Paint the Night Dining Packages

AngP

Earning My Ears
I will be going the DCA in about three weeks and was looking into the dining packages at Carthay Circle and Wine Trattoria. Has anyone gone to either one of these? I know Carthay Circle has guaranteed seating near the restaurant, how were these seats and the food menu? Wine Trattoria is standing room, is this space crowded? Do you have to show up very early? Thanks

The Carthay package is actual chairs(directors chairs). The WCT package is roped area that you can sit on the ground or stand near the blue sky cellar. I did the WCT lunch package the second day it was offered. The food was really good and we showed up about 45 minutes before the parade and for a front row seated spot.

The Carthay package is actual chairs(directors chairs). The WCT package is roped area that you can sit on the ground or stand near the blue sky cellar. I did the WCT lunch package the second day it was offered. The food was really good and we showed up about 45 minutes before the parade and for a front row seated spot.
Thank you. I like the idea of having an assigned seat and not have to fight for a spot. I wasn’t able to eat at Carthay Circle the last time I was in DCA so I may opt for this dining package.

We did Carthay Circle PTN package last week. It was awesome. Food was the best, and most expensive, I’ve had in the park. Actual seats was awesome too. It made the Blue Bayou fantasmic experience feel a little hokey. Having to carry around a cushion for 8 hours after your meal is not good planning for whoever came up with the blue bayou idea.

There is also the Sonoma Terrace reception which is similar to the WOC dessert party, but savory. We are giving that a try in August.

There is also the Sonoma Terrace reception which is similar to the WOC dessert party, but savory. We are giving that a try in August.

We did this on our recent visit and loved it. Reserved seating at a table with a great view of the parade. The food was actually more than I thought - I wouldn't have eaten as much at dinner if I had done more research. The adults received meats, chilled/grilled vegetables, crackers. The kids received fruit, cheese, goldfish. Plus a waiter bringing you drinks (hot chocolate, wine, beer, etc). On the way out the adults receive a box of little truffles and the kids received caramel apples.

We did Carthay Circle PTN package last week. It was awesome. Food was the best, and most expensive, I’ve had in the park. Actual seats was awesome too. It made the Blue Bayou fantasmic experience feel a little hokey. Having to carry around a cushion for 8 hours after your meal is not good planning for whoever came up with the blue bayou idea.

khaz do you remember if there was a fish or vegetarian option for entrees on the menu? I do not eat meat. Thanks

I don't see lunch openings for the package at WCT after Sept. 29th. Anybody know if lunch is going away or if it's just a website issue? Approaching 60 days for my trip and can't fine anything via search.

... It made the Blue Bayou fantasmic experience feel a little hokey. Having to carry around a cushion for 8 hours after your meal is not good planning for whoever came up with the blue bayou idea.
That's our time to use that cushion on rides! Matterhorn is much more comfortable with that cushion -- you can do SR over and over! Same with SM, Mater's, IJA, and any other rides that are bumpy or have uncomfortable seats. If you have to carry the cushion around, at least use it to make the rides more comfy! The cushions also work really well for parade viewing. We used ours over the weekend for watching PTN when the pavement was too warm for our legs.

We did the Wine Tattoria package on our last trip to Disneyland (July 2018) and I have to say that I really loved it. There was good variety on the food and there was quite lot of it. Recommend the chicken parm and shrimp fettuccine.

Seating wise, it's along the side across from the Bugs Land and Cars Land entrances. The area was guarded by a Cast member and we had no trouble finding spots for our family right next to the ropes even 20-30 minutes before the show.

Granted, we didn't get seats or any of the specialties like the Carthay viewing, but considering the price and the fact that I don't actually like most of Carthay's menu, this worked out great for us.

That's our time to use that cushion on rides! Matterhorn is much more comfortable with that cushion -- you can do SR over and over! Same with SM, Mater's, IJA, and any other rides that are bumpy or have uncomfortable seats. If you have to carry the cushion around, at least use it to make the rides more comfy! The cushions also work really well for parade viewing. We used ours over the weekend for watching PTN when the pavement was too warm for our legs.
My DD10 is a dancer. I spend a LOT of time sitting on a hard bench at a dance studio. My BFF (who is in the same boat) and I were super-excited to get the seat cushions. We cared more about those than the dinner itself!

...My BFF (who is in the same boat) and I were super-excited to get the seat cushions. We cared more about those than the dinner itself!
Having commandeered DH's cushion for part of our time in the parks, I can say that they're even more comfortable when you put two together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter