Paging RSM - ? about Central Italy/Amalfi Coast trip

TXTransplant

DIS Veteran
@RSM I know it's been a while since your trip, but your trip report is the only one I can find (so you're the one to ask). I have a quick question about the trip, and since the itinerary really hasn't changed much, I thought you could maybe answer.

On the day that you go to Positano and take the boat to Amalfi...how much on your own time did you have? I'd like to go up to Ravello, which from what I understand, is pretty easy to do by cab once you're in Amalfi. Did anyone on your trip do this? TIA!

Last edited:
You can tag him in your post, which might send him an email and get his attention quicker. :) (Depends on his settings.) Just do an "@" sign & his ID, like this:

@RSM

Sayhello

You can tag him in your post, which might send him an email and get his attention quicker. :) (Depends on his settings.) Just do an "@" sign & his ID, like this:

@RSM

Sayhello

Thanks! I noticed you did that in one of your posts the other day, but had forgotten about it by the time I posted my question.

Hi TXTransplant--If I remember correctly, we didn't have alot of spare time in Positano or Amalfi. I think there was less than an hour in Positano and maybe a bit more in Amalfi for lunch. But, our itinerary was a little different. We did Positano, Amalfi and Capri on the same day. So, it was one of those long days where we were on our own in each town for about an hour, but it seemed like as soon as you got your bearings we had to head back to meet the guides. It looks like they separated those into 2 days now, so there may be more time to explore. Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful.

Hi TXTransplant--If I remember correctly, we didn't have alot of spare time in Positano or Amalfi. I think there was less than an hour in Positano and maybe a bit more in Amalfi for lunch. But, our itinerary was a little different. We did Positano, Amalfi and Capri on the same day. So, it was one of those long days where we were on our own in each town for about an hour, but it seemed like as soon as you got your bearings we had to head back to meet the guides. It looks like they separated those into 2 days now, so there may be more time to explore. Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful.

Thanks for the reply! No worries...you are correct that we spend an entire (separate day) on Capri. I didn't realize that was a change from previous itineraries. It was a long shot to ask, so we will just have to wait and see how it works out when we get there. I'm actually looking forward to writing an updated trip report for this one!

Have fun. This was a really great trip. We loved the history and ambiance of Siena. It seems like every trip there is one stop where we wished we had more time. For us, it was Siena on this trip. Would have loved to stay overnight there and have a full day to explore. Anyways, hope you have a great time and drink a limoncello or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter