disneyland last weekend. She had this trip planned for over a year, so I decided not to go to Disneyland this past summer since I knew I was going to go to Disneyland with her in October. I assumed Paint the Night and the Disneyland Forever fireworks was going to continue for a while after the 60th anniversary was over, because the parade and fireworks that were created for the 50th anniversary went on for years after the 50th anniversary was over. I was pretty disappointed when I found out in August, that both of them would end after Labor Day.

But, when I went to Disneyland this last weekend, I did buy an Annual Pass, my very first Annual Pass for Disneyland! I live in San Francisco, a little bit far from Disneyland, but I figure if I go at least two more times, it will be worth it. I know my husband would like to go, and my mom wants to take my nephew and of course I want to go with them, so I thought it made sense to get an Annual Pass this time. I actually want to go again during the first week in January since my husband and I have winter break off from college then, and I want to see the holiday time at Disneyland. And since I know the holiday time will be going on until January 8th, I really hope Paint the Night will continue through the first week of January too, or at the very least, the weekend nights. (January 7th and 8th)

I grew up with the Main Street Electrical Parade, and I love it, so I am excited to see Paint the Night, a new night time parade. I'm happy that the Main Street Electrical Parade is coming back too, but I also don't want to miss my change to see Paint the Night. I will definitely be watching the entertainment schedule and hoping when January starts to show up, that Paint the Night will be playing during the first week of January, or at least the last weekend of the holiday time. Crossing my fingers!

I wouldn't plan on it, the parade is expensive to operate, and Disneyland already has issues that weekend with the largest convention ion the West Coast being held across the street, the NAMM Show. We know there will be no Frozen Shows, as the Hyperion is being rented out, also park hours might be reduced, especially DCA on Saturday night for private events. Also plan for lots of Downtown Disney dining venues to be "sold out" for private events.
Well guess I'll cross my fingers, and maybe for the increase of guests that weekend it will be worth it for Disney. Happy thoughts.

Thanks! I'm trying to decide where I want to be for my photo composition. I like the idea of being in front of Plaza Inn or somewhere along that area by the turn to try and get the winter castle in the background.

You and everyone else in the world! My thoughts are this: if I can get a front row ANYWHERE, I'll be pretty happy. I don't even want to discuss strategy on this board for this event. I'll be there Friday and I definitely don't want everyone doing the exact same thing I want to do. With it being the first night back, there'll already be a massive amount of locals showing up.

I'm glad that it's back for our trip. But I do wish Disney would just start showing it every night so that it doesn't create the madness that it does.

I just called to change my WOC dessert package from Saturday to Thursday (to keep my PTN viewing options open) and I did ask about PTN viewing packages. So far they don't know about anything being offered. I still would be surprised if they didn't come up with something. Unless they didn't hold back any restaurant capacity.

We're there the 12-17th...crossing my fingers they decide to add ANY of this nights. I'm so bummed.

Last edited:
We're they're the 12-17th...crossing my fingers they decide to add ANY of this nights. I'm so bummed.
I sent an email to guest relations today; just providing feedback about the short notice of the schedule and I explained that my dad and I had booked our stay, including non refundable train tickets, in hopes that PtN would be there. It just doesn't make sense that it'll likely be there every weekend except the very first weekend of the holiday season! I didn't assume that it would play every night, and that's why I'm buying a one day ticket for Sunday the 13th, since my AP is blocked, because I figured it at least be on the weekends. I'm pretty bummed on how Disney is handling things lately. But I know that just the holiday atmosphere in general will be well worth the trip. But first it was discovering that our holiday tour wasn't including rides, and then Paint the Night...it kind of felt like disappointment after disappointment - but I'm still focusing on the positive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter