• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Packing Tips for February?

princessnikitaa

Mouseketeer
I never been to Florida in February, so I have no idea what to pack. I'm someone who really can't tell what to wear, even when you tell me what the temperature is, haha. For some reason, I have no idea how to put that temperature into outfits, haha.

Does anyone have any ideas/tips?
Thanks so much!

My sister went last February. They had temps in the 30s for the morning and then warming up into the 70s. YMMV

Based on this, I would plan on a wardrobe change about lunchtime into shorts and tees from pants and heavy sweatshirts. Pack at least one bathing suit because the pools are heated and you might find the air temp warm enough to swim.

I live here and have for 20 years (about 80 miles west of WDW). Early Feb is chilly. Lows can be in the 40's/30's and highs in the 60's/70's. Later in the month, it does start to warm up a bit more but still very mild. I've experienced temps lower of course. We are predicted to have a cooler/wetter than normal winter this year so I'd prepare for that.
Pants with at least one pair of shorts. Swimming is an option if you are staying on site as the pools are heated. Although, you will not see locals in the pools. lol Jackets are a must but I wouldn't say a coat is needed unless you are out very late at night or very early in the morning.
Northern/midwestern folks find our Febs like summer. I see you are from MA so you'll probably think it's a heat wave. ;-)
Have a great time.

If you don't know there are lockers you can rent near every park entrance, it's a great place to store whatever coats, clothing or anything you don't need to carry around the entire day. You might want to plan on a second bag though so it's easy to locker one and carry the other.

We're going the last weekend in February. I dread wardrobe changes, except for the kids, who I can change in the stroller. I will wear shorts if it's 60 degrees. Maybe I need to buy some lightweight pants for the trip.

Layers. I love going in January-February; we're from PA so even if it's cold in the morning/evening, it feels great to us if the weather gets up in the 50's and 60's or warmer during the day but you still need sweatshirts, cardigans, even possibly gloves and a hat, as well as lighter pants/shorts/shirts.

That said, if it's any kind of longer trip, I will stay in a villa so I have laundry in room ~ while we bring a variety of clothing options, I just wash them and wear the same stuff over and over.

Than you all so much! I have not gotten alerts for these posts!
Okay, so I usually pack jeans anyway when I'm traveling so that won't be a problem. I'm only going to be there two days technically, because, I'm be on a cruise to Bahamas four, but I still wanted to know what to pack!

We went in Feb this year. It was cold in the morning and at night. We all had light jackets. And carried a back pack for the jackets. We wore jeans the entire week. It never got to warm in jeans.

One trip we went at the end of Jan. I packed warm hoodies + softshell jackets for each of us. (Last trip in Dec we had super lightweight packable down winter coats and I packed those instead). I also packed a drawstring bag for each of us. That way, one person (DH) didn't have to always carry all the coats. We would wear them in the morning and typically peel off in the afternoon and pop them into the drawstring bags. I also packed thin stretch gloves (I found the cheap magic gloves stuff to take up the least space) and toques (again, takes up very little space) and scarves. There were times we needed all of them (I remember one VERY cold and windy walk in Epcot around World Showcase). That said, we get cold easily and our family typically wears one more layer than most folks.

I also use those very thin long sleeved thermal/dryfit undershirts. They take up almost no space and are warm and layer well. When my DD was younger, I did a lot of skirts and leggings for her. She could add on the lightweight leggings in the cooler mornings/evenings. My son now likes to wear shorts under his pants. DH and I just wear long pants all day.

I did buy handwarmers for our Dec trip last year but never ended up using any of them. The one time we were particularly cold, I didn't bring them with us ;)

Swimsuits are a must - we have always managed to have a warm day for swimming :)

We went in early February two years ago. I wore a skirt everyday and was comfortable, and remember regretting bringing my coat with me into the parks. It got cooler in the middle of the night, though. I am from Texas and the type who gets cold easily, as well. YMMV.

We were there last February and when we first got there it was warm. First day was 74 and we went in the pool. The next day was cooler and then it got much colder like 34 in the morning! We ended up wearing layers including 2 sweatshirts. We went from bathing suits to several heavy sweatshirts in a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter